40 coaches online • Server time: 12:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Sarganius

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2008 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Helloooo.

I just had an idea that i thought might be a good change to the system in that when Bowlbot announces the activation period has begun, the message is in the same format and colour as all other messages, ie. black and normal sized font.

I would suggest that it be made to stand out in a bright colour and also it could make the room tab light up in a certain colour like it does when someone types your name into a message in general chat.

It had been mentioned that in some chats clients you can alter Bowlbots messages to be in a different colour but not all can do this and it would be good to have a kind of 'trumpets blaring to signal the start of another BLACKBOX ROUND!' rather than a standard little message.

Any thoughts or ideas? I don't know if Christer has already got this planned or not but if not i think it would be a helpful while not significant change.

Shrap

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2008 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Agreed
Christer

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2008 - 14:54
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

The IRC protocol does not support colours or formatting. If you want to have bowlbot's message coloured or marked in any way, you can easily add a filter on most IRC clients worth using. IRC is a text-only format, and the formatting options are not standardized.

Add to that the fact that some people use white text on black background while others use black text on white background. Changing colour on a piece of text is likely to make certain users unable to read the text.

So.. Formatting is left as an excersise to the user. An opportunity to learn your IRC client perhaps?
BeeRTRuCK

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2008 - 15:01 Reply with quote Back to top

perhaps an option on the site where u can register for blackbox and have bowlbot pm you for signups?

or pm any coach that had teams removed from pending when the box started?
Sarganius

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2008 - 15:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:

So.. Formatting is left as an excersise to the user. An opportunity to learn your IRC client perhaps?

Learn....? FUMBBL has become like school! RUN!
Mattybee

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2008 - 15:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
The IRC protocol does not support colours or formatting. If you want to have bowlbot's message coloured or marked in any way, you can easily add a filter on most IRC clients worth using. IRC is a text-only format, and the formatting options are not standardized.

As far as I know they effectively are, but I have a better suggestion.

/notify the channel instead of just posting a message. That tends to beep in IRC clients and get people's attention Smile
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2008 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Mattybee wrote:

/notify the channel instead of just posting a message. That tends to beep in IRC clients and get people's attention Smile

That is worse... You know how many people idle there?
BeeRTRuCK

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2008 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

well the beep would be handy for ppl who have registered to early, is it possible to pm ppl that are removed when sign up starts?
 Jump to: