42 coaches online • Server time: 13:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
kn00b

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2008 - 15:15 Reply with quote Back to top

The thing with a [B] Smack would be that you don't know which of your teams will be invited. So it doesn't make sense to pimp up your team for a smack. We can avoid the low-ff garbage zon/dwarf cheesemonkey teams. Or the humans with 400k in cash cheesemonkey team.

Quick game-matching in [R] is ideal unless you are given the option of dodging a match, and nobody is suggesting taking smacks away from [R]. But a [B] smack once every six hours or so would be great fun.
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2008 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Cool, I have one team in [B]... pretty certain I know which one would get to play in the SMACK Razz

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2008 - 16:39 Reply with quote Back to top

well there's no accounting for one-team lameoids, is there? :p
zhraia

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2008 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't see the reason to move smack to B. If B continues to be more popular than R (or just simply popular), It can have its own tournaments. No need remove things from R.
PS. If B gets its own tournaments, they will probably need their own set of rules.
kn00b

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2008 - 23:42 Reply with quote Back to top

zhraia - NOBODY is suggesting that ANYTHING BE REMOVED FROM [B].

If you can't be bothered to read the post, please don't bother us with a reply.
zhraia

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2008 - 00:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Knoob - If YOU read MY post, you'll probably see that I DIDN'T talk about things getting removed from B.

But I'll just assume that you misspelled, so I'll forgive you.
pt0510

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2008 - 00:26 Reply with quote Back to top

/flame

ontopic however:
i think the smacks should be kept to ranked. i can imagine the decscribed format working but i belive that it should be kept to ranked (and stunty!)

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2008 - 00:29 Reply with quote Back to top

zhraia wrote:
I don't see the reason to move smack to B.

This implies that you understood an earlier post as proposing the removal of smack from R and the inclusion of smack in B.

zhraia wrote:

No need remove things from R.

Seems pretty clear. I will ignore anything further from you, thanks for your time.
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2008 - 00:53 Reply with quote Back to top

As i see it at the moment there is a huge amount of excitement about [B] and probably rightly so. It already appears to have overtaken ranked in games played over the last few days (though i have a suspicion it may drop slightly again after a while) and has almost completely overtaken the forums and blogs. The general feedback that im seeing from people is that [B] is great and i certainly can't argue any different since i wont be playing it.
I must admit that I am finding it slightly amusing at the moment that so many people are acting like its the second comming of christ and is the ONLY worthwhile thing on fumbl now (this isn't directed at this particular thread btw... more just a growing feeling the last few days).
Ranked is still exactly the same place as it was a week ago and ,wether you conisider it to be a bad place or a good place, it (like the other divisions) needs its own features to keep it interesting and individual.
One of the main reasons ranked has been so big... is simply the fact that it was so big (if that makes sense). It was where everyone could get, and be choosy about, a game. [B] has the wonderfull feature of garenteeing games at set times as well as the added bonus of removing (almost entirely) the picking that annoyed so many people in ranked. Its already going to be massively popular- even after the initial buz dies out- and so does not require (imo) too many other gimmicks.
It'd definately be great to keep tables of teams success or run the occasional major competition but Smacks??? Again i dont play em but i always thought half the attraction of them was garenteed random games. Why would [B] need this?
I would expect to see interest in smack decline a fair bit over the next few weeks anyway.

Im probably waffling a bit but basicaly what im trying to say in short is: Yes your new toy is lovely and shiny and i sincerly hope it works perfectly and you love it..... but don't try and use it to the detriment of the other divisions. Leave them with reasons for people to play with them too.

TBH im probably over- reacting and on a sensible level im well aware that things will likely even out very nicely (hopefully) leaving us with 2 main divisions both equaly loved... it's just the way some people are talking (combined with the fact i put my teams on gamefinder the other night to see the only other coaches on there were 2 of the sites most notorious pickers Wink ) is making me feel like in 3 months there'll be no ranked.

I hope hat post makes some sense. Please read it carefully before flaming me as it wasn't particularly aimed at this thread or at me disparging {b} in any way.

paul

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2008 - 01:00 Reply with quote Back to top

On a sidenote.... if FUMBBL is the biggest bloodbowl site in the world..... and BlackBox is (apparently) the biggest thing to happen on FUMBBL....

... does that mean that Christer has created the biggest thing in bloodbowl ever in the world??? Very Happy

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2008 - 01:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
zhraia - NOBODY is suggesting that ANYTHING BE REMOVED FROM [B].

In this post, you say that I implied that I talked about thing being removed from B, which was not the case. I assumed that you misspelled.

Quote:

Quote:
zhraia wrote:
I don't see the reason to move smack to B.

This implies that you understood an earlier post as proposing the removal of smack from R and the inclusion of smack in B.

Yes, you got it right here, but only here.

Summary: yes, I misunderstood, my bad.

Back to topic: good Idea, I like it.
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2008 - 01:09 Reply with quote Back to top

paulhicks wrote:
On a sidenote.... if FUMBBL is the biggest bloodbowl site in the world..... and BlackBox is (apparently) the biggest thing to happen on FUMBBL....

... does that mean that Christer has created the biggest thing in bloodbowl ever in the world??? Very Happy

yes

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2008 - 11:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think blackbox needs SMACK instant tournaments, it's already a lot of fun getting random opponents (one of the great things about SMACKs). Also the instant-start / TR-band format of SMACKs really wouldn't work in this kind of blind-entry division.
Perhaps an occasional, scheduled Minor would be better? One with no TR/TS limits as surely getting a high rating in this format is worth recognising as a good achievement.
nin

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2008 - 13:18 Reply with quote Back to top

BBox could have it's own challenges (apart from the quickmatch thing), I like the idea of a BBox Championship.
And if BBox is poppular enought, I'd like to see box teams in the Fumbbl Cup.

If there were a way of activating only some of your teams leaving the rest inactive, there could be tournaments in BBox just in the same way as those in [R]anked
Dominik

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2008 - 13:26 Reply with quote Back to top

SMACKS in Ranked are that popular, because you get scheduled games... which means that the main feature of SMACK (scheduling) makes it for Blackbox quite needless.
 Jump to: