28 coaches online • Server time: 09:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
cthol

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2003 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Howdy folks, I'm running a 1-day Blood Bowl competition at a convention in Ireland at the weekend, mainly for newbie players. I have a load of miniatures, so I'm planning on supplying some teams (2 orc, 2 human, welfs, delfs, dwifs, skaven, possibly one each of the chaos & old world pact teams). Any ideas about this? would any of these teams be particularly difficult for novices to play? or too powerful in a largely novice league? also, has anyone else done a tabletop competition before? any advice?
thanks in advance, Cthol Very Happy
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2003 - 20:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd ditch the pact/khemri/old world

IMHO Just go with the official LRB teams.. they are balanced and playtested in that format.

If you want to keep all the players interested, do the one skill per game route vs spps

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2003 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I would suggest humans, orcs, amazons, elves (all) and races with few skills or with skills easy to use.

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2003 - 09:24 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, might just stick with the LRB teams alright. if you're doing the one skill per game route, should you still do injuries and buying new players? I'm assuming so.
 Jump to: