66 coaches online • Server time: 21:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
How long is reasonable for it to take to start a [B] game after the draw is made?
Start it within the minute - after all, we know when the draw is.
16%
 16%  [ 20 ]
Start within three minutes - people got lives, things to do, a few minutes is no big deal
34%
 34%  [ 43 ]
Start within five minutes - seriously...how long does it take to click play?
37%
 37%  [ 46 ]
Start within ten minutes - what is ten minutes...you do not mind sitting at the computer waiting on you opponent, take your time buddy!
10%
 10%  [ 13 ]
Start whenever - there is no time, whenever you opponent shows up is good by you, you got nothing else to do
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 124

Azure

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2008 - 10:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Just curious, but once a game is agreed upon, what is a reasonable time frame to be starting the game?

Recently I entered blackbox...my opponent, who was online to enter the blackbox less than five minutes ago, does not bother to start the game for 10 minutes. Then says I am rude for wondering where he was. So what are your thoughts?
spelledaren

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2008 - 10:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Good poll!

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2008 - 11:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Thread moved under Divisions > Blackbox.
torsoboy

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2008 - 11:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I like to make coffee before I sit down to do anything (yes, I make coffee before making more coffee as well), so that should be the grace period between agreement and starting.

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2008 - 15:59 Reply with quote Back to top

5 minutes, but I think its ok to go for a bit longer as long as you let your opponent know where you are.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
DonTomaso

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2008 - 16:08 Reply with quote Back to top

The point, for me and probably lots of others, is that with B you can get a fast game. Waiting for 10 for someone who has to take a dump, walk the dog, eat or watch tellie is not on. NOT on.
That can be done before entering the chat-channel and activating the teams.
Really!

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2008 - 16:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Make your coffee, and your coffee's coffee before the round starts. o.O

Enhance YOUR FUMBBL

rostern

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2008 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

3 mins is nice

But before sometimes it took me for 10 mins only 5 games i playd like that but then i re-downloaded java so now i come in 1-2 mins

I come in 20 secs if i turn firewall of coz it spams me allways when i open java
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2008 - 16:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I think a few minutes 3-5 should be ok.
People are often there to see the draw "live" anyway, so they're there. They can drop a line saying "set it up, I'm gonna grab a drink" and come back a few mins later. No problem.

Idling after activating a blackbox team, on the other hand, is damn rude.
Luckily I've seen very few cases of that so far.

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2008 - 16:44
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I'm tired of polls with editorialised options.

By the time we reach poll option 3 you are already showering it with negative language.

If you wish to make a point, make a point. If you wish to make a poll, make a poll.

The two really ought not to go together.

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2008 - 17:04 Reply with quote Back to top

DonTomaso wrote:
Waiting for 10 for someone who has to take a dump, walk the dog, eat or watch tellie is not on. NOT on.

Well I agree that you shouldn't need to walk the dog before playing, but I would never mind if my opponent needs to take a dump before playing. Do you know how uncomfortable that might be for him / her if they tried to hold it in?
Kryten

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2008 - 17:07
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

He might play worse then. Start now! You must start now!
Rijssiej

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2008 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the game should start within 15 mins just like instant start tourneys. And I agree with PC, make an unbiased poll.
westerner

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2008 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I think B matches are like an appointment. If it's 9:15 and I know I'll get a match at 9:30, that gives me 15 minutes to get a drink, pay attention to the wife for a few minutes, or whatever. I think it's common courtesy to take care of forseeable personal business prior to match start.

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2008 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

If you are stressed out by someone taking a couple of minutes before getting it up you probably have too little time on your hands to be suitable to play Blood Bowl at all.

But I agree with the general notion that it shouldn't be a big problem getting it started within at least 5-6 minutes unless the other guy has caught a stomach virus, his cat is on fire or that sexy woman he has always dreamed of walks in naked and he gives her the best 2 or 3 minutes he can achieve and then fixes himself up to play Wink
 Jump to: