20 coaches online • Server time: 07:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...goto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Christer

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2008 - 00:40
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

The blackbox system is in ALPHA stage. The main purpose of the alpha stage is to generate enough data about the scheduler to make it run well. This means that I expect people to play nice and not aggressively try to exploit the system.

For example, I urge people to actually play their games and not drop away from them on purpose. I also hope that you will not whine and complain about unfair matches, but instead just play the game and point out issues objectively.

I'm currently fairly happy with how the scheduler works, but some parameters are still in need of tweaking.

Recent changes:

* 2008-11-25
- Handicaps as part of the suitability score. Each handicap reduces the suitability by 3%.
- "Preferred team" feature for coaches to increase the probability of a particular team of theirs to be scheduled. The preferred team is the one you click on to activate.

Issues on my todo list for the Blackbox:

- Implement a lock for team changes once the draw has been made.

- Implement a mechanism to deal with droppers.

Last edited by Christer on %b %26, %2009 - %14:%Jan; edited 3 times in total
westerner

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2008 - 00:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds great!

Thanks for all the fun.

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2008 - 00:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Rocking.
Dank

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2008 - 01:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Play NICE @?!! There is no nice in Blood Bowl. Well maybe if your a bunch of panzy Elfs?......Ok heres my 2 cents worth. First I would change the name to Bbox ? Easer to type:).... As far a making the matches more even TeamStrength has to be your best way ? Some matches might be a little cherry ... thats just the luck of the draw. No, its not like there is any one cherry picking matches on fuubbl?!! But that is a diferent subject.... BlackBox is great. Good Ducking JOB!!!Very Happy
frogboy

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2008 - 09:36 Reply with quote Back to top

its really good fun, no more waiting for a game, didn't even know you could drop from games, anyway think that would be a good idea to punish thoughs who do, like give them a red card for a random player for the next game or drop 1 FF who knows, anyway your the boss......

Foul Bowl - Table Top Tournament in South Wales
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2008 - 09:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
- "Preferred team" feature for coaches to increase the probability of a particular team of theirs to be scheduled. The preferred team is the one you click on to activate.

All Excellent.
I suggest to make the quoted part a little more obvious, though. Not everybody read the forum.
Don't know how you can do it, maybe adding a little note in everybody's overview?

Jan

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2008 - 09:44 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:

Don't know how you can do it, maybe adding a little note in everybody's overview?

"Blackbox Recent Changes" news item would do it I think.
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2008 - 09:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
... I expect people to play nice and not aggressively try to exploit the system.

I'd say exploit to the max in your position. It's better to find the holes in the system before you start working on the finest details.

Excellent changes by the way.

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2008 - 10:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
"Preferred team" feature for coaches to increase the probability of a particular team of theirs to be scheduled. The preferred team is the one you click on to activate.

thats a very good idea. maybe there will even be the option to activate all teams without preferring one of them.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2008 - 10:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:
Christer wrote:
... I expect people to play nice and not aggressively try to exploit the system.

I'd say exploit to the max in your position. It's better to find the holes in the system before you start working on the finest details.

Excellent changes by the way.

I assume he means exploits outside the game itself like dodging games and hiring after being scheduled, stuff which shouldnt happen but is possible because the blackbox is still under construction.

Zodgrot wrote:
Christer wrote:
"Preferred team" feature for coaches to increase the probability of a particular team of theirs to be scheduled. The preferred team is the one you click on to activate.

thats a very good idea. maybe there will even be the option to activate all teams without preferring one of them.

That might be quite a handy feature depending on the impact the preferential system might have.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Shivkala

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2008 - 11:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
- Handicaps as part of the suitability score. Each handicap reduces the suitability by 3%.

*applaud* Thanks, here goes my major issue with the scheduler Smile
Christer wrote:

And another one! Finally I reason for me to make a second team Razz (I know, it's still only 'preferred' but it decreases the chance one has to play a team he/she is absolutely not in the mood playing. Great!)
westerner

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2008 - 16:01 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
Christer wrote:

All Excellent.
I suggest to make the quoted part a little more obvious, though. Not everybody read the forum.

/signed

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2008 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

No complaints from me about ANYTHING in the B div so far. There was only 1 game I was way lower in TR and T, but even that game ended up being really tight. So whatever you're doing, it's all been good Very Happy
PhrollikK

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2008 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
* 2008-11-25

Applause

Calcium

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2008 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally I can take or leave the 'preferred team' proposal.

I quite like the uncertainty of which of my 3 team's I am going to play....regardless of their condition/strength