44 coaches online • Server time: 16:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
How about Black box with total Race diversity ?
I'm the master of all races, YES bring it on.
35%
 35%  [ 33 ]
I'm a bit of a scaredy cat.... MAYBE.
19%
 19%  [ 18 ]
I play Khemri so NO way.
45%
 45%  [ 43 ]
Total Votes : 94

HolyG

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2008 - 22:49 Reply with quote Back to top

We have other divisions which we love or hate, I still see things about current Black box that I don't like, one of which is racial variation ! I know yes I'm guilty as well and the concept occured to me, why don't we have another Ultimate Blackbox where hard core players can prove themselves and their diverse abilities.

Basically my proposal is simple each committed coach makes one team to represent each race(Division Rules), then we apply all current Black Box features to that division and apply an Ultimate Rating (UR) for those that constantly reduce things to letters.

This could be awesome not only do we get ideally perfect race diversity but every coach gets tested on every aspect of blood bowl... ie. An enforced testing ground which we are forced to learn from.... all the benefits of Black Box current but with a far better variation in gameplay.
frogboy

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2008 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah lets do it, and can we have mutations for all races just as a normal skill, so we dont have to wait ages for a double, boy that would be so cool. just think of it Twisted Evil

Foul Bowl - Table Top Tournament in South Wales
Plorg

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2008 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Any coach can do this voluntarily by making a [B] team of each race...
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2008 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

No, lets make the ultimate thread of [B] and then take it out back and shoot it. The End.

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2008 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer answered to this before already, forcing ppl to play races they don't want to play won't happen.
HolyG

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2008 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

It isn't forcing it's giving us a new division for those that wish it.

Could also be a multi team fluff fest for those that get into it....

Last edited by HolyG on %b %26, %2008 - %23:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2008 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

It`s not so much force... it`s... encourage... encourage in a 'do this or don`t play [B]' kind of way...
Melmoth

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2008 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

We just goit a new division and I think it was very hard work for christer. Now dont go and ask for another one at the same time this is still in alpha stage....
spelledaren

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2008 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Meh. I wouldnt care enough about all those teams to want to participate. I like the general sentiment, but its just boring to play in. At least thats what I think. Not very good poll options either!

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2008 - 23:13 Reply with quote Back to top

top idea mate,,,, the only way to see if it works is if christer starts it . Then make your judgement ,
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2008 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the notion that this proposed division would produce an 'Ultimate' CR is flawed.

Unless you played hundreds of games, you'd be in a situation where coach A (totally via luck of the draw) played double the number of Vampire games than Orcs, and coach B the reverse. And all sorts of other combinations. So there would be no level ground to rank coaches against each other (at least in terms of 'we all have one of each race, we're all in the same boat' terms). No ranking system is ever going to be perfect, but I think your proposal would go the opposite way than intended unless you had a significant number of coaches playing hundreds of games to produce more even previous game lists... At least in the current system, you give the coaches license to play any race they like, so if you're into playing power races and 'reducing things to letters', they all start in the same place and have the same chance.

Add to that - making people play races they don't like is pants. I hate Chaos, I've no desire to make a Chaos team in the future. We only get 40 team slots, you want me to commit 21 to one division?!

It's flawed, in my opinion. Smile

Just pick some varied [B] teams in the current division. Will keep life interesting. I've actually played relatively varied opponents so far, it's not nearly as bad (albeit in my limited experience) as some like to think it is.
nin

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2008 - 00:20 Reply with quote Back to top

HolyG, if you really think that there needs to be more racial diversity in BBox I sugest you to create teams from some of the least poppular races apart from the Dwarves you allready have)

Those are too many teams. It would be hard to care about them all, the scheduler could have problems with that many teams (if there are also many coaches), and I see a problem with cripled teams.
Either people can't retire teams or you let them re-create teams until they have a succesfull one.
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2008 - 04:28 Reply with quote Back to top

HolyG wrote:
I still see things about current Black box that I don't like, one of which is racial variation!

take the first step in fixing the issues behind the racial diversity....

...get rid of your dorfs...

...otherwise, quit complaining...

--j

ImageImage
funnyfingers

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2008 - 04:32 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
HolyG wrote:
I still see things about current Black box that I don't like, one of which is racial variation!

take the first step in fixing the issues behind the racial diversity....

...get rid of your dorfs...

...otherwise, quit complaining...

--j

That is quite funny that the person suggesting the idea not only has 1 team in blackbox but it is dwarves. I think I may end up having one of each race in the blackbox. No need for a different division. Baby steps, and you should start the trend.
propuppetmaster

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2008 - 04:58 Reply with quote Back to top

he has two retired [B] teams too
 Jump to: