83 coaches online • Server time: 21:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
James_Probert

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2013 - 21:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Dan-Da-Man wrote:
Any idea if next season is going to happen?

Please read my post above...

Post   Posted: May 19, 2013 - 21:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Hope Block gets this going soon, or... James takes it on... Good Luck in your exams James.

Post   Posted: May 20, 2013 - 13:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Last exam on Thursday.

I'm then away for a week, but things will start rolling in June, I can promise. (Assuming block doesn't get things going before then).

Post   Posted: May 20, 2013 - 14:04 Reply with quote Back to top

If I remember correctly most coaches were pretty active and most games got played, think this can go on for sure! Gl in those exams James, hopefully we get this going soon! Wink
Dan-Da-Man

Post   Posted: May 20, 2013 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Araznaroth wrote:
If I remember correctly most coaches were pretty active and most games got played, think this can go on for sure! Gl in those exams James, hopefully we get this going soon! Wink

think my division was complete
Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2013 - 14:16 Reply with quote Back to top

James_Probert wrote:
Last exam on Thursday.

I'm then away for a week, but things will start rolling in June, I can promise. (Assuming block doesn't get things going before then).

How are we doing James? - Did the exams go well?
easilyamused

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2013 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Any updates on next season yet?

If push comes to shove just make me an admin and I will kick off the new season, lets get in going!!!!

Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2013 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Email sent, good time for any prospective new members to give me a shout
blocknroll

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2013 - 12:54 Reply with quote Back to top

League will start again tomorrow, some space for new teams/coaches or old teams/coaches to get involved again. Contact me in the next 24 hours (by midday uk time tomorrow)
James_Probert

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2013 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

All divisions are now underway!

In the Premier Division, there was a close game between the smallest sides in the division, and while Seaview Jimmy have pedigree, as former Champions, the Parkhurst RIPpers held them to a one all draw.

In Division One, the season was kicked off with the founders and former champions, the Wroxall Wreckers suffering an ignominious two-one defeat to the Blackgang Brotherhood, the latest team to be coached by champion coach easilyamused. Division One is currently the only division to have had two matches played. In the second, the Horringford Honeys (coached by current League Administrator blocknroll, All Hail!) drew one all with St Lawrence's Forsaken, whose greatest claim to fame so far, has been their claiming of the Division One title back in season nine.

And finally, Division Two. Here, the returning multiple champions, Havenstreet Homeboys staked their claim as favourites for the title with a five-nil deconstruction of the just starting Carisbrooke Crusaders, in spite of both Headsplitter and Morg 'n' Thorg showing up on the Crusaders team bench a mere five minutes before kick off. The Crusaders were valiant, and never gave up, traits that will serve them well in the season ahead, but the Homeboys quite simply had too much firepower, and by far the better dice on their way to a resounding victory.

This has been your WIBBL round up as the opening fixtures get under way!

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2013 - 00:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, Ladies (well, I hope there are some in our audience anyway) and Gentlemen.

Now then...

We've had the round up of matches played so far...

Time for a few predictions!

Starting this time, in Division Two, we have:
Shide Skinkss vs Bembridge Buccaneers
The Skinkss are a well established WIBBL team, while the Buccaneers are just starting. The Buccaneers have a racial advantage, being dwarves, and will get lots of inducements, while the Skinkss are heavily hampered by (to be quite honest) a poor coach. This has upset potential. However, I can't see the sheer breadth of value between the two teams being sufficiently spanned to let the Buccaneers come away with a win.
My Prediction: 1-1 draw.

Nettlestone Nigel and Friends vs Seaclose Parkers
A pair of new teams with one old coach and one new(er?) coach. Nettlestone's humans should have this, with a team of skills, compared to Seaclose's strength advantage.
My Prediction: 2-0 to Nettlestone

Godshill Gladerunners vs Caulkhead Crunchers
A new wood elf team against an Ogre team that started soon after the league began.
The wood elves will have to rely on their pair of wardancers having a good game. On the other hand, if the Ogres take them out, it should be relatively east for them to then take control of the game and seal up a rare victory.
My prediction: 1-0 to the Ogres.

Now, on to Division One, where there is just one game left to predict this round.
Blackwater Bilge Rat vs Convent of Island Pleasures2
Blackwater don't look to be in the healthiest of conditions, with three loners currently in use, only two gutter runners and a single blitzer. However, their Rat Ogre is reasonably well skilled up, and their gutter runners have the potential to be highly effective, with the Convent's lack of sure hands. The Convent, on the other hand, look to be in good shape, with a solid corp of blodgers to deal with most hits, and a range of utility skills elsewhere.
My prediction: 2-1 to the Convent, with the rats scoring first before they get bashed out of the game.

And so, on to the Premiership.
Cowes Bulls vs Newport Stompers
The Bulls, as ever, have to come into this season as one of the favourites for the title, with a solid squad, including a bull that is very nearly legendary, having played every game for the team, bar one. With skills on the Blockers, they should be able to challenge nearly anyone for victory, and are looking slimmer than they have done before now.
The Stompers have some very nice Blitzers, but I suspect they lack the skills on their Black Orcs to be able to push the Bulls around. They will do well enough in their other matches, but here, they are solidly outmatched.
My prediction: 2-0 to the Bulls.

And Finally:
The reigning Champions, Newchurch of the Damned vs Gatcombe Catacomb
Newchurch have a solid core of uninjured, well skilled players including a pair of stat-upped Chaos Warriors, and a couple of killer Beastmen. As long as they don't pick up any major injuries to one of their key players, they could go all the way again.
Gatcombe, meanwhile, have a very balanced side. Unfortunately for them, this means lots of skills on Zombies. Admittedly, I wouldn't say no to a St4 zombie. But on a necromantic team I'd sooner have a St4 Werewolf. I think Gatcombe will do well this season, but this is a match too far against very strong opposition.
My prediction: 2-1 to Newchurch.

So, that's Round One predicted.

What do you all think? And feel free to join in and make your own!

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2013 - 01:38 Reply with quote Back to top

James_Probert wrote:
Okay, Ladies (well, I hope there are some in our audience anyway) and Gentlemen.

Now then...

We've had the round up of matches played so far...

Time for a few predictions!

And so, on to the Premiership.

And Finally:
The reigning Champions, Newchurch of the Damned vs Gatcombe Catacomb
Newchurch have a solid core of uninjured, well skilled players including a pair of stat-upped Chaos Warriors, and a couple of killer Beastmen. As long as they don't pick up any major injuries to one of their key players, they could go all the way again.
Gatcombe, meanwhile, have a very balanced side. Unfortunately for them, this means lots of skills on Zombies. Admittedly, I wouldn't say no to a St4 zombie. But on a necromantic team I'd sooner have a St4 Werewolf. I think Gatcombe will do well this season, but this is a match too far against very strong opposition.
My prediction: 2-1 to Newchurch.

So, that's Round One predicted.

What do you all think? And feel free to join in and make your own!

2-1 prediction spot on: https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3466287
Araznaroth

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2013 - 02:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice one James. Close game against the team to beat in my eyes! Held back now, giving my all in the cup!
easilyamused

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2013 - 13:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Slowly getting the group page updated.

Complete new set of seals done for previous seasons if anyone is missing some.

May have to re-do the trophies as they seem to have disappeared out of shades gallery :/

After that I will finish the home page to have the previous division breakdown that was there before. Looks better if everyone has logos but I can use the generic team logos for those that don't have them yet.

Then I will start the mammoth job of doing the stats page with previous winners etc.....

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2013 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I was on for the draw James but he dodged from 3 DT skinks to score 2-1 on turn 16... oh and Morg killed me 1 game old Kroxi... couldnt afford a new one so bought a 6th Saurus and will be trying to get some bash Top 25 entries for a change... thank Dan Da Man if you have to play me soon Smile