48 coaches online • Server time: 00:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Chaos Draft League R...goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coach
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2008 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I have given up even caring about the BOX at this point. Does not mean I wont play BOX games, because I will. I have just given up really discussing the "changes" and all the normal issues that are being "flamed" about in the BOX.

The BOX for me will be just what it was intended to be. A way for me to get a game in when I cant seem to find a match up in ranked or a no league games going on.

It is fun for me to just play and not worry about all the BS behind the scenes that allways accompanies blood bowl. I have moved on even worrying about it. Lets just line up the Pixels and smash each other.

There are no plans for tournaments for the BOX or anything else beside just playing games and having fun, hopefully. SO the only competitive nature of the BOX is to just win your game and move on to the next one. Obviously that has made some coaches upset that the BOX will not replace ranked. Some are upset that since there is no competition expect to win only then team development has been destroyed. Living in the moment of the game to win and forget the future. Well Iam fine with just playing a game to win and move on. Dont care about fair and balanced.

Just wondering if some other coaches after allmost a month of the BOX are starting to feel the same way as me.
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2008 - 18:59 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
I have given up even caring about the BOX at this point. .

Laughing

Why even start this thread then? Very Happy

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2008 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Because I do like discussing things on the forums. I could be like 94% of the other coaches and never post on the forums but Iam not like that. Plus I was just wondering if there are some guys our there like me who just want to play and have fun with the box and put all those other "issues" on the side and destroy some pixels. But the #1 reason Iam posting is because Iam one of two guys working today in a company of over 150 people. SO IAM BORED OUT MY MIND AT WORK.

There you go Foulscumm I have "come clean" on my motivation to post such an inflammatory forum.

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2008 - 19:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Today will be a forum "Troll" day for me. And if Iam feeling frisky I might just necromance a thread for the hell of it so I can get the enjoyment of a Coach coming unglued that I necroed a forum discussion from 3 years ago that makes no sense.
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2008 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
SO IAM BORED OUT MY MIND AT WORK.

It's one of the two acceptable reasons to post. The other one you could have used is "Because I felt like it" Smile

And yeah, I'm bored out of my mind with all the [B] thread whining too. You are not alone.

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2008 - 21:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Is the other employee a girl? Do you have access to the boss's desk?

/me puts on Barry White for you

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2008 - 01:18 Reply with quote Back to top

wow, you got quiet for the rest of the workday.

Guess someone "got busy"

Very Happy

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2008 - 01:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Or "got fired" Razz

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2008 - 05:21 Reply with quote Back to top

It was option #3. I said #$%$# it about 30 minutes after I made that post and told my co-worker crap rolls down hill and clocked out and left.

Edit - Watch the language. --j

Last edited by PainState on %b %07, %2009 - %22:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
Oko

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2008 - 08:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Lack of direction is a valid problem, concerning the box.
Calcium

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2008 - 09:01 Reply with quote Back to top

We so don't need another box is broke rant. I want to know more about how the 'Barry White' suggestion worked out.

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2008 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

This thread is a bit misleading:
First you are tired of all the dicusions about the BBox, but you make a thread to discuse just that subject.
And the title... wow, after reading the heading post it's more than inaccurate, you are tired of the discusions, but you are not giving up the box.
(that's a mischievous misleading that could lead to some flames... other than the ones ignited by Barry White)

...and it's alpha, it's about discusions (and data, so it's good that you keep on playing)
arv9673

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2008 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

You didn't happen to film your work day, Barry white an all, and post it anywhere, did you? Perhaps on a "red" website I think we all know...? Very Happy If not, s'ok. I've got a good imagination (and a lightning quick Internet connection)
PainState

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2008 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Calcium: yes I agree we dont need another BOX rant.
Arktoris and Foulscumm: Good job on picking up what this thread was really about.
Nin: Of course it was misleading and argued both sides of the discussion. As a Forum agitator (part time) that is the key to stoking a good forum flame war.

And yes NIN you are right on the money. All the discussion of the BOX has given me tired head over the wholle thing.

OKO: direction of the box? oh there is direction. Christer has made it very clear the direction of the box: it will be a new DIV that you can get quick matches and play some blood bowl for fun, thats it. NO tourneys, no SMACKS or anything else. If you just want to play then the BOX is for you. You want a "larger" format with tourneys and all the other stuff then ranked is where you have to go. And Iam fine with all of that.

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2008 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

"playing", not "paying"
nin, not NIN (I don't mind that group using my nick, but it's not in caps for me)

I just supose that after the Barry White thing and all you got a bit confused
...must have been good
...details?
 Jump to: