25 coaches online • Server time: 05:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you like to view BR?
Yes
64%
 64%  [ 66 ]
No
20%
 20%  [ 21 ]
Don't Know
15%
 15%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 103

nin

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2008 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

nexusvalhees wrote:
I simply don't like the Idea of BR I want to play games against even teams and win or lose based on coaching ability If I get a helping hand from a low BR and win well I didn't really win anything the system did.

This thread is not about BR in the formula that the scheduler uses, but about being able to see it.
(I know, if the BR was out of the formula, win% could do the trick... but I see no problem n BR itshelf)
arv9673

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2008 - 21:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the fact that it's hidden. You want to see a "rating," keep your happy butt in Ranked where they seem to live and die by it. Also, some here would continue to chomp at the bit if it is kept hidden, and that's funny to watch. Keep it hidden. Very Happy
Oko

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2008 - 09:43 Reply with quote Back to top

No.
Keep it hidden.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2008 - 11:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, we have an strong yes on the votes so far, so is there any chance we can see BR now, so that people have something to aim at?

Quick one off games are great, but there is nothin on the horizon, no tournaments, no awards, BR would at least give us a target.
spelledaren

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2008 - 20:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I think we might get to see BR once B moves out of the testing stages.

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2008 - 20:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I originally said No, but now I am thinking maybe it would be better to make BR public and eliminate CR from [R], allowing us to have a competetive picker-free division where we can compare coaching abilities, and a division where you can have fun without being troubled too much by the result.
johan

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2008 - 01:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Displaying BR will be crucial to having the division work once it's out of testing - it's the reward mechanic for the division, after all.

Displaying BBR is more dubious - it will encourage some people to go for a high BBR at all costs (including ephemeral things like winning the match).

Become like any other sport, a battleground...”

—Benny Andersson & Björn Ulvaeus, Chess
 Jump to: