53 coaches online • Server time: 16:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
salibrus

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2008 - 20:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually i think last coach unpaired should be the first one to be pair on the next draw .... was not selected 2 draw in a row and i have 6 avalaible team in Blackbox ......
JimmyBlitz

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2008 - 20:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, either it is a mistake in the system, or it was ensuring that you weren't paired against an unfairly inferior or superior team. At the risk of you not having been picked, perhaps a few post about coaches complaining about their draw was reduced.
nin

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2008 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know, but may be Christer thinks it's too unlikely to be worried with.
And may be it is.

Hey, that would make you very unlucky... ouch
Sorry (really)

If it has happend more times, may be it's an issue... and there were a thread about those.
Ash

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2008 - 20:52 Reply with quote Back to top

it would be resolved all by itself once we re gonna be enough in blackbox Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2008 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

have a cookie. you got lucky.

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2008 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

salibrus wrote:
Actually i think last coach unpaired should be the first one to be pair on the next draw .... was not selected 2 draw in a row and i have 6 avalaible team in Blackbox ......

I think it's the TS of your teams that is the issue, which will only be the case until they have some games under their belts.

3 Teams are under 100 TS, which means that it requires another rookie team, of a certain race to be in the system for any of those 3 to get a match.

1 Team is 188 TS, and seeing as it is still early days, there is not many teams that high quite yet, so they may struggle to get matched.

That means that your 105 TS Dark Elves or 119 TS Amazons are the most likely to be matched at this moment in time.

However, one day your teams will be 110, 115, 150, 165, 190 and 210 and the broad range of TS on show will almost guarentee you a match.
nin

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2008 - 00:38 Reply with quote Back to top

probably count the 119 TS Amazons as weird to match too, as racial factors and handicaps are in use nowadays and hence pairing them with Dwarves needs rookie and beaten Dwarves but pairing them against anithing else puts handicaps into the ecuation making the match less likely (to my limited understanding of the formula)
Kryten

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2008 - 02:10
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe that racial factors are in use.
nin

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2008 - 14:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Kryten wrote:
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe that racial factors are in use.

Christer wrote:
The suitability score takes the win probability for both these figures based on respective ranking and strength, just like in R. Let's call these two probabilities P and bashP. These are as in R adjusted with the racial factor according to the charts available in the stats section.

Correction made.
(...as long as the most recent changes haven't taken out the racial factors without me being aware)
(still those shouldn't have a great impact on the suitability of matches)
Kryten

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2008 - 20:26
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, cool - that's good to know.
 Jump to: