20 coaches online • Server time: 03:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do you want major/ minor tourneys in [B]lack Box?
Yes
68%
 68%  [ 134 ]
No
31%
 31%  [ 61 ]
Total Votes : 195

Nightbird

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2008 - 01:11 Reply with quote Back to top

With the rise of [B] it's become obvious that we need to address the need for Major & Minor Tourneys in the division when all is sorted.

I don't see why we can't have the same type of regular tourneys that [R] has in [B] also & I'm sure many feel the same. I'm betting alot may even feel that [B] should be the main division for major/minor tourneys now.

It seems that [B] is what BBowl is meant to be & it eliminates the ability to create cherrypicking uber teams meant only for the tourney scene. Simply put, if you create an uber team in [B] it's earned & deserves to win major/minor tourneys.

This is simply a poll to see how high the demand is for major & minor tourneys in [B] after the system is sorted.

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2008 - 01:43 Reply with quote Back to top

a minimum number of games played would do well as qualifying criteria

SillySod

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2008 - 01:55 Reply with quote Back to top

flyor wrote:
a minimum number of games played would do well as qualifying criteria

Why?

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2008 - 01:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Why?

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2008 - 02:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Whhhhyyyyyyy!?!

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2008 - 02:26 Reply with quote Back to top

for reference...

Christer wrote:
FYI, I have no intention of working in tournaments into B at this point. This doesn't mean it won't ever happen but there will not be any tournament any time soon.

http://www.fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=346140&highlight=#346140

In any case, how would you set up such a tournament? Any fixed-TR/TS benchmark is going to lead to metagaming of team development.

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2008 - 02:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like tournaments in [B]lackbox. Being able to metagame a TR 200 team within the sealed environment would be an impressive feat (or maybe just a lucky one). However, I have no idea why you would want to restrict access based on number of games Confused

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Vol

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2008 - 03:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Why can't blackbox tournaments work like blackbox. All coaches do some sort of 'activate for tourney' and all teams that are close enough to one another are entered into a bracket together. Let the scheduler make as many brackets as there are match-ups.

That is one thing I hate about Ranked tourneys, the 149/175 team. The one that has somehow managed to stay under the TR cap but maxed out their TS.
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2008 - 03:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Vol wrote:
That is one thing I hate about Ranked tourneys, the 149/175 team. The one that has somehow managed to stay under the TR cap but maxed out their TS.

This can be done in [B] as well

And tournaments in B might be fun... but I really don't see the point personally. Every game is like another tournament game anyway. What's the point?

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2008 - 03:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't see why tourneys in [B] would set up any different than in [R]. A tourney is announced, you select a team you want to play within the tourney & the tourney is scheduled on the set upon date. The team you select is taken out of the mix of regular play in [B] division just as in [R].

I'm sure we'll have to wait at least a year before any tourneys are even possible considering what christer has said on the matter. I don't read all the forum threads and missed that qoute, but this thread is still viable to show him how big the demand may be for tourneys within [B], so keep voting.

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2008 - 03:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
This can be done in [B] as well

Yes, but in [B], hopefully the tourneys will run based on TS and not TR, as they do in [R].
PTGMach

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2008 - 03:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
And tournaments in B might be fun... but I really don't see the point personally. Every game is like another tournament game anyway. What's the point?

erm. wouldn't that -be- the point? that it might be fun?
i love the 1-off games. but a tourney would be.. i dunno. different. maybe not much. *shrug*
of course, "every game is like another tournament" is primarily true for those of us who have done SMACKs and the like. if that was the reason you did tourneys before, then maybe there isn't any point for you. but that isn't necessarily the only point for other people. the only tourneys i've been in before were small closed leagues, so in my own experience, [B] is nothing like a tourney.
Pirog

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2008 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted no. It would bring that element of powergaming into B that I think could ruin the entire division. I haven't really seen that many 4+ dp teams etc. in the division, but that would definately come with the tournaments. Just keep it fun and simple, at least for now.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2008 - 15:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer has already suggested here that there will be no BlackBox tournaments in the near future.

Not that I wish to halt the discussion, I just wanted to make you aware that, if it doesn happen, it's some way off.
Enar

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2008 - 15:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Nightbird wrote:
With the rise of [B] it's become obvious that we need to address the need for Major & Minor Tourneys in the division when all is sorted.

Why?
 Jump to: