58 coaches online • Server time: 14:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Eddy

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2008 - 20:38 Reply with quote Back to top

pac, i apologize, because you may think that i decided to annoy you today ^^ I haven't. I respect you and i value your opinion. Been looking for threads in the Strategy&Tactics forum started by you, because i knew they were going to be good.

Still, about this particular issue: if BB is not war but sport, then how come you seem to condone the "total-murder" approach? I'm pretty sure it's what CircularLogic meant, my apologies if it's not the case. And i must say i'm surprised too.

I don't know what's the problem between you two, and it's not my business, but could you please detail why your statement should not be applicable to other situations? And just to be clear: i enjoy playing BB because it represents a sport. A very, Very, VERY violent sport (and that part is a lot of fun), but still a sport (this part too).

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2008 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Eddy wrote:
pac, i apologize, because you may think that i decided to annoy you today ^^

Not at all - SillySod may be annoying me, certainly not you.

Quote:
Still, about this particular issue: if BB is not war but sport, then how come you seem to condone the "total-murder" approach? I'm pretty sure it's what CircularLogic meant, my apologies if it's not the case. And i must say i'm surprised too.

It's not a question of condoning. Personally, I play to win. It's a matter of recognising that trying to do anything about is futile, because you cannot distinguish between it and a variety of other cases. Pure cases of team-destroying are as rare as a Goblin with BT. Mostly, team destroyers want to win - they just don't give it the very highest priority.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2008 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

pac wrote:
Not at all - SillySod may be annoying me

FINALLY

Something we can all agree on. Wink

(Silly slapping will draw me to a thread like nothing else... Razz)
Eddy

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2008 - 21:09 Reply with quote Back to top

pac wrote:
It's not a question of condoning. Personally, I play to win. It's a matter of recognising that trying to do anything about is futile, because you cannot distinguish between it and a variety of other cases. Pure cases of team-destroying are as rare as a Goblin with BT. Mostly, team destroyers want to win - they just don't give it the very highest priority.

Ok then. I thought you were ok with that approach. I agree with you, it's hard to identify, and harder to do prevent it.

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2008 - 01:16 Reply with quote Back to top

westerner wrote:
westerner wrote:
I do not mind how you play in TT, but on fumbbl there are rules to cover concessions. You may think they are unnecessary, but they are still the rules.

nexusvalhees wrote:
Hey that's great let's take something completely out of context and make it as if I'm trying to force fumbbl to conform to my groups rules Ya that's what I was going for.

Are you the same guy who wrote this on a previous page of this thread?

nexusvalhees wrote:
Yes I have get rid of the stupid rule it was meant to avoid team pimping and as that is pretty much a pre match agreement it is not needed to begin with. The only real reason imho to concede is because you no longer wish to play the game whatever got you there is irrelevant. Perhaps your pixels are falling apart, perhaps you have company, perhaps your just tired of looking at your computer, none of that really matters we play the game to have fun once it's no longer fun feel free to stop playing theres a perfect system in the game for it. I've played in real life leagues as well and no one ever cared that someone conceded there either.

Hardly out of context, is it? when you respond to me saying the fumbbl rule on concessions is stupid and you play in RL leagues where no one cares about concessions.

The fumbbl rules on concessions are fine the way they are, and they are especially needed in [B].

Well had that been the Quote you used it wouldn't be out of context but it wasn't

We disagree I don't believe the concession rules are fine you do.
as were playing online I particularly feel it's a stupid rule because it really doesn't hurt anyone but the conceeder especially in black box. If someone concedes against you you get cash and spp your next opponent will be matched based on your ts within 30 mins ect Now should the conceder be mocked relentlessly sure does there need to be a vague hardly enforceable subjective rule no.

Someone asked for a suggestion I gave one.

@Pac sorry you had to many things I wanted to respond to to Quote you

As for me mocking a T1 conceder relentlessly You are absolutely correct we all pretty much play for blood at my table so I'd find it to be incredibly wimpy.
I still wouldn't feel the need to rule against it though as we all are also team builders and most everyone would bee more than happy to get the cash and mvp until after said player either finally got with the program to avoid being belittled or decided to quit.

To team destroyers caring about the other players experience. I can only say you are absolutely correct. We CARE far more than many of the I'm playing to win coaches. I need you to have a vested interest in your players, I need you to either laugh or cry to make my experience playing this game it's best. I need to play a human a computer cares little about his players. I want you ranting about getting vengeance and I want you to make me feel the same way.

As to Team Killers Playing to win yes most are I in fact want to win every game even if I feel other goals are more important.

Remember folks if you don't go out of your way to kill good players AGING IS YOUR FAULT!!
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2008 - 01:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Eddy wrote:
koadah wrote:
The more concessions you have the more playing to kill or for a concession looks like a good and profitable strategy.

If I have to go over to your house to play a league game I really wouldn't be happy if you concede on turn 1.

If i have to go to your house to play Blood Bowl and you played WHFB on a BB pitch, i really wouldn't be happy either =)

Could i have a cannon? Very Happy

Cuz id forget fouling if i could have a cannon Very Happy

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2008 - 01:47 Reply with quote Back to top

If you had a gun then i'd consider letting you win AND foul =P

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2008 - 01:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Eddy wrote:
If you had a gun then i'd consider letting you win AND foul =P

what is this "win" you speak of? Wink

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2008 - 02:01 Reply with quote Back to top

It's when you score more touchdowns* than me.

* a touchdown is something that gives 3 SPP. 2 touchdowns means you get one more Dirty Player.

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2008 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't you'll confuse him!

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2008 - 00:33 Reply with quote Back to top

OK it seems people have misinterpreted one of my posts.

Conceding on turn 1 in the BB is the closest thing to a forfeit in TT, I am not advocating waiting until turn 1 before announcing a forfeit in TT games.

An actual forfeit in TT would most likely not involve any minis being set up at all and you would not wait until turn 1 before announcing your forfeit. Typically it would happen after the commissioner announces that you have been drawn against Killy McDeath Squad and you take one look at their roster before saying "sod that". I have played in a TT league where there was an enforced time frame for forfeiting but most people I've played had the common decency to announce it well in advance anyway. If someone went to all the trouble of travelling to your home, LGS, club or whatever and THEN you announced "lol forfeit" then yes I agree some form of punishment would probably take place because that is just dickery.
nThatch

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2008 - 21:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Have a high elf team without dp, as i dont see the use of it while tryin to elfball. My ogres on the other hand...
Ehlers

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2008 - 07:41 Reply with quote Back to top

nThatch wrote:
Have a high elf team without dp, as i dont see the use of it while tryin to elfball. My ogres on the other hand...

You dont see the reaon for a HE team to have a DP?
I sure do.
Get rid of the other team DP faster the better
Get rid of his claw&RSC killer machine
Get rid of his tacklers, not like I care that much about tackle due to not that much dodge is on my elf teams.
Get rid of annoying players
Have a few DPs to tell the other coach, you are not afraid of a foul war. Some coaches might stop fouling, if you are good at fouling his players off the field. And if you then make some RIPs also, then he will begin to think 2times before making a foul.
westerner

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2008 - 14:00 Reply with quote Back to top

It has been said that DP's are the great equalizer. For this reason squishy teams can get as much or more out of them as bashy teams.

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2009 - 00:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Apologies for the necro but one of the topics discussed in this thread was concessions: what constitutes an acceptable concession, and whether concession rules are needed at all. I came across a post on Christer's blog about this that might be worth reading (scroll approx halfway down).