29 coaches online • Server time: 11:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
swilhelm73

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2003 - 21:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I never said they were. However, I have no PO, RSC, Claw, or even DP. And I'd say that this guy, my best player, is pretty damn good at playing the ball.

Beastman 7 3 4 8 Horns, Big Hand, Block, +AG, +MA, Pass Block

If you don't play someone because they have block, well, good luck finding a game... :p
BigBear

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2003 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

K keep the advice Comming cos Its helping me loads AND any newbie that reads this Smile Very Happy
Colin

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2003 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Aequitas wrote:
Listen to the Gerbil, his chaos team is legendary and has played tons of games besides.

...it also has a ranking below 150, and a mediocre win percentage. Check out here:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=teams&group=&order=&nav=0&race=2

to see all the FUMBBL Chaos teams in order of rank, and see Trog's DivX Cup-winning team, Anarchist Prime II here:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=14082

I also recommend you watch some of the better teams' replays to see how they play, especially in games which they won despite scoring few casualties. The replay tool is probably the single best way of learning how to play, next to playing yourself.
jtruhe

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2003 - 22:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I donno baout foulin on turn 8 second half, but delaying TDs is a good strategy for a team that has trouble running the ball.
deathgerbil

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2003 - 06:00 Reply with quote Back to top

its all a matter of preference. personally, i think that taking a chaos team and not bashing is making your team the equivilant of a crappy elf wanabe team. I think that every team has their own abilities, and i just find chaos to be one of the better bashing teams out there. Amazons have their dodging ability, elves have their speed, and most coaches will use their teams traits. i don't see why chaos should have to cripple themselves by not bashing. I don't see any elf teams out there not transforming each and every player they have into a blodger, or seeing amazons try to play like dwarves... Why not use your team to the fullest of its abilities?
BigBear

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2003 - 13:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Good Point DeathGerbil but as my team is a fresh one at the moment there bashing power is limited but as they progress I have begun to see that even if u dont want them to they WILL end being a bashey team Smile
TorinLastave

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2003 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

One small note, that there is a big difference between the 2 chaos types teams:

A strength team that takes some ball skills, lots of guard and sufficient hurting skills to make teams pay for trying to break their cage. This team intends to win 2-1 no matter how agile or fast its oppenent.

A slayer team whose only reason for existance to drive every opposing player off the pitch then hope against hope to have enough time to to score the winning or tying touchdown(s).

Both teams may have a problem getting games at higher team ratings, but the second type may get you, as a coach, on peoples do not play list.
deathgerbil

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2003 - 17:07 Reply with quote Back to top

you can easily do both torin. Sure, you don't have to make your entire team completely up of killers, but what is more effective? muscling through the enemy lines with every person you knocked down moving right up and getting in your face every turn. If you manage to get the ball through their defence, then you end up stalling for about 6 turns near the endzone, - which doesn't exactly endear you to people either. That tactic or simply taking them out of the game, so they CAN'T possibly steal the ball from you when you run down the field. It makes it much harder to break the cage, which will be made up of guarders like you suggested, and generally, you will get a whole lot more spps from this method than from scoring 2 times a game and stalling for the other 80%.
Mazzix

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2003 - 05:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I think Chaos can be a great team to play the ball and go for the run. I like to bash, but as a lot of ppl said, I dont like the idea of having a "slaying team" wich only aim is to kill opponent's teams. Means finding less games, and since I already hate to be turned down as a dwarf coach, imagine having a PO/RSC x4 coach!!! And I think Chaos can play very good and powerfull defense without having to kill their opponents. Their blitzers have a nice range, and power. Give them Tackle or/and strip ball, and then they can give a lot of trouble to the ball carrier with 4st blitzs.

Also, using foul appearance around a thrower can help a lot to prevent the passing game.

Question for common knowledge: does combination of Pass Block with Foul Appearance is good in order to use FA against the thrower, or does FA doesnt work after the PB move?

Its sure that it can be hard to defend against elves and one turners... but any team will have trouble with them.

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2003 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

With Chaos, it's a question of what you spend your doubles on; a Chaos team that loads up on Block, Guard, Mighty Blow and Tackle will still cause plenty of damage, but with all their doubles spent on things like FA, Big Hand and even Leap (with horns and +Ag - think about it!), they can shut down teams that they traditionally struggle against, namely teams that score in 2 turns (elves, basically). Chaos are potentially the most awesome defensive team in the game; I'd love to give them a try, if only I had the time.

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2003 - 14:57 Reply with quote Back to top

my first chaos team was mainly slayer... or an attempt... it was my first team around here.... it kinda sucked big time btw... eheheheh

well... now i have a ball controlling (mainly) kind of chaos team. I do bash and i bash a lot... but i usually don't take skills like RSC... personally i rather have claws than RSC. I rather break the AV every time i hit (so to speak) than killing my opponents player once if i manage to break his av (hard against high av teams)

Personally i find it hard to explain how to build a chaos team... it's a skill that u develop with time and trying the different combinations and by seeing other chaos teams in action. Sometimes i see other chaos teams or notice certain skills and i think "hmmmm... this would probably look nice on my CW or beastmen". Most ppl talk a lot about giving Big Hand on the 1st double to a Beastman I rather give it to a CW... they are harder to knock down. But it's also kinda harder to get a double on a CW since u have less CWs than beastmen. Anyway a thing u have to do A.S.A.P. in a chaos team is get a ball handler... big hand in anybody!!!!!

But mainly my point is: watch other chaos teams in play and try some things out... u can learn much that way... it's a hard path though.

here's the link for the my new chaos team if anybody wants:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=29062
 Jump to: