50 coaches online • Server time: 15:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Quilwood

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2003 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Congradulations to the lucky 16! You have almost made it to the Great Middle Mountain. The semi-finals will consist of 2 single elimination brachet format games for each player (well not the losers Wink ).

The games are as follows:

Christer vs. Sigellous----------------\
```````````````````````````Winners play for playoff spot\
Quilwood vs. Shlominus-------------/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ruxu vs. Vorner----------------------\
```````````````````````````Winners play for playoff spot/
R3 vs. C.J.-----------------------------/
=============================================
Evolve to Anarchism vs. Rednight \
```````````````````````````Winners play for playoff spot\
Barash vs. Perox ---------------------/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Moxy vs. Ugly Toy--------------------\
```````````````````````````Winners play for playoff spot/
Numenorean vs. Schlosser-Alt----/

You will have 2 weeks to complete the Semi-Finals. All rules from the playoffs will be used (ie...overtime, no out of tourny games...ect). In addition remember to click the Semi-Final option (this will improve the gate). Have fun and see you at the Middle Mountain!
Perox

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2003 - 15:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Supersweet! I played my debute match against those Wraith of Egypt Undead of Barash, it was an unlucky loss of 2-1.
I will be looking forward to my revenge, trashing their team with my uber-goblins!
Wee! Razz

Perox.
Korhil

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2003 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

And I still seam to be left out some how...
figures

---Korhil
Onveric

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2003 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Quil I kinda feel cheated out of a spot here according to the rules if both can't play then we both take a loss ie 4 points. Me and chappy were just busy at the wrong time him with moving and me with school work over this last week when we were suppose to play.

Even if we both miss that puts us both at 38 points or in the final tournament. If your going to change rules at the last minute you might want to let us know next time as I pretty sure we both thought this would be the case.

But lets take this a step further Chappy fullfilled his requirements of messaging me to try and find a time to play in week 3 and I wasn't able to find one so at the very least it should be a forfeit by me to him giving him 16 points. I don't think you should punish Chappy for something I wasn't able to play.

Onv

Last edited by Onveric on %b %10, %2003 - %18:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
Barash

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2003 - 17:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Perox wrote:
Supersweet! I played my debute match against those Wraith of Egypt Undead of Barash, it was an unlucky loss of 2-1.
I will be looking forward to my revenge, trashing their team with my uber-goblins!
Wee! Razz

Perox.

Weee, Gobs for Lunch! this will be fun! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Your Gobs outcasualtied my undead once Perox .. and only once! You better believe that! Twisted Evil
Sigellius

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2003 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

But I don't WANT to play Christer's walking corpses! :p

And, sure enough, in a hard-fought battl... er, match, Christer managed to scrape together a 0-3 win. I take comfort in the fact that I threw three times as many completions, though! Sole comfort... Smile
Perox

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2003 - 23:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Wee! United 2 (Perox)
Wraith of Egypt 3 (Barash)

Alas, the goblins will have to return to Mt. Gunbad now, with no prize, but they leave without casualties and with their head up. One of their opponents' Wights isn't so lucky.....

Wish you all a smashing tourney,
Perox.
Barash

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2003 - 00:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Perox wrote:
Wee! United 2 (Perox)
Wraith of Egypt 3 (Barash)

Alas, the goblins will have to return to Mt. Gunbad now, with no prize, but they leave without casualties and with their head up. One of their opponents' Wights isn't so lucky.....

Wish you all a smashing tourney,
Perox.

Indeed #3 Ankkaenre was killed by the spectators regenerate was not really working, actually it didn't do a thing for any undead player this game. No money to replace him as well. it will be hard to win the next round after these though gobbs... Terrifying Anarchists of Naggaroth or Ramesside Ravagers might prove to much, but we will stand and fight till we drop death again!
Chappy

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2003 - 00:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Quil I kinda feel cheated out of a spot here according to the rules if both can't play then we both take a loss ie 4 points. Me and chappy were just busy at the wrong time him with moving and me with school work over this last week when we were suppose to play.

Even if we both miss that puts us both at 38 points or in the final tournament. If your going to change rules at the last minute you might want to let us know next time as I pretty sure we both thought this would be the case.

But lets take this a step further Chappy fullfilled his requirements of messaging me to try and find a time to play in week 3 and I wasn't able to find one so at the very least it should be a forfeit by me to him giving him 16 points. I don't think you should punish Chappy for something I wasn't able to play

Yeah it was bad timing for the both of us. But that's alright that I'm out Quil. I'll just have to deal with this tragedy of justice!!..Smile. And thanks Onv for sticking up for me, I appreciate it!!
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2003 - 09:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Just updated the group ( http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=25 ) with the remaining members and unfortunately, I had to remove Perox too. Members of the Gobbo Liberation Front have alot to mourn these days.

As Always,

Evolve To Anarchism

http://sf.indymedia.org/uploads/price_of_oil.mp3
ruxu

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2003 - 09:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Da Kruntz(Ruxu) vs. Tofu Rats(vorner) 2 - 1

Match report: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=17793

Very exciting game, where Tofu Rats scored (like expected) in first couple turns, and it took some good luck (and bad too) for Kruntz to score on last turn of first half. Second half started with Tofu Rats fans invading the pitch and taking out some 5 players. Even tho that, Kruntz continued what they can do best, ie flying those skavens out to KO and injury box's. When Kruntz finally scored 2-1 on last turn of 2nd half (almost screwed that up too!) Tofu Rats had only 3 players on field.

Good game, and looking forward to my next opponent Smile

Seems like fans didn't like match tho, as DaKruntz did 2+ casualties, 2 td's and even in semi-final, and fanfactor went down :-/

Ruxu
r3

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2003 - 02:19 Reply with quote Back to top

[3] - Gutter Cheese (r3)
[4] - Hometown Rat Boys (C.J.)

Match report: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=18062

A brutal match, from the Cheese's standpoint. We lost 7 players to Casualties this game, including 1 RIP and 3 SIs. Suddenly, the Cheese looks like Evo's Anarchists. The match went to overtime, and after my attempt to steal a score failed early in the first half, I bet everything on getting the overtime kickoff. I didn't. The Rat Boys really took it to us in every respect, and hats off to them.
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2003 - 04:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Terrifying Anarchists of Naggaroth 2 Ramesside Ravagers 2.

The Anarchist's coach nearly made a costly mistake by scoring too quickly in the first half, because he had too much confindence in his defense. They got into position to cause an impressive turnover turn after turn this match but couldn't manage to get the ball away from the Ravagers. The Ravagers, pulled some clever plays out of their hat to score at the end of the first half. In the second half the pattern continued with Helen "Kill Her" providing daring assist after daring assist along the sidelines. The Ravagers coach decided to delay scoring to go ahead 3-2 for fear of the "unstoppable" Anarchist offense, instead hoping to score with little time left for the Anarchists to tie it back up. After yet another daring assist by Helen "Kill Her", Henry David Toro tackled the ball carrier stopping what looked like a sure score. The game went into overtime after a failed attempt to score an end to end TD, as Allbash Camus stumbled trying to get into better position to pass the ball to Alexander Lurkman who was double covered near the endzone. Regulation time ended tied at 2.

The Anarchists won the coin toss and the Ravagers' coach was almost conceding defeat. After a couple of turns scrambling trying to get a receiver open, Abbie Offman spotted Emma Holdmad wide open. Offman put the throw right on the money but the ball floated right through Holdmad's hands. The Ravagers picked up the loose ball and quickly tossed it down field. The Anarchists quickly swarmed the ball and knocked it loose. Alexander Lurkman picked up the ball and as time was running out ran towards an open Allbash Camus, who was standing right beside the goal line. Lurkman put the ball decisively in Camus hands but Camus was dreaming of the glory of a fantastic overtime winner and dropped the ball ending the game. The fans were so grateful for a chance to win the decisive cheer-off contest that they selected Allbash Camus the game's MVP.

Match Report: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=18099
Shorty

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2003 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

r3 covered just about everything. He failed to mention that his star gutter runner was completely unstoppable. My boys played a great game and, no matter how dominating their drives, they had no defense to speak of for the opposing touchdown machine.

At one point in the match, I thought his team had been battered well enough to attempt to stop the gutter runner. I instructed my team to set up an impenetrable wall well out of range of the opposing blockers. A fan apparently noticed my clever strategy and, one well-aimed rock throw later, the wall was breeched at perhaps the most perfect point. The match went tit for tat through regulation and we were able to score the winning touchdown by virtue of the overtime coin toss. The match could well have gone the other way and would've been very nearly as enjoyable a loss as a win. The teams played spectacularly and were both coached well. The fans definately got their money's worth in this one.

Excellent game, r3.

C. J.
Barash

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2003 - 11:39 Reply with quote Back to top

The ANARCHISTS Kicked me out of the playoffs. They needed two blitz moves, perfect defence and 190 point higher tr to do just that. Smile

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=18575