25 coaches online • Server time: 04:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What should be done about kill-first [B] teams that make killing their first priority, with scoring a distant second?
1) Nothing - it's a valid strategy
44%
 44%  [ 116 ]
2) Nothing yet - i'm not convinced it's a big deal
21%
 21%  [ 56 ]
3) Contain it - Tweak the scheduling formula and/or incent coaches to win
21%
 21%  [ 55 ]
4) Ban it - it's illegal
12%
 12%  [ 33 ]
Total Votes : 260

pac

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2008 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:
Well... in this case I take back the implied meaning.. even though it would be an extremely hard case for an admin to judge.

Why exactly? You accept the coach's word on RL reasons, and make a note. If over time you realise that 'guests' have been disrupting his games several times a month, often when his team was outmatched, you can consider taking action.
Melmoth

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2008 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted 1. Nothing its valid...
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2008 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Calcium wrote:
no argument against it? the blacklist was created to keep track of players you dont like to play against. It was not created to dodge the tough games.

blacklist solution = Bash dodging.

Not really.
I blacklist a coach, not his teams.
I will not dodge khemri in DivB. But I will dodge YOU, no matter if you coach khemri, humans, elves or flings...

("general use" of the word "you")

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2008 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
But I will dodge YOU, no matter if you coach khemri, humans, elves or flings...

("general use" of the word "you")

Phew. I panicked there for a moment!

*and remember Jan, there are plenty of coaches out there that would abuse this solution.

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2008 - 18:21
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
PeteW wrote:
with the current set up there is no way to reschedule for later

It is possible to reschedule for later. Your teams only become unscheduled when you request it from an admin so you can always ask your opponent if they would be ok with rescheduling the game, you can also continue to activate your other teams so neither of you would be locking yourselves out of the box - just that team.

It doesn't work that way any more. You must complete the scheduled game before the Blackbox will assign you another match.
PeteW

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2008 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Kryten wrote:
SillySod wrote:
PeteW wrote:
with the current set up there is no way to reschedule for later

It is possible to reschedule for later. Your teams only become unscheduled when you request it from an admin so you can always ask your opponent if they would be ok with rescheduling the game, you can also continue to activate your other teams so neither of you would be locking yourselves out of the box - just that team.

It doesn't work that way any more. You must complete the scheduled game before the Blackbox will assign you another match.

D'oh!

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2008 - 11:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Really? Sad

That really stinks if you have someone disconnects on you.... it gives you a choice between waiting (potentially for a whole week!) and being able to use the box. In other divisions its not nearly as bad as that - you just make another team and mess around with that for a while rather than being blocked from the division Confused

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2008 - 14:25 Reply with quote Back to top

just for the note, I copy what I wrote elsewhere since I consider this as the real thread about bashing:

Quote:
I have reached 5 games so far with pro elves.

What bugs me is the global BBR/BR rating per coach.

So far I played good teams. As I am at 4/0/1 and something like -10 in cas. That means that my BR is on a way up, my BBR down. Perfect, I will usually get a better variety of opponents and avoid team killers.

However, because there's a global BBR/BR system, I don't feel like:

-playing fun teams (vampires, gobbos...) because it could lower my BR thus modify my elves game choice.
-Playing strong teams as my BBR could go up.

Hence I kind of metagame by playing races with a certain profile.

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2008 - 15:43 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
What bugs me is the global BBR/BR rating per coach.

However, because there's a global BBR/BR system, I don't feel like:

-playing fun teams (vampires, gobbos...) because it could lower my BR thus modify my elves game choice.
-Playing strong teams as my BBR could go up.

sk8bcn, you may want to browse this thread that discusses BR/BBR by team rather than by coach, in case you haven't done so.

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2008 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
So far I played good teams. As I am at 4/0/1 and something like -10 in cas. That means that my BR is on a way up, my BBR down. Perfect, I will usually get a better variety of opponents and avoid team killers.

Eh, this isn't true at all. Low BBR does not mean you will avoid killer teams.
Koigokoro

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2008 - 17:41 Reply with quote Back to top

clarkin wrote:
sk8bcn wrote:

Eh, this isn't true at all. Low BBR does not mean you will avoid killer teams.

It just gives you easier matches in general if you have low BBR?
funnyfingers

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2008 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Clarkin, I think the comparison of BR to BBR is BBR = .3 BR. So BR makes much more of a difference than BBR.
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2008 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Blackbox is about unconditionally playing your assigned opponent. Why are people having problems with this?

Drawing an opponent that will try and hurt you instead of winning the game is a great blessing. You win the game! No matter what damage he causes, your next opponent will be the most even match up available...so who cares if you're ts is 240 or 75. Remember, all players are temperary...but wins are forever.

Calcium, I want Milk.

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2008 - 20:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I hate playing against people who foul and bash and generally beat up my guys rather than playing. but it is fluffy and it is an inherent part of the game. ever read the blood bowl novels? cheerful, pulp hackery and enjoyable read though they are, they keep very firmly to the BB world. in the series the Chaos All Stars win every game by killing all their opponents. TPK - Total 'Ponnent Kill. If you face have to play someone who thinks that is a viable strategy then them's the breaks.
The game is part of a story, that two people are telling. If you want to play against people who don't tell violent stories play in [U]
David88

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2008 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Well in all realism, that may very well be thew point for that coach. That may be the way he views as winning. The idea of being the first team to get all of your players off the pitch. You may not like his way of playing and he may not like yours. I don't really care what the coach plays as. You could throw all of your players out of bounds if it floats your boat. The point reamins, his idea of winning may not be the samew as yours. Ya you win in TD's but he wins in Cas's.
 Jump to: