42 coaches online • Server time: 16:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Forteza

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2008 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I have yet to play Blackbox, but I think the idea is really good. I have made an ord team (and we dont need another one of those) as the elfteams I have been speccing have been outbashed and smashed, much after the game was decided. The fouling contnued with only 1 point, to smash the elfs as much as possible. Of course you can play as you want, but I do think that many of the coaches who likes to bash, is really enjoying the chance to play more non bashy teams to get more squish sound effects! This is also perfectly understandable, however I for one do not want to start an agility team in black box because I hate rebuilding. So bashers in B division, if you want to see more of that tasty av7 around, smack them up untill the game is decided and then take a break, well.....here enters the lame av 9 orcs of mine (sigh)
clarkin

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2008 - 16:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Why not try undead? They can bash well and substitute regen for AV9 to last- but can still do some dodging and speed with 4x ghouls
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2008 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Because AV9+apo > AV8 and regen?

Plus orcs have way more ST access.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2008 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Forteza wrote:
I have yet to play Blackbox, but I think the idea is really good. I have made an ord team (and we dont need another one of those) as the elfteams I have been speccing have been outbashed and smashed, much after the game was decided. The fouling contnued with only 1 point, to smash the elfs as much as possible. Of course you can play as you want, but I do think that many of the coaches who likes to bash, is really enjoying the chance to play more non bashy teams to get more squish sound effects! This is also perfectly understandable, however I for one do not want to start an agility team in black box because I hate rebuilding. So bashers in B division, if you want to see more of that tasty av7 around, smack them up untill the game is decided and then take a break, well.....here enters the lame av 9 orcs of mine (sigh)

It's fun how the whole paragraph can be summed up in the age-old sentence "if you're not part of the solution, you are part of the problem".

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2008 - 16:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Nah... he rather wants to become part of the non-working solution... which is for him: Make orcs, but stop fouling/bashing when the game is over.
Calcium

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2008 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

More 'You need to play like this....' Just what FUMBBL needs. Rolling Eyes

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2008 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Elves: "The game is lost, you bloody freak. Why do you keep hitting us when we're down?"

Dorfs: "We like to hit. It helps us forget that we're short."

Elves: "It makes no sense. If you kill us, we'll be forced to retire. Let us go, and you can bash us again tomorrow."

Dorfs: "We're doing you a favor by culling the weak. If you want to live, run faster!"
Laughing

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2008 - 17:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Calcium it is not a thread telling anyone how to play, just my view of what happens if people play in just 1 certain way. In ranked I have played more than 500 games and only a very few times have I met people trying to destroy a team, but in B I have seen 2 (100% ok very weak to make a conclusion based on 2 games)games like that. Therefor I just gave my views of why I want a durable team i B. Then people can say, I dont give shit for knowing why he play that race, just my view of choosing a race for B.
arv9673

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2008 - 17:22 Reply with quote Back to top

For what it's worth, the challenge of rebuilding a team has been fun for me. Im a fairly n00b coach (esp here) and my Delfs were wasted their first game in the box (2SI, 1RIP), but it has been fun trying to get them back to fighting strength. Also i just made a Gobbo team for the box. Smile Not gonna join 'em, might as well make it q little interesting.

p.s. thank God you didn't make a Khemri team :/
clarkin

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2008 - 17:25 Reply with quote Back to top

My first suggestion assumed you were fairly new, based on just your post.
Having looked at your ranked teams I'd say you'd do very well in [B] with skaven or dark elves. Why not try them and see?
clarkin

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2008 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

arv9673 wrote:
Also i just made a Gobbo team for the box. Smile Not gonna join 'em, might as well make it q little interesting.

Goblins are great (fun) in [B]! There's less tackle in general, i've found. Don't forget to hire a few of their fun stars when you have spare cash and don't be afraid to put in the boot when you can!
Calcium

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2008 - 17:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Forteza wrote:
Calcium it is not a thread telling anyone how to play, just my view of what happens if people play in just 1 certain way. In ranked I have played more than 500 games and only a very few times have I met people trying to destroy a team, but in B I have seen 2 (100% ok very weak to make a conclusion based on 2 games)games like that. Therefor I just gave my views of why I want a durable team i B. Then people can say, I dont give shit for knowing why he play that race, just my view of choosing a race for B.

Wasn't pointing the finger at you mate, but everyone has the right to pay the way they see fit (within the rules). It's only natural that my way of playing is not someone else's etc...

For the record.

Playstyle : Win + Bash, whichever presents itself 1st!
blood : More the better
Foul every turn? : Every other turn probably!
Favourite teams : Human, Khemri
Hated teams : Dwarf, Orc (irrational hatred for these 2)
BB outlook : It's all about the coach. If I like + respect the coach, then the game will be great, regardless of the deaths/score etc. And I'm really trying hard to improve my own behaviour on here, which can sometimes be the internet equivalent of a toddler. I'm much better live with a pint of lager, honest!

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2008 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok

Last edited by Forteza on %b %17, %2008 - %17:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
Calcium

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2008 - 17:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Damn that's an old match report! Very Happy

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2008 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes hehe so we should play again soon
 Jump to: