28 coaches online • Server time: 09:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post Dodge
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
jimjo

Post 4 Posted: Dec 23, 2008 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

There are soo many bash teams that it is hard to play vs anything else.

How high the percentage is i dont know. I expect around 80% Orc Chaos CD Khemrie here in the BB.

Because of that a lot of people already have left the BB.

And im sure a lot will do.

Therefore we need some agreements/rules over race diversity.

Like:
Per coatch per bash team (cadegory A+B) one non bash team C+D+E).
These are E.L.F.Group cadegorys

(NOTE: Sry, I am bad with spelling)
Sweet-Zombie-Jesus

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2008 - 15:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Some will say that this is restricting and really defeats the purpose of [B]. but if bashers constantly bash people until they are worse then when they began then there will be and elven dominance in the <100 TS Razz
On a serious note, as much as I would like to see people widening their racial diversities, I don't see forcing it upon them working. I for one have recently gone from a mainly Skaven (TT) and Norse game, to liking Ogres and stunty teams. If people tried different races they may have a balancing, but forcing it won't work.

(Apologies for the horrible structure of this post, it is late and I am slightly insane ATM)

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2008 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I really really agree with jimjo would be cool if there was categorys in b
Ehlers

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2008 - 15:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Just learn to bash with Elves, yes they can do it.
Play harder and dirtier with them.
When you have got your 2guards, then begin to full your team with MB. Just pray to nuffle he will reward you.
When your team get mangled, start over and build to destroy those bash teams again.

True that there might be too many bash teams. Have played against some Khemri player that though Cas as the factor for winning a game. LAME IMO. But such lamers are sadly allowed to play games. And no I dont like a rule enforcement that you have to play such teams.
It is not the team attitude (khemri & ogre should get the kick IMO), but more the coach attitude towards the game that I find a problem with. Even khemri coaches can be nice people and play nice, not meaning fouling your whole team out of the field even when he has won the match.
duttydave

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2008 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure that these categories would work.

It has been suggested that some coaches appear to have 'fall guy' teams in [B] which get poor results so that their favoured teams get easier games.

The coaches that want to will play around the system.
Eddy

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2008 - 15:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think the problem is "too many bashy teams". I believe this is only one of the consequences of another problem, which is TS in relation to the way the scheduler matches teams. If so many people play bashers, then i suggest it might be that bashers are clearly undervalued. I've always been amazed at the low TS of an Orc team, and a Khemri team with MB on the blitzers and DP on the linos is probably undercosted, too.

But if there is available data that shows that bashers don't do better than the rest, then maybe it's just biased perception. When i look at the teams played by my WEs, though, i cry =P

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2008 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Eddy wrote:
I don't think the problem is "too many bashy teams". I believe this is only one of the consequences of another problem, which is TS in relation to the way the scheduler matches teams. If so many people play bashers, then i suggest it might be that bashers are clearly undervalued. I've always been amazed at the low TS of an Orc team, and a Khemri team with MB on the blitzers and DP on the linos is probably undercosted, too.

But if there is available data that shows that bashers don't do better than the rest, then maybe it's just biased perception. When i look at the teams played by my WEs, though, i cry =P

I agree with you that the scheduler should be adjusted, and I think the decisive point is that most coaches have decided to play bashy teams. There's a reason for it. There are some individual preferences there, but if you look at the aggregate data I think it would paint a pretty compelling case.

My personal experience is similar. I experimented with Zons, Dark Elves and even Undead, but in the end preferred the consistency of Dorfs.

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2008 - 15:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Bah! Playing bashers is a guilt free cherrypick.

Why do you want to take my wins away from me Wink

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2008 - 15:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I managed to play 47 games with Goblins ( !! ) before i had to retire them. I played vs a lot of bashing teams, so i decided to make one too. Like Eddy said, a TS revision should be the solution.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2008 - 17:01 Reply with quote Back to top

So far, I haven't got the feeling to be playing unfair games. However, I am onto a dorf-dorf-khem streak.

I didn't suffer (even I play pro elves) though I ended 1/1/1 in this streak (I felt unlucky though. I would have expected something better).

However if that's the diversity I'll get in the blackbox, it sucks. Sure, I wanna play bashers but not only that!

(which means that I neither agree with Ehlers, nor Eddy)

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2008 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't see where you don't agree with my earlier post, sk8bcn. Can you clarifiy, please?

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2008 - 07:51 Reply with quote Back to top

As Eddy, I either dont see why you dont agree with me.
Is it because you want to elfball with an elf team?
I had say you can still elfball with your elf team along with bashing the other opponent. Do your two turn TD and then prevent him from making any TDs.
Igaborn

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2008 - 09:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I am just wondering has anyone considered rather then trying to force people to play non-bashing teams to give them a reason to do so, normally a league would be shorter so a non-bashing team might have to retire after 30 games but if the league was only 25 games not a problem, why not give them more FF or starting cash or something keep up'ing it until the balance is restored and we have a good mix of teams (which it should restore fairly quickly once people learn how to play non-bashing teams well)

I'm a very much a newbie so forgive me if this is the dumbest idea of all time Smile
Pirog

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2008 - 13:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Bashy races really isn't the problem, it's people tooling those bashy teams up to deal maximum damage and not much else that is a problem.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2008 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Although Blackbox did start out with many more bashy teams (as they were unable to get quick games in Ranked), I think more non-bashy teams are making it into the division.

But, if the division is mainly bashers, then it's an ideal enviroment for agile teams, as the bashers are geared up for facing each other.

So just make an agile team, with a few blodgers, some AG4 and some nice MA and watch those bashers struggle to tie up your players!
 Jump to: