66 coaches online • Server time: 22:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Have you noticed what I am talking about?
Yes and it's driving me nuts too - there's something squirrely going on with the matchups.
32%
 32%  [ 17 ]
Yes, but it doesn't bother me.
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
Yes, but it eventually it "normalizes" after lots of games.
11%
 11%  [ 6 ]
No, I hadn't noticed - doesn't happen to me...
50%
 50%  [ 26 ]
Total Votes : 52

Ansbach

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2008 - 03:05 Reply with quote Back to top

UPDATED FOR TRUTHINESS: Over half of you say you are experiencing the same problem. Many of you are probably activating with the same team every time like I was. The problem completely went away when I was informed of this feature and started using it:

Christer wrote:
- "Preferred team" feature for coaches to increase the probability of a particular team of theirs to be scheduled. The preferred team is the one you click on to activate.

Original Post:
Has anyone else notice that it is really hard to get new or low TS teams going because your higher TS team(s) always gets randomly picked instead?

I have definitely noticed this, although I haven't played a ton of games in the Box.

My first team was a Lizardman team that wound up getting 12 games to my other two teams 2 games. I finally retired them out of boredom just so I could play my other teams. I made a third team again and after a balanced first few games my Khmeri team has now been selected 8 times while my other two teams have been selected 2 and 0 times, respectively. I have a RL friend who has experienced the same thing - his higher TS team has been selected 13 times to 5 on his lower TS team.

I know there are more higher TS teams so those matchups would be more likely, but the frequency still seems out of whack. Every time I look at the Games list there are plenty of low and new TS teams playing.

It's getting a bit frustrating playing with the same team every single time...

Last edited by Ansbach on %b %03, %2009 - %06:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
Ash

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2008 - 11:20 Reply with quote Back to top

In my last 5 games, 4 where with my team with the bigger TR/TS and it s the team I want to play the less as I want to build up the others. A bit annoying...

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2008 - 11:53 Reply with quote Back to top

It was actually the other way around at the beginning.

In all honesty I think it's very logical that once the division got going and the percentage of rookie teams dropped accordingly you would get your higher TS teams picked more often.

Seems like a simple matter of proportions to me.

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2008 - 12:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Have/had the same problems. Started with 3 rookie teams (Orcs, Humans and Pro Elves). Pro Elves got their first game in the 20th activation...

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2008 - 12:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:
It was actually the other way around at the beginning.

In all honesty I think it's very logical that once the division got going and the percentage of rookie teams dropped accordingly you would get your higher TS teams picked more often.

Seems like a simple matter of proportions to me.

Agreed, they go through stages if you ask me, sometimes you play only high TS, other times they can't get a game.

It may have something to do with the time of day you play, and who is on then.

Consider this - If you only had one TS range of teams then maybe you wouldn't get a game at all.
Jester_Spirit

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2008 - 13:33 Reply with quote Back to top

The problem is that most coaches create only one team for the box, so that these teams build up relatively fast.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2008 - 14:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Remeber that the link you click on has a bonus for beeing the team selected in the matchup

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2008 - 15:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I think this is largely a function of what teams other coaches bring to the box on a given round.

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2008 - 03:43 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
Remeber that the link you click on has a bonus for beeing the team selected in the matchup

Really???
pythrr

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2008 - 03:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Jester_Spirit wrote:
The problem is that most lame coaches create only one team for the box, so that these teams build up relatively fast.

edited for truth[/i]
DonTomaso

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2008 - 05:12 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:

Was this implemented or just planned?

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2008 - 06:25 Reply with quote Back to top

DonTomaso wrote:
sk8bcn wrote:

Was this implemented or just planned?

implemented
Kraark

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2008 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
Jester_Spirit wrote:
The problem is that most lame coaches create only one team for the box, so that these teams build up relatively fast.

edited for truth[/i]

Yeah, everyone should be like you Pythrr. Fumbbl, Monarchy of Pythrr.
Ash

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2008 - 13:05 Reply with quote Back to top

my DE got 6 or my 8 last games now...

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2008 - 13:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Ansbach wrote:
Has anyone else notice that it is really hard to get new or low TS teams going because your higher TS team(s) always gets randomly picked instead?

It's not so much that teams with low TS don't get picked, it's that if you have a number of your teams in the Box, the ones that correspond best to the other teams in the Box are more likely to get picked. For instance, if you have a 100/75 Ogre team and a 120/115 anything team, the latter is more likely to fit into the match structure that the Box scheduler designs.

This will most certainly occur at a very high TS as well.

Become like any other sport, a battleground...”

—Benny Andersson & Björn Ulvaeus, Chess
 Jump to: