30 coaches online • Server time: 03:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do you want to see the GLN return?
Yes, ASAP, the community needs it.
86%
 86%  [ 114 ]
Im neutral to the whole GLN concept.
12%
 12%  [ 16 ]
I see no need for such fripparies. let the GLN rot
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 132

PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2008 - 17:16
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I miss the GLN:
http://fumbbl.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=13&page=1
Do you? If you hve nevver read it you should, because you are missing out. Now i am very biased as i was a contributor to later issues, but i was also a keen reader.

I think it needs a new editor. From my own experience contributing it needs to be someone that doesnt mind doing the grunt work of HTML tag adding, and pressing people for promised contributions.

But it was fun. Had all sorts in it, and i felt really added to the community.

I cant even imagine that it required much if any work from Christer, surely an 'editorial board' to approve copy could be found from the admin/moderator team, as thats pretty much what moderators do now.

So, vote in me poll and prove to Christer that he needs to appoint an editor, then also some poor schmuck needs to put themselves forward. Maybe thats all Big C is waiting on.

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2008 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

totaly agree with you about the GLN needing reviving as it was always very cool for building the comunity.

There were a few peopel puting themselves down for it here: http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=14742&highlight=
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=blog&coach=76090&op=viewcomments&id=5085 but i guess its up to christer who he wants running it (if he wants it back up at all).

after teh past revival attepmts i think its important to have a big enough and strong enough team who will work together to ensure that it actualy happens.

Id be happy enough to contribute stuff if it was wanted. i had an article or two i was working on before that i never got round to finnishing.

Edit... reading back through that post i think its a good idea if i dont submit myself for the position of spelling and grammer checker Very Happy

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2008 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

but on the other Hand it would bring back some Fun for the readers!
/me votes PaulHicks for president!
westerner

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2008 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Sure! GLN was before my time but I think it would be neat to have a community newspaper.

Linking to last page of prior thread, a number of people volunteered.

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2008 - 19:23
FUMBBL Staff

yes. Lots of people did, and would contribute.

So where is it?

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2008 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Earlier this year me and Dreadclaw tried to get the GLN going again. We were blocked by ... a certain staff member, who shall remain nameless, who wanted to retain total editorial control. Now that that admin is gone (I hope I haven't given anything away there), I'm sure that any editorial team willing to take it over would be well received by Christer et al. Cool
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2008 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

did that admin ever actualy get an issue out?

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2008 - 20:28 Reply with quote Back to top

as I said in other threads about the subject I would not mind contribuating with graphics.

I have a little expirence with the like of gln from running the TNT.

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
pac

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2008 - 21:49 Reply with quote Back to top

paulhicks wrote:
did that admin ever actualy get an issue out?

There were issues while that admin was involved, but none, I think, while that admin insisted on full control.
Ehlers

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2008 - 03:52 Reply with quote Back to top

paulhicks wrote:
Edit... reading back through that post i think its a good idea if i dont submit myself for the position of spelling and grammer checker Very Happy

Paulhicks my fellow study members love my spelling and grammar, actually they laught through the whole editing process, although our topic was damn borring. So from my point of view, just go aheard.

And need to find my Nurgle Rotter article for GLN
Astarael

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2008 - 04:58 Reply with quote Back to top

pac wrote:
Earlier this year me and Dreadclaw tried to get the GLN going again. We were blocked by ... a certain staff member, who shall remain nameless, who wanted to retain total editorial control. Now that that admin is gone (I hope I haven't given anything away there), I'm sure that any editorial team willing to take it over would be well received by Christer et al. Cool

Same admin killed TNT by pushing Malthor out. I was heavily involved in TNT and saw it all happen, pretty much similar, trying to take power then not being in control of it enough to keep it going. I liked working on TNT, though this was largely as Malthor was really easy to work for.

I belive TNT is still struggling on (I've not worked for it since Malthor left) though it is a mere shade of it's former self.

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2008 - 05:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I put my hand up for it and would be more then glad to contribute/help in anyway I can. Reading through it, it was fun, had good bit and it gives people something to read. Should I PM Christer about it to try and get a yes or no for it?

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2008 - 13:50
FUMBBL Staff

Well someone should, thats sort of the real point of this thread, that the poll encourage some time heavy person to put themselves forward as editor.

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2009 - 06:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I would be happy to contribute fluff, the likes of which has been seen in past editions. I love writing fluff. Best find someone else for strategy advice though. Very Happy

Also I think it would be a good idea to reduce the number of issues to 4 a year or once every 3 months. This would reduce the strain on the editor, contributers and make it more sustainable in the long run. A small number of issues each year is better than none at all.

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2009 - 07:01 Reply with quote Back to top

He didn't reply..... Still one must continue. I am trying to take the reigns for myself now and I would love all the help I can get. Not to sound overly pompous but I think I might just gather all I can and make a mock one. If anyone could PM anything they have to me please, It would be much appreciated. I will see what I can do Very Happy