72 coaches online • Server time: 21:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
How would you like activate preference to work?
Increased preference value & add an option for no preference.
45%
 45%  [ 38 ]
Leave preference as is & add an option for no preference
22%
 22%  [ 19 ]
Remove preference all together - value all teams equally.
7%
 7%  [ 6 ]
Leave it as it is.
24%
 24%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 83

karix

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2009 - 06:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Just played 3 black box games where my preferred team and another team are similar TR/TS. The preferred team would've been a fair match up still for each game, but the non-preferred was chosen.

I'd like to suggest that the team you Activate with has a stronger preference in the match up than it currently does, but also to offset this - We need an option to activate without preference.

Your feed back is appreciated Very Happy
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2009 - 06:37 Reply with quote Back to top

meh, u are forgetting racial modifiers

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2009 - 07:50 Reply with quote Back to top

"We need an option to activate without preference. "

already figured that out... http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=15122
karix

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2009 - 08:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Even with racial mods.. I'd still like to actually get a game with my preferred team a little more often.
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2009 - 10:13 Reply with quote Back to top

It would really help if you would post the scheduler result and the TS/race of your activated team.

What probably happend:
Your other team was just a better match dispite the non-preferred malus for a team that got scheduled first. Plus you don`t know, if the other team that had same TS/TR than your preferred team was coached by a coach of similar ability.
karix

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2009 - 11:21 Reply with quote Back to top

The time that stood out the most was...

Leperflesh vs karix (Dwarf 110/107 vs 129/110 Chaos Dwarf) @797
Opponent: Dwarfs - Played 1 game, bought an apo has 1 slayer and all other positionals with 3 RR
Team that got in: Bull with block, CD with guard, CD with SF, MNG hobgob and a bunch of cash in the bank
Preferred: 113/117 Undead

I can't remembered the others stats exactly but they were against orcs and then amazons - and the CDs got in every time. In fact the amazons were 138/128 and the cds at that point were 119/108.

They maintained close TR/TS because the CDs kept getting deaths and retired niggles etc

Keep in mind I'm not complaining they were unfair matches - and I had fun in all of them to be honest. But I would've preferred a game with the Undead oh well.
krytie

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2009 - 11:27 Reply with quote Back to top

107TS v 110TS isn't much of a mismatch :p In fact, ur preferred 117TS undead is a full 10TS up on this oppo.

However, i do concede that the box throws up some annoying choices at times
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=2423604
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=2428428
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=2473754
I apologise for not having the scheduler data recorded. From recollection, the first two were decent (900+) and the 3rd was below 800.

For all these games i also had a 116/107 Norse team available (who have played only one game since i created the zons, and a rookie ogre team, who are still rookies, having been unable to find a single matchup.

EDIT: added links to games.

Last edited by krytie on %b %03, %2009 - %11:%Jan; edited 3 times in total
Calcium

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2009 - 11:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Respect is due for your team choices....you've avoided playing Orcs!

I think that tweaking the scheduler so your clicked team is almost guaranteed a game could be a bad thing. Personally I don't know if I could not constantly click my Khemri in favour of my humans. I would probably want to play humans mabye every 1 in 10 games to give them a run out Wink

I personally quite like the way it works at the moment.

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2009 - 11:41 Reply with quote Back to top

As an afterthought, it might be nice if the bot would give minor preferential treatment to your least-played team. In doing so, this would also boost the choice at mid-range, opening up more variety in games, and would ensure you don't just get one team picked all the time. Lets face it - any team you don't want to play with can be retired, although i also agree that there are times you just don't feel like another game with a battered team.

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2009 - 11:54 Reply with quote Back to top

krytie wrote:
107TS v 110TS isn't much of a mismatch :p In fact, ur preferred 117TS undead is a full 10TS up on this oppo.

Your right 3TS isn't a mismatch. But he got 'I am the greatest' as the handicap, meaning either my block bull centaur or guard CD had to be off reducing the TS by at least 12 and reducing me below 11 players. Of course if he got palmed coin.. then the entire game wouldve a cake walk for me.

Probably would've been fairer on the opponent if it was my undead to be honest.

But not the point.. I'd just like it if the preferred team got enough weight to tip it in its favour on close calls like that one. Even if it meant I had to play against a stronger team
Ash

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2009 - 12:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I want totaly the opposite...

I want the team I use to activate to NOT BE choosen...

So I can ignore a team for a while Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2009 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd love it if the scheduler always preferred my gobbos getting a game Very Happy
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2009 - 13:01 Reply with quote Back to top

The problem is, that you cannot really judge the quality of a matchup, because you lack information. You don`t have access to BR, which has a HUGE influence on the matchmaking.
karix

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2009 - 15:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I can judge the quality because I know it wouldve been a better match up as a person looking for a reasonable even match with the team I prefer. Irrelevant of the quality of the match up, it would be good if say your preferred team assumed you had the same BR as your opponent for its maths.. thus eleminating that feature perhaps? But obeying the other balances (TS,Racial etc etc)
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2009 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Karix:

-first you are too much self centered. There are 3 methods of match making, and the system picks up wich one has the best match ups, for all the coaches involved. So you may not have the best match but the participant have one among the fairest.

-Second: handicaps are 5TS worth. All. The handicap rolled can't be known before so it's a matter of luck. I remember we (the community) whinged about handicap disabbled but now that the game runs, I think it would have been a smart move.