43 coaches online • Server time: 13:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
johan

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2009 - 16:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Flix didn't get 78% at his current BR level. He did it throughout his Black Box career, which obviously started at the baseline and then moved upwards. And I doubt that many coaches have yet reached their full potential BR either - that probably takes a fair amount of matches. This is just guesswork, however, since we don't know how BR is calculated.

Become like any other sport, a battleground...”

—Benny Andersson & Björn Ulvaeus, Chess
westerner

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2009 - 16:50 Reply with quote Back to top

That is true. It would be worth looking at win% next to average TS difference to see how the two are correlated.

I've been told (by someone who reportedly heard it from Christer) that BR works the same as CR.

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2009 - 19:47 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
PurpleChest wrote:
westerner wrote:
TS disadvantage can be considered a badge of pride in the Box. Smile If it happens consistently it means you're a strong coach.

and often means you will be coming back to [R].

But as more coaches gain high BR is should be safe for you high BR (I assume) guys to return to [B] Wink

Unfortunately this does not work as well as it could, since the scheduler does not consider an even match against a close BR opponent intrinsically better that an uneven match against a wildly different BR opponent. Ideally we would want a scheduler where matches that are close in both TS and BR are preferred to everything else.
johan

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2009 - 00:22 Reply with quote Back to top

westerner wrote:
I think there's very few cases of consistent -10 to -15TS matches. Almost all reported cases of TS-disadvantage I've looked at have averaged out to less than 5TS.

On my last seven matches, I've clocked in at -14, -12, -6, -8, -7, -8, -14 (all counting handicaps). So that's a -10 average lately.

Become like any other sport, a battleground...”

—Benny Andersson & Björn Ulvaeus, Chess
westerner

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2009 - 00:34 Reply with quote Back to top

But if I look at your last 10 matches, which is the sample I've been using for other reported cases, I get an average of -8.8TS and +0.5 handis, which is -6.3TS total. EDIT: which is more than 5TS. Thanks for raising.

-19/1 vs easilyamused W
7/-3 W
-22/3 W
2/-2 W
-11/1 L
-32/4 W
-4/-2 W
8/0 W
-6/0 D
-11/3 W vs hermano_p