20 coaches online • Server time: 05:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...goto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Sinstrider

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2009 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey you all.

This site is great. I wish I'd known about it sooner Very Happy

I've thought about a new Chaos-Team. I've read that Minotaurs are bad in terms of efficiency, but I think they look cool.

I've been thinking about centering my team around a Minotaur with 2 CWs and the rest beastmen, with 2 or 3 rerolls.
But that will make my Fan Factor suffer.

I've read up on the help section about the pros and cons of Fan Factor, but what do you guys (experienced players) think?
Aecrylis

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2009 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a few times gone with 1 minotaur and 10 beastmen for starting.. then adding Chaos Warriors as I got along Smile

but then.. that was mostly for Fluff Very Happy The real beast team!
bicarbonateofsteve

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2009 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

always use a troll or ogre, minotaurs die too easily...
torsoboy

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2009 - 14:57 Reply with quote Back to top

You will want to get 4 CWs eventually. The minotaur isn't optimal, but then again it's your team and you should do what you think is cool.

Variation 3 is the one I like the most, personally. The troll serves as a punching bag, keeping the rest of the team alive. The main weakness with any starting Chaos team is the lack of players with the Block skill. You can counteract it by starting with as many rerolls as possible.

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2009 - 14:58 Reply with quote Back to top

if you want to win the first couple of games you can have a low fan factor but its almost always worth using high, it means you get the money to buy those warriors and replace injured beastmen, high FF easily...
SillySod

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2009 - 14:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I like minotaurs in starting teams for every race that can take them, they are a great buy for 110k as long as you keep using them for 3D blitzes. With Chaos I think you can afford to let your FF suffer a little, certainly when you're starting the team... quite often you can end up with too many players and not enough skills. Go for the 2RR version of your setup and you should do just fine although you'll want to grab an apothecary and an extra player as quickly as possible.

7FF is still a reasonable starting fanfactor.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
spubbbba

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2009 - 15:01 Reply with quote Back to top

bicarbonateofsteve wrote:
if you want to win the first couple of games you can have a low fan factor but its almost always worth using high, it means you get the money to buy those warriors and replace injured beastmen, high FF easily...

Also a lot of people equate Chaos as a really nasty team at ALL TR's when they are quite weak to start off with and certainly not in the same league as Orcs, Dorfs of undead. So low FF will make it hard to get games in open play.

And your players and re-rolls are expensive so cash is always good.

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2009 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Ask yourself these 2 questions...
1) Do I want my Minotaur on the LOS as a Blocker?
Or
2) Do I want to use it as a Giant Blitzer?

If you want to use it on the LOS then it will probably be RIP in 5 games or less.
It being such a threat to RIP opponents makes anybody consider gangfouling it a priority.
And AV8 doesn't last long against those tactics.
All my dead Mino's died on the LOS.

An Ogre or a Troll would be much better playing on the LOS.
Better AV... and the Mino's HORNS are wasted if it can't Blitz.
Due to this I think you are better off with either more Rerolls or another Chaos Warrior.
Both are more reliable for your team in the long run.
Skill up a few Chaos Warrior's and Beastmen and then buy your Mino somewhere between game 7-12.

But that's just my advice... do what you'll have fun doing.
 Jump to: