10 coaches online • Server time: 05:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2003 - 23:38 Reply with quote Back to top

32 is a ton of teams.. i know.. I run a league with 38....

If this is your first tourny and yer relatively new.. aint nuthin wrong with a small tourny...

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2003 - 15:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Thx, I know Smile But this touney is destined for32 teams. If we end up sixteen when the homepage isup some time next week, welljust start... Smile

Ans Im not newto fumbbl...I play in real lifetoo as acommish, so i think i can manage 32. Wink

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2003 - 16:52 Reply with quote Back to top

mmh, might just be the place for da mighty pointy hat boyz to win cash and kick some ass Wink

When is kick off btw or will that be when there seems to be enough players?
Clementus

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2003 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I reckon I can make a team, now to decide who, how and why <coughs> Ok why is sorted, now the others. Be back soon Razz.

Well if theres one Ogre team? Then I will go for it, never played the beasts before, No pro could be fun. If you dont want me to be ogres gimme a call.

Flings Rule!
PhilMan

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2003 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

i think you might need a bit more advertisement, and maybe a more catchy name, maybe posting an article on the main news page advertising for new members for the OFL, 32 members may be a bit too ambitious too, maybe do a first season of 16 members, then, once youvegot publicity and good reports from that you can start looking for new mambers to bolster your league. at the current rate of membership its gonna take ages to get 32 members. try advertising on the news page, then if membership is too slow, try cuting down the size of the league, thats my advice.

"Best Bar in This Street"
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2003 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Quality members more important than numbers anyway

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2003 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

yeh 32 is abit abitious, post a link on main news page, or just spam chat under a hidden name lol I cant wait though its going to be really enjoyable writing match reports and the like, i aint really done it much before so this be kool!
Clementus

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2003 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Someone just needs to put a news report on the subject. Bunny? go for it, hehe, you good at harassing people. <grins>

Flings Rule!
Animal2020

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2003 - 02:52 Reply with quote Back to top

i would like to join if first ya tell me two things??

what is gmt time?? and where can i find a map of the old world so i can see some places to base my team out of??

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2003 - 11:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Animal2020 wrote:
i would like to join if first ya tell me two things??

what is gmt time?? and where can i find a map of the old world so i can see some places to base my team out of??

Fair questions Wink
Let's hope Niiv will include some background info and fluff on the website.

GMT time is the zone close to England (the precise place is a city in Great Britain), so GMT+1 is the time zone in middle europe - Denmark/Scandinavia, Germany, italy and so on.

The Old World is part of the Known World central to the Warhammer game (red.: Warhammer rpg), comprises Albion, The Empire, The Wasteland, Norsca, Brettonia, Tilea, Kislev, Border Princes and the Badlands. Analagous to Europe in the Middle Ages. The world is used in both GW WHFB and Warhammer rpg (well almost, pls correct me if totally wrong Wink)

http://www.warhammer.net/Oldworld/ <-- pretty good guide

http://www.ourlair.com/slayer/map.htm : The Old World and lands around (which also explains a little of why Ulthuan/lizards isn't in the league.)

Try a google picture search on 'Old World map/warhammer/rpg' for more maps and stuff Very Happy
Niiv

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2003 - 14:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Thx for keeping an eye on things guys...and nice with som feedback. We'll go with 16 teams. So the league will kick-off when we are 16. Ive denied a lot of teams cos they had stupid names or the like of it (fx using reallife citynames or not being in the "spirit of NFL" - even ogres can figure out a teamname like the Oldheim Ogres fx...). PS If you've been rejected try again! but try to read the criteria.

To Doowa: I will very cencirely try to create fluff on the website. I plan on having the following FLUFF-categories: Background on the OFL, background on the Conferences, divisions, the teams, the awards and some battlereports + stats'n'standings of course...

The reason why the OFL has got such an un-sparkling name is that it is supposed to become fluffy when it starts...The general idea of having "ordinary" names too, is that players fx can become legends in a lot more "realistic" or RP-like way...Or at least i hope so...the OFL is of course supposed to run over an infinite time-span...

I like quality members too Smile

could someone make an advert - I dont know how to?? the web url will be www.geocities.oldworldfl.com, but it wont be running until mid-december cos I gotta finish my uni-project.

cya and thx for joining

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2003 - 14:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Niiv wrote:
To Doowa: I will very cencirely try to create fluff on the website. I plan on having the following FLUFF-categories: Background on the OFL, background on the Conferences, divisions, the teams, the awards and some battlereports + stats'n'standings of course...

I'm in no doubt you will Wink
Niiv

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2003 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

A small question: Does anyone have a proper suggestion for the renaming of Pizza Hut to something Oldworldly?

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2003 - 00:32 Reply with quote Back to top

ahh well thank you very much for your answers but after seeing the time difference i am afraid i must decline. for i am in eastern united states. so getting games would be very hard for me on your time table . but thank you anyway for your responce

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2003 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Niiv wrote:
A small question: Does anyone have a proper suggestion for the renaming of Pizza Hut to something Oldworldly?

errr,

'The Shack of Tomato- Bread'
'Town House of Tilia'

i may think of some more later

also, GMT stansa for Grenitch Meidian Time, and is the time around the UK, Grenitch is an area in London, im not sure why time is measured exactly from Grenwitch, i think its somthing to do with it being the centre of the economic world at the point at which the time zones were set up or somthing, Portugal, and i think Iceland also run on GMT, central Euroupe(France, Germany, Spain, etc) all run on GMT+1, as does sweden, im not sure about the rest of scandenavia
 Jump to: