40 coaches online • Server time: 14:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
2003 Rules Review
Not Crappy!
28%
 28%  [ 51 ]
Wait and See 'tude.
44%
 44%  [ 81 ]
Crappy!
27%
 27%  [ 49 ]
Total Votes : 181

Mordachai

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2003 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Boohoo... they don't need a big guy. I wouldn't mind seeing amazons with one though... hehe.

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2003 - 22:50 Reply with quote Back to top

the unicorn for zons was great.... if somewhat broken!
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2003 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Revener wrote:

And Khemri are still allowed 4 Mummies and 2 Blitzers with ST skills.... BAH!!!!!

Two words. Ag 2.

The Finishing Touch
Sionis

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2003 - 23:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Only 2 wights for the necromatic team... bunch of crap if you ask me.
UrienRakarth

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2003 - 23:39 Reply with quote Back to top

But khemri is a bashy team, they don't need to take the ball! Smile
Lazerus101

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2003 - 23:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Ive never understood werewolves not having regen.... Suddenly all BB players wear silver gauntlets???
boobis

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2003 - 00:03 Reply with quote Back to top

What about the, in my mind, funny wording on wild animals moving first? Do they have to or not?
Zhluhur

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2003 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

you don't? Very Happy

My elve-team in DivX ist changed automaticly from leap to NOS. I did not have a player with that skill before, so I don't know what would have happened
with it.

Khemri are not that good anymore because Piling on changed. 4 Mummies with PO and MB was too good in the old rules.

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2003 - 00:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr-Klipp wrote:
Revener wrote:

And Khemri are still allowed 4 Mummies and 2 Blitzers with ST skills.... BAH!!!!!

Two words. Ag 2.

Two words. Team wrecking.

Most of the teams I ever had would (A) Win a game vs Khemri unless they had kickass injury rolls early on and (B) Pay for the win with permanent injuries.

Khemri might be fun to play, but it's not really fun to play *against*.
It might be an easy win, but the cost is too high.
Petter

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2003 - 00:50 Reply with quote Back to top

It's also rather discouraging to the the RC find WA in more need of change than RSC. I might have misunderstood their rather blurry wording, but it appears WA are now not worth the money. Unless they will lower their cost by 50% or more?

It's not like playing with a WA was an easy game as it were. Maybe they're removing the Big Guy trait from the WA as well? Not that it would make any sense whatsoever.
Mazzix

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2003 - 01:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the wight rule isnt good. Seems a bit unfair for them, but im not sure, never played Necro's.

Pilling On, I never used it, I think it can be good. It was obviously too abusive before...

WA... Wa... wa... well, I dont like the new WA rule, but its an intelligent one anyway. WA's were sure to move each turn, only that they moved first and were dangerous. Bu keeping them behind was meaning not suffering a disadvantage but a good advantage to blitz out of the field the opponent. I think its not that bad... but only time will tell and i'll need a lot of proofs!!!

Finally, I dont see anyone talking about it but... Flings no longer has the ogres... Flings with rooted trees will really suffer. If there is one race that lose with those changes, its the Flings. At least, they could have changed the Take Root rule...

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2003 - 01:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Are you kidding. Wild animals just became useful! No more mino traps...

They are still one of the only big guys that can throw a block without having to roll first. They will have to be used differently now, thats all. No longer useful for blitzing (because of the 50% chance it wont work), but very useful as a front line troop where he can block to his hearts content every turn, and if he does become trapped, he DOESNT have to throw a block. At least thats how I read the new WA description. It seems they still have to move first tho. Cant have everything.

Oscar Wilde
Grod

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2003 - 01:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Quickly everyone, get pro for all your big guys before javabowl is updated...

Oscar Wilde
RIPNE1

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2003 - 01:31 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, WA change is good in IMO they can block without a roll and still can move 50% of the time to get next to someone so they can subsequently block them... Rat ogre have prehensile tail too don't forget so people are unlikely to be dodging away!
Cortex

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2003 - 01:54 Reply with quote Back to top

The new WA rules make sense. The Mino/Rat Ogre being an unreliable blitzer (or ballcarrier, etc..) reflects very well the unpredictable nature of a wild animal. They become blockers now, just as the other big guys (ok, the horns on the mino lose a lot of their interest). This will certainly change the style of play for a lot of teams, but I think the effective removal of the wild animal trap more than compensates for this. Besides, wa's can now receive assists in blocking, so they're no longer on their own against tougher opponents. The change is not bad, it injects new tactical possibilities in the game.

Piling on has been toned down, which will hopefully change the (understandable) general attitude of most coaches now. Pilers should be able to get more games in the future. Also interesting: piling on is now equally good for a big guy or a stunty str2 critter... Stunty coaches will just love this Smile

The changes are there, whining about them won't change anything, so let's just be curious to see their consequences.