22 coaches online • Server time: 04:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...goto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Babau

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2009 - 14:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Yesterday it happened to me something rather unexpected. I entered balckbox as usual and was scheduled to do a game... unfortunately the opposing coach had connection problems and so the game started roughly half an hour after the BowlBot scheduled it.

In that particular case, I had a little trouble waiting but all, in the end, went well. Now, though, I have a thought in my brain.

Since in bbox one is expected to get a game in quick time, it is more common, I think, to enter the box thinking a reasonable time to be free from the game a couple hor or so.

But what happens if the opposing coach has probalems connecting or simply - for some reason - shows up late? I asked in the chat channel and the said there is not a specific ruling for that so I'm now asking here.

May I have a little clarification?

Thanks.
Optihut

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2009 - 14:30 Reply with quote Back to top

If the answer is that there is no specific ruling, then I would guess that the regular ruling applies - schedule anew and try to play the game as soon as possible.
PhrollikK

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2009 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=help&op=rules wrote:
Don't start a game where there is a chance you won't be able to finish without your opponent knowing about it. Unless you state otherwise, you are expected to be able to play for 90 minutes.

koadah

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2009 - 14:59 Reply with quote Back to top

PhrollikK wrote:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=help&op=rules wrote:
Don't start a game where there is a chance you won't be able to finish without your opponent knowing about it. Unless you state otherwise, you are expected to be able to play for 90 minutes.

That requires getting an admin to unschedule the game though.

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2009 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Or if you have a dodgy connection then you should stay out of Bbox :/

SeraphimRed

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2009 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

That's all good and well, Phro, but it doesn't handle the situation - especially if you're not the one with the problem.

As there isn't a ruling "as yet" I'd suggest that if you find yourself in that situation that you ask an Admin to unschedule the game, I believe there has been precedent for such things.

Enhance YOUR FUMBBL

westerner

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2009 - 15:35 Reply with quote Back to top

What Seraphim said.

This thread discusses the topic further.

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2009 - 16:14 Reply with quote Back to top

on a different angle, what about players that take forever and ever to play? I can blacklist those coaches in [R]anked, but in the [B]ox slow players are impossible to avoid. What about enforcing the turn time limit? I am by no means a fast player, but I had a game recently where the other coach went over the time limit three turns in a row and I had to concede due to time contraints. I personally think the limit is reasonable and should be enforced.
westerner

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2009 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Which time limit are you referring to? I was under the impression that the time limit is enforced, is that not the case?

On a side note, the reserve time bank is 15 minutes in B as opposed to 10 minutes in R... not sure why it was increased.

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2009 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Was this after 90 mins?

Jump to: