69 coaches online • Server time: 22:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Zell959

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2009 - 21:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello,

I'm about 5 games deep into my fumbbl career and at this point I still have a couple of questions that I haven't found the answer to in my reviewing of the help sections/user guides/etc or over the course of the few games I've played. I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could take the time to walk me through the following items I'm uncertain on.

1. When a player has a skill that can be applied to either armor OR injury roll, how does one make the choice? Do the bonuses get automically added to one or the other if no choice is made?

2. On the same note, do skills such as mighty blow or dirty player need to be "activated" somehow? For example, do I have to do anything before blocking with a mummy to receive the +1 for mighty blow? I had assumed it was automatic, but it occurs to me I've never checked to be certain.

3. Do skills that you need to declare the activation of during your opponents turn automatically pop up when available? Are there any you have to "catch" during a given window or will your opponent always be held up to give you a chance to decide?

4. If I roll for a new skill in the popup with the dice, but close the popup window without picking a skill, what is recorded? Can I go back and later pick the skill based off the options granted by what I rolled previously? I've been too nervous to risk losing out on the new skill to try it myself.

5. Is it legal in Blood Bowl itself and/or possible in the java client to take back or undo any non-roll movements made? I checked the LRB4 but couldn't find any difinitive rule for movement such as once 'you let go', or once a roll has occured, or final no matter what. I'm inclined to think everything is intentionally final the moment you do it, but would like to make sure as I still make my fair share of mistakes at this point.

6. At times during your turn when you are waiting for a decision from the other coach(Block outcome, use Apothecary,etc), does the passing time count against your 4:00? The combination of lag & considerate opponents that pick promptly has left me uncertain as to the answer.

Thank you in advance to any who respond.
Eddy

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2009 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi there.

Zell959 wrote:
1. When a player has a skill that can be applied to either armor OR injury roll, how does one make the choice? Do the bonuses get automically added to one or the other if no choice is made?

If you get through the armour without the bonus, then it will be applied to the injury. If you don't, then it will be used on the armour. In short, it does the best choice for you, don't worry.

Quote:
2. On the same note, do skills such as mighty blow or dirty player need to be "activated" somehow? For example, do I have to do anything before blocking with a mummy to receive the +1 for mighty blow? I had assumed it was automatic, but it occurs to me I've never checked to be certain.

They are automatically used.

Quote:
3. Do skills that you need to declare the activation of during your opponents turn automatically pop up when available? Are there any you have to "catch" during a given window or will your opponent always be held up to give you a chance to decide?

Don't worry, if there's one of your skills to be used, either it will be used automatically (like Catch on an interception), or it will ask you, stopping your opponent's turn until you move (like Sidestep).

Quote:
4. If I roll for a new skill in the popup with the dice, but close the popup window without picking a skill, what is recorded? Can I go back and later pick the skill based off the options granted by what I rolled previously? I've been too nervous to risk losing out on the new skill to try it myself.

Once you've clicked the "skill" link, all the rolls are saved. So you will have the same skill and ageing rolls.

Quote:
5. Is it legal in Blood Bowl itself and/or possible in the java client to take back or undo any non-roll movements made? I checked the LRB4 but couldn't find any difinitive rule for movement such as once 'you let go', or once a roll has occured, or final no matter what. I'm inclined to think everything is intentionally final the moment you do it, but would like to make sure as I still make my fair share of mistakes at this point.

In tabletop, it depends on your opponent or the rules of the competition you're in. In the client, it's not possible.

Quote:
6. At times during your turn when you are waiting for a decision from the other coach(Block outcome, use Apothecary,etc), does the passing time count against your 4:00? The combination of lag & considerate opponents that pick promptly has left me uncertain as to the answer.

I don't really know. Shouldn't really matter though, you'll learn to play faster soon enough =)

Last edited by Eddy on %b %04, %2009 - %21:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
asharak

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2009 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

1. It's automatic, MB will apply to armour unless it gets broken anyway in which case injury

2. It's automatic

3. They'll pop up

4. You can close the window & think about it, decide later. I normally do all my skill rolls on a team if I have multiple, before deciding any of them.

5. Not possible in the client & I believe illegal in the game, although in a friendly with a mate they might be nice.

6. It doesn't count towards your time.

edit: Heh, I type too slow... amusing, a fair few minutes after the question, two answers within moments of each other!
Enar

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2009 - 21:30 Reply with quote Back to top

1) Where needed. on armor if needed to break, else on inj.

2) A few skills need to be activated. Namely: Multiblock, Piling On, Leap and Throw Team Mate. The rest are automatic or prompts you.

3) Turn based, so no missed window where aplicable.

4) The skillroll is saved and stays the same until you chose a skill. I remember doing this exact thing you tell of for hundreds of games Very Happy

5) You can not undo actions (in the client).

6) No. Side step, shadowing etc does not tick your clock.

Hope you enjoy the site sofar!

EDIT: LOL!

Last edited by Enar on %b %04, %2009 - %21:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
MathiasNielsen

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2009 - 21:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome! Smile

1. armor first if needed
2. no those... others do, like leap, piling on etc.
3. no.."select" the skill by clicking the text of it
4. it will remember
5. no, possible only if u load a game
6. dunno actually. but u have extra time on top of the turn time of 4 min... it wont just result in a turnover if it runs out.

Hope this helps

Regards Mathias

Edit : aaargh crap, way to slow!
Zell959

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2009 - 21:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks to everyone for the answers. I appreciate it.
 Jump to: