39 coaches online • Server time: 13:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Valind

Post 13 Posted: Nov 27, 2003 - 06:56 Reply with quote Back to top

C'mon what is this +1 on armor roll, re-roll on it and the player is down........ not fair.... Why change Bloodbowl rules !!! Now the skill lost is advantage. C'mon.... This game is called Bloodbowl, not Madden 2004.

I vote for a restore PO with +3 on AR not this stupid re-roll. Damn your player are on the ground just for a re-roll... ???????????????????? shit c'mon.

If is impossible to restore the old rules, please let people change this skill for another one cause I am sorry but PO are not good now.

*Topic title changed due to bad language - Grumbledook
NastyOgre

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2003 - 07:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree... period. However "abusive" it was this game is about KILLING the other players. If PO makes it too easy... oh wait, considering the genre materialfrom GW talks about whole teams being destroyed in a single game which really can't happen PO was FAR from over the top. Evil, and nasty yep. So is turn 8 fouling. But its part of the game. Rude or nasty. Tough. I agree with Valind. Go play Madden.
Hellboy

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2003 - 07:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I would love to remove pile on from several of my players as well since I will not be using it anymore in its current incarnation. please let me know if you decide to do this.
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2003 - 14:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks to me like the change works out positive Smile. I'd say it still is a decent skill, and it finally doesn't make any sense anymore to have it on loads and loads of players on the same team.

-Mnemon
Jugular

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2003 - 14:19 Reply with quote Back to top

If a reroll is not a worthwhile skill, I'll be expecting to see you all no longer taking dodge, pass, pro, leader, catch and buying team rerolls. although thhinking about it with such a love of the old PO I suppose you're unlikely to want to buy or gain such things as they're all linked to scoring and ball handling and I have a strange hunch that you've all already built Khemri teams....maybe i shoulda thought before i posted..d'oh
Delta

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2003 - 14:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Mnemon wrote:
Looks to me like the change works out positive Smile. I'd say it still is a decent skill, and it finally doesn't make any sense anymore to have it on loads and loads of players on the same team.

-Mnemon

I'm with you on this one.
I think that the rules change has simply reduced it from 'way too effective' down to 'fairly effective'

I've got an idea....why not live with it for a while, and try to see if it balances out as a decent skill choice.
All I'm saying is give the new rules a chance....if they still don't make a balanced game...then come back and try to do something about it.

I'm quite curious to know if many people have actually played games using the new rules, or if they have just read the change and gone straight to the forums to bitch about it. Wink

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2003 - 14:40 Reply with quote Back to top

i played a game with a troll with po he only went prone once and caused 2 cassis one with mb and one with po, normallly that str 6 troll would have decimated my ranks, he still got a few cassis but he was limited which made for a much more enjoyable game, as in the old rules i would not have played him, po is still useful but now hopefully u wont see teams with 10 guys having it which is just lamzorz
wookie

Post 6 Posted: Nov 27, 2003 - 14:56 Reply with quote Back to top

In short: a reasonable change, but a problem for existing teams.

In my humble opinion, the previous PO-rules made it far too powerful. In fact, I would have taken PO with just about every player in my Chaos team, preferably paired with RSC.

The re-roll effect sounds balanced. It should be quite efficient for teams like evil Goblins and Dark Elves, a situation which I find most appropriate! Razz For pure bashing teams it could be a good choice for a few players but probably not everybody.

The question of changing old PO-skills is another thing. If possible to effectuate technically, it sounds fair to give teams with PO the opportunity to change for another skill. For instance, PO might now not be the ideal skill for the precious Mummies of an Undead team...

/Christian
SamSagace

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2003 - 15:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree that pilling on is now a decent skill. With a 5 STR Big guy or mymmy you had no problem bypassing the AV 9 of Orcs, which is a real problem IMO. Now with a reroll, you'll still be able to pass trhough AV 7 fairly easily (especially with mighty blow).

What isn't fair is that most bashy coaches must create a new team or be force to play with a skill they didn't want anymore. (and when all your players have it, it's an issue) On the other hand, AG teams don't have this problem so it gives them a major advantage in comparison.

I think it could be a good time for a reset of all teams... or maybe to transfer every Open teams in the DivX and make the Open a brand new league with only new teams.
freak_in_a_frock

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2003 - 15:21 Reply with quote Back to top

to all those bashy coaches complaining that they now have to start a new team, ha ha ha ha, now you know how those coaches feel when you destroy their teams, serves you right for creating a team based around one skill. Twisted Evil
UberEvil

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2003 - 15:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

I agree... period. However "abusive" it was this game is about KILLING the other players.

Since when did this game become all about killing? I thought winning was the deal...
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2003 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh.. the whining thread of the team-crusher and elf-hunter.
I feel soooooo sorry for you guys. You slowly created a team around a brainless Combo and now whine because the Power of the Skill is now set to a reasonable level. Look on the bright side: You will get more games, as some teams, who focus on this strange leather-thing called ball, won´t call the army, when they see your team.
wookie

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2003 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, smashing your opponents is a popular method to substantially improve your own team's chances to score touchdowns. However, even if I as a fumbbl beginner do enjoy the friendly violence I definitely agree that winning the matches must be the goal. Successful BloodBowl teams must those who manage to win their matches one way or the other...

Returning to Piling On, I still think the ideal would be to let coaches change PO-skills if they want to. If this is technically difficult, it is a pity but still acceptable. Any team can have bad luck as pointed out by Freak above. Also, we should not be too surprised that an extremely powerful skill gets changed for a more balanced application.
Kaz

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2003 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Jugular wrote:
If a reroll is not a worthwhile skill, I'll be expecting to see you all no longer taking dodge, pass, pro, leader, catch and buying team rerolls. . .

Don't worry, I won't be taking pro, I have better things to spend my doubles on.

and you forgot Sure hands, Sure feet, tackle (prevents a reroll, which is worthless, so it prevents something worthless, so take something better) or buying a halfling chef.... not like most of the people complaining will be playing many halflings...
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2003 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

If you've taken PO recently, you had to have heard that things were going to change. Everyone has been buzzing about the Rules Review for a while. If you took it and don't like the new rules regarding it, then you should have listened to what everyone was saying around you. There have already been a few forum threads about the rules review and a number of people have intimated that Piling On was likely to be nerfed.

If you took Piling On on a player a while ago, you've undoubtedly used it at every possibility and reaped some benefits from it. Good for you. You're now stuck with a skill that you don't claim to like (although you haven't really tried it yet) and a boatload of SPPs from all those casualties you got before now.

No, you don't get to change it just like I don't get to build up a gutter runner by giving him nothing but skills to score (and racking up SPPs) and then changing those skills to make him a defensive player. Quit whining and move on.

ps. also, language, boys. The mod should change this post name and in the future, please try to refrain from obscenities in all caps. I assume you know better but... well... whatever.

Last edited by BadMrMojo on %b %27, %2003 - %16:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: