10 coaches online • Server time: 06:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2009 - 00:57 Reply with quote Back to top

This is something i have been thinking about for a while and wondered if it was do-able/ worth doing.

When a new coach joins the site they get a confirmation e-mail... i thought it would be good if this e-mail included a link for them to a single "welcome to the site" wiki page which would include links to all the stuff they need to know (yes i know there is the "help" button but as we all know people often fail to see it) as well as information about which channels to ask for help in.. starting in accademy... how to search the forums etc.

I realise this could be considered patronising to some but i think it would be helpfull for a lot of new coaches.

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2009 - 01:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like a good idea to me ...hell I don't even know all the particulars for each league yet.
Leif

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2009 - 01:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Seems like a good idea here, a few links to useful info on things like divisions, the client and a couple of the general tips and strategy pages that a new user might find handy.

It would only seem patronising if it was written in a patronising way. Wink

Timlagor

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2009 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds good to me. People are free to ignore it.

Ithink an explanation of groups is in order ..putting one on the Help page could be good too though I may just have missed it.

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2009 - 20:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I certainly think that playing in a few tournaments against teams all ranked at TR100 is the best way to start - it's very demoralising to get hammered by extra skills before you realise how to combat. For example, I played a team almost entirely of blodgers last night, with no tackle, and got hammered 6-0. My fault really, and I learnt a lot, but if that was my first game I would probably just give up.

Joining tournaments isn't clear at first as it takes a little while to get accepted; and one game a week is actually fairly relaxed (in my opinion) for online gaming.
 Jump to: