48 coaches online • Server time: 17:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What is the single biggest factor that would encourage you to play more [B] Games?
1) A competitive goal beyond the single match
34%
 34%  [ 79 ]
2) More racial diversity
24%
 24%  [ 57 ]
3) Greater ease in getting a [B] game
5%
 5%  [ 12 ]
4) Reducing TS exploits
9%
 9%  [ 21 ]
5) Integration of the blackbox concept with other divisions
7%
 7%  [ 18 ]
6) None - I'm happy playing in other divisions.
19%
 19%  [ 45 ]
Total Votes : 232

westerner

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2009 - 15:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Lots of folks have lost interest in B for various reasons. Since it is not possible to undo what has been done, I'm not asking why you left or don't like [B]. This poll is to ask what would encourage you to return or play more games in [B].

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2009 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, at my voting there is exactly one vote for each option...

I voted for reducing TS exploits, but I'm not playing much bloodbowl at all currently. When I do look for a game, I normally put my teams on gamefinder until about 28/58 minutes past, and then just enter the box.

Having a goal would be nice, I think that now BR is not used, showing that should suffice, and changing the championship to take only Blackbox games would be good as well. Maybe just run two championships...

I never found a problem with racial diversity, probably because I haven't played enough B games Very Happy

Getting a game in B is easy enough, I think. I don't really see how it could be easier, did you have any ideas in mind?

Finally, I don't think I'd particularly like blackbox to be introduced to other divisions, or to allow unscheduled games in B.
Astarael

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2009 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Having [B] matches count for awards.

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2009 - 16:14 Reply with quote Back to top

i would like to be able to actually choose what team i want to play in [B], if then there's no matching team ow
funnyfingers

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2009 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

No option for, I already play in Blackbox and I am happy with it...

I haven't been playing recently just because I am bored in general with Bloodbowl. I think Blackbox did it. Too many games in such a short time.
Reisender

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2009 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

i would love majors in (B)
arw

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2009 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Tourneys and awards and such would make BBox more enjoyable.
Then again it wouldn't make me play more games I guess. More coaches activating at night would- since it often is a Box-less time for lack of activating coaches...

In BBox and other divisions I'd appreciate awards for teams (rather than coaches only).
In my oppinion it would be especially sweet for BBox teams to have a visible "Ogre-Picker" or "winning streak" award.
Almost certainly some coaches would go on a mission for the "legendary passer" award with Khem etc.
That might be too much effort to be considered "a small add for flavour" though.

Oh- I almost forgot! There is something to be done to improve BBox: Get paulhicks to join Wink

Last edited by arw on %b %13, %2009 - %16:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
koadah

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2009 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Gwain wrote:
i would like to be able to actually choose what team i want to play in [B], if then there's no matching team ow

I would have voted for this option.

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2009 - 16:50 Reply with quote Back to top

How about "I'd like to have more free time?"
arw

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2009 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Gwain wrote:

Wouldn't want it as easy. To limit your activated teams to a certain extend would be nice though. Something like selecting four(+/-) teams to be activated.
I might find myself in a strange mood thinking: Why not try Goblins (or Undead/CD/Norse/Ogre...) in B?
Easily answered: I'd be stuck with them Gobos(...) forever (or until retirement) which I wouldn't want. I ain't no real Gobo-coach after all although I have a ranked Gobo team that I play ... every once in a while (rare occasions...). Just to try out and have fun. Same reason would keep me from having ANY ten BBox teams although playing 11 different races in Ranked. I'll keep the four I have and won't easily add more in order to really play these teams regularly.
That reduces the racial diversity of course.

Last edited by arw on %b %13, %2009 - %17:%Feb; edited 3 times in total
Ehlers

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2009 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

What Gwain and koadah wrote. I currently have 2teams, rotter and HE. I dont want to play with my HE, but the team have developed nice. So dont want to retire it either.
So I might be forced to play with a team I just dont feel like playing now.

So many blogs/threads about too many khmeries, ogres, dwarf and orcs... I have not personally experinced only meeting those teams, but since it seems to me that soo many people have "whined" about them and my personlly dislike of Khemries and Ogres as team, then I dont feel like playing in this divB. Too many says that they only face those team, so something must be to it. And therefore I just returned to R and started to get those exiting "equal" matches ^^
arw

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2009 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Only Dorf (Khem/Ogre) ?

1)people whine about bashing hordes because lots of ppl play "a 100%" more of them...
meaning they always dodged them in ranked.
As for Khem: I did dodge em too Sad
Now I enjoy most games vs Khem since I often win and still survive more or less.

2)On top of it one desastrous game vs Dorf tends to make ppl say they'd "always" play them- just because half the races in BB are somewhat bashy while they really had (no more than) the misfortune to meet like three Dwarves in ten games. A 0:5 loss vs Woodies doesn't have this effect.

3)Ppl always playing Welves won't tell you while those really playing heaps of Dorf do tell you.
I had an awful lot of Skaven with my Chaos- didn't make my winning record any better.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2009 - 17:38 Reply with quote Back to top

1 and 4. 2 would be nice but not a priority.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2009 - 17:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know really. I can't really place why I didn't find [B], well, *fun*.

Lots of little things, not limited to those listed. No doubt I'll have another go one day, but there's just so many divisions I like, seems a weird idea to go back to the cold dark box World atm, when I'm enjoying my BB so much elsewhere.
FeelingMN

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2009 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I see nothing wrong with the [b]ox the way it is. I will personally never go back to ranked, even if there aren't enough coaches in the [b]ox I will wait for the next draw or find something more productive to do with my time. My human team has faced exactly 0 khemri teams, and I have faced elves and skaven in half of the games. I really don't get the tales of endless bashers. Actually, I am a little disapointed that my humans have had such an easy time of it, I was anticipating a grueling slugfest.

As for what to improve, I would reduce the coach limit for the draw. If there are brave coaches around, why punish them for being a minority? Other than that, reducing some of the ts exploits may calm everyone else down. I see nothing wrong with exploiting ts, but most people seem to have an issue.

Back to hating on ranked, for those of you that have gone back to ranked from the [b]ox, how could you transition back? I find the whole match negotiation process annoying. You have to beg the other coaches to accept even matchups because they are always on the lookout for an easy win, and because of this you either have to play the same game and become a good negotiator or become a picker or the picked. In the end, when it comes down to begging good coaches for an even match or conning some newb into an easy match, is it any wonder cherry picking is so prevelant? In ranked, I cherry pick just to avoid the dance of convincing coaches the game would be "fair", which is even more impossible when most coaches believe the only fair match is one with the odds slightly in their favor.
 Jump to: