41 coaches online • Server time: 19:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
pac

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2009 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

treborius wrote:
...i did expect something below 150 'cause i've been loosing a lot, especially with my ogres, but what i really don't understand is how i got a BBR of 146.18 - i've been playing Ogres about 75% of the time and they 'got a cas-difference of +84 (at 78 games) Confused

anyone got a clue?

I don't know for sure, but it may generate BBR by comparing the coach's record against the expected rate for that roster. So, while causing lots of CAS with Ogres, you may still have been behind the expected CAS rate for Ogres.
treborius

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2009 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

pac wrote:
treborius wrote:
...i did expect something below 150 'cause i've been loosing a lot, especially with my ogres, but what i really don't understand is how i got a BBR of 146.18 - i've been playing Ogres about 75% of the time and they 'got a cas-difference of +84 (at 78 games) Confused

anyone got a clue?

I don't know for sure, but it may generate BBR by comparing the coach's record against the expected rate for that roster. So, while causing lots of CAS with Ogres, you may still have been behind the expected CAS rate for Ogres.

ah, yes - i remember reading something like that elsewhere - that makes a lot of sense Smile
westerner

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2009 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

treborius wrote:
...my BWR is really low at 139.95, though Embarassed

anyone got a clue?

Sub-140 CR's are very rare in [R] so there is something strange about this number.

Your overall [B] record is -8 TD's over 119 games, pretty close to even. Which doesn't jive with a BWR of 140.

I think it's the handicaps you're giving away that are hurting you because of the way ranking is calculated. Lithuran also posted about this.

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2009 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, I'm on position 53684, didn't realize there were that many coaches on fumbbl (quick check: Total 53983 coaches)... Seems like I have a first real goal in B - get above BWR 150 to make a jump of > 50000 places in one go Razz
As for the racial distribution, it would be really interesting to see the distribution with the teams played in the last week or two as I personally feel that there is a shift from Khemri/Chaos/Ogre towards more Elfs... (Still lots of Orcs, though)
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2009 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

hey!!!

position has been added up. This is cool!!!

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2009 - 20:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Neat!

Shivkala, I suspect there are a very large number of coaches at the 150 mark (all the fumbbl coaches who haven't played [B]).

I"m #153. Goal: crack the top 50.

Last edited by westerner on Feb 23, 2009 - 20:29; edited 1 time in total
funnyfingers

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2009 - 20:28 Reply with quote Back to top

treborius - You are losing a lot of matches where you are higher in TS, and any that you win look like you are also higher in TS. The few that I've seen where you have a lower TS are ties. I think the wide difference in TR/TS is giving you a huge disadvantage.
TheCetusProject

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2009 - 20:28 Reply with quote Back to top

The amount of rating information shown on that page is at a good level, I hope there isn't anything else added. I like not being able to see the BR of anyone else.
koadah

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2009 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Seeing everyone else's BWR would be better done from the Coaches page.

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2009 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

funnyfingers wrote:
treborius - You are losing a lot of matches where you are higher in TS, and any that you win look like you are also higher in TS. The few that I've seen where you have a lower TS are ties. I think the wide difference in TR/TS is giving you a huge disadvantage.

yep, i suppose when i play my ogres i give away at least 2 HCs on avg. - probably the BWR doesn't take into account 5 TS per HC, so for the BWR-updating formula i'm playing down at least 10 TS on avg. each game...
daberserker

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2009 - 10:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a question...

Why do the 4 first matches doesn't count? I mean they are for real too, say you win your first four and lose the 5th one then you get a negative ratio despite 80% win?

Personally I love vanilla BB...
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2009 - 11:52 Reply with quote Back to top

In order to combat people that just use teams that are extremely strong the first few games and then retire and repeat.
clarkin

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2009 - 11:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Eg starting a team with 3 stars hired, win game 1, retire, repeat.
DonTomaso

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2009 - 11:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice...

Good to see a few coaches with high rating and low bashing... (unless I'm misinterpreting the chart)...
Jaim, for instance...

Good going!

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2009 - 13:42 Reply with quote Back to top

clarkin wrote:
Eg starting a team with 3 stars hired, win game 1, retire, repeat.

If you do that in B you will get a TS of 150 or so and meet opponents with the same ts. The above mentioned tactic works in rookie smacks because you are facing other tr 100 teams. I don't see why that should affect B.