15 coaches online • Server time: 06:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Severedunit

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2009 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe we should just change the name to BashBox and let it be? (from a coach who has never played a B game)
SillySod

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2009 - 16:19 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
ps: your Armor of Balls sucks.

I think the point of the armour of balls is that it only works if you are at a disadvantage Wink

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
westerner

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2009 - 16:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Severedunit wrote:
Maybe we should just change the name to BashBox and let it be?

or Ballsbox. Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2009 - 01:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, what response! But I see I must have made something unclear in my post so here's the deal:

1. Yes, I cherrypick in R, but never in the purpose of destroying the opposing team.
2. Yes, this is a "whining"-post, hence the name...
3. Yes, I'm a lousy coach and therefor feel that I need unfair games in order to win.
4. Yes, I want to be the killer and not get killed (being a dead killer makes it difficult to do your job, unless you're a Mummy), and
5. Whenever one of my teams get beat up to the point that a brand new team is better, I tend to retire the team and start anew.
In fact, I'm probably the worst person in the world, I hate kids and small furry animals, I never celebrate X-mas and Denis Leary wrote a song just about me.

WHATEVER!

This has NOTHING to do with the fact that the gap in TS (be it 15 or 20 or 659,8+half a salami and brie sandwich) is to wide at startup.
In this statement I have, of course, made the assuption that the Box should be playable by as many coaches as possible, thereby avoiding the "not-enough-coaches-to-start-the-round-problem". Or did I miss the requirement to have played 1500+ matches and have a CR of 180+???

What I'm saying is that if you're only a mid-range coach (NOT me, I still suck, see 3.), with only say 300 games played, the gap makes it too hard to get your team to decent rating, MAKING THE BOX LESS INTERESTING/FUN/POPULAR THAN IT COULD BE! And my guess is that unless changes are made, the box is doomed. That's it.

Really.
Nothing else.
Never said I was a good coach.
Never said I was oppose to fouling.
Exept in turn 8/8 second half.
That's just ugly.
You know who else is ugly?
Conan O'brian.
Don't like his nose.
Or his hair.
Well, better quit before I get off topic...
pythrr

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2009 - 02:00 Reply with quote Back to top

the gap is fine

less whine

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2009 - 03:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I think other peoples point was... the gap is fine but probably looks bad compared with your normal matchups.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Kryten

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2009 - 04:51
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

stormbolt, you're simply wrong. Plenty of mediocre coaches have been able to build [B] teams to solid TR/TS. Whether the matching routine could be better or worse is another thing.
Jon_Guitard

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2009 - 20:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I see Blackbox as a take your chances division. Because of this, I personally wont kick a coach who wants to retire a mangled team and try to go again. In a league, you can perhaps take a next game against someone you know might give you a bit of a chance, or a team that might. This is Iron Man Blood Bowl, and there will be casualties. Not every player, and not every team will make it. If you can't hack it, you might be better off playing somewhere else. But we all hope you stick with it.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2009 - 13:41 Reply with quote Back to top

stormbolt wrote:
This has NOTHING to do with the fact that the gap in TS (be it 15 or 20 or 659,8+half a salami and brie sandwich) is to wide at startup.
In this statement I have, of course, made the assuption that the Box should be playable by as many coaches as possible, thereby avoiding the "not-enough-coaches-to-start-the-round-problem". Or did I miss the requirement to have played 1500+ matches and have a CR of 180+???

What I'm saying is that if you're only a mid-range coach (NOT me, I still suck, see 3.), with only say 300 games played, the gap makes it too hard to get your team to decent rating, MAKING THE BOX LESS INTERESTING/FUN/POPULAR THAN IT COULD BE! And my guess is that unless changes are made, the box is doomed. That's it.

IMO, I agree with you that 15TS gap in low TR games is a lot and difficult to overcome. That is, as I chacked your game, it didn't happen a lot to you, neither to me (even if it happens).

Then, this beeing said, you cannot unlink the number of coaches with the TS gap. The point is, the more coaches you have, less are the chances to get such a matchup.

So taking in account both aspects, I am ready, from time to time, to try a tough matchup that is likely to get lost. Of course, I am not that happy to get that draw, (slightly more happy if it is in my favor than in favor of my opponent, but I would prefer a fair matchup anyway) but I really prefer this than not beeing scheduled.

Now the very last point about this would be:

To really determine the fair value of TS difference allowed would be by looking at the database.

In conclusion: I have no data to support my opinion but I do feel that an occasionnal unfair game remains ok.