37 coaches online • Server time: 00:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
NNNChef

Post 14 Posted: Feb 26, 2009 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I want to start a positive thread about black box, because most of threads here are negative. Some of them of course are very constructive but some not. But this may gives a wrong impression of [B].

All the whiners, please write your postings in other threads and let this thread be a decision support for coaches, who think about playing in [B].

So why I like and play black box?

I played lot of games in the past and I was a founder of pretty big group and managed it 2004-2006. I never liked ranked division because of the problems everybody knows. Thats why I played in tournaments. But this is not a thread for whining about [R].

For some months because of personal circumstances I can’t play tournaments, because I can’t arrange games beforehand. I am only able to make a spontaneous game. So after some years pause of playing fumbbl, as I returned some days ago to fumbbl and saw this new division [B] I just thought, this is like a dream come true. Indeed I missed such a division already years ago.
This division hit the spot. I can play when I have some time against an unknwon team without discussing before the game. And the opponents in [B] don’t whine if you make fouls or some casualities. Don’t get me wrong, I am not a basher. My BBR is only 145.86. I don’t care to play more games against bashers than non bashers. I love this random scheduler and just want to have some fun in the night playing a game.

So I hope [B] will grow when the time goes by.
avien

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2009 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I like blackbox cause then I won't have to bother my brain with evaluating my potential opponents. Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2009 - 20:50 Reply with quote Back to top

[B]lack Box Rules.

Some reasons are:

1) No waiting hours for matches, because people with 7 claw/rsc are scared to play your 2 dps.
2) No one cries when you foul.
3) Their are no super pimped teams that only picking can build.
4) You know you are the MAN, because you face scores of Orcs, Khemri, & Dorfs with AV 7/8 Teams.
5) You see the super picker 180 CR coaches cry & run away, never to return to the [B]ox.
6) All of the Hard-Pipe-Hitting Coaches play in the Black Box.
westerner

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2009 - 21:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Watch out for Bill's pro elves. They specialize in 1d RIP's. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2009 - 21:40 Reply with quote Back to top

BillBrasky wrote:
[B]lack Box Rules.

Some reasons are:

1) No waiting hours for matches, because people with 7 claw/rsc are scared to play your 2 dps.
4) You know you are the MAN, because you face scores of Orcs, Khemri, & Dorfs with AV 7/8 Teams.
5) You see the super picker 180 CR coaches cry & run away, never to return to the [B]ox.

QFT!
Zero1BB

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2009 - 21:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I enjoy the people in the box moreso than in the ranked area simply because they seem to talk to me more lol.
DonTomaso

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2009 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

If this thread is meant to be a help for people making decision about join B or not, shouldn't the downsides of B be mentioned as well then?

Ah, well.. carry on!

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2009 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Black Box is for real men/coaches thats why i like it.

MAN UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2009 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I mainly like B as one does not have to go through the BS of negotiating for a game. Sure, there are lots of fun coaches in R that will take fairish games, but there are many who will go, "Oh no, you have 7 more TS than me, no way", or "I never play orcs", etc. At least in B you just get a game regardless. Or you can just play Chewie - that works too.

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2009 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

DonTomaso... Plenty of threads are about the downsides of B... don't need them here.

I like BB because it doesnt affect CR and I don't really care about losing there so it's less stressful, BB is my fun division because it's quick, random, and doesn't affect CR or your ability to win official tournaments.
I also like BB because it shows that when you pick MB before block on all your beastmen you lose, meaning bashing is not the only way to play!
Also, I like BB because britnoth is not playing there. Damn elfballer.

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2009 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

When nothing is going on in R or L I can find a match at the top and bottom of every hour.

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2009 - 23:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Guys, u convinced me, jost gonna make a couple of [B] teams!
clarkin

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2009 - 23:15 Reply with quote Back to top

BillBrasky wrote:
[B]lack Box Rules.

Totally agree! And to add:
7) The division is new so your players actually have a chance of making the top 10 racial lists!
panzerpig

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2009 - 23:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I love blackbox. fastest way to get lost of games. Great practice too. I have evolved as a coach alot through my blackbox games. atleast that what I think Smile
Alf115

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2009 - 00:12 Reply with quote Back to top

clarkin wrote:
BillBrasky wrote:
[B]lack Box Rules.

Totally agree! And to add:
7) The division is new so your players actually have a chance of making the top 10 racial lists!

only in B you can see a khemri player atop the list of touchdown scorers Wink

Nyrek, the super blitz-ra : http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&op=view&player_id=6171236
 Jump to: