47 coaches online • Server time: 19:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Jon_Guitard

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2009 - 02:51 Reply with quote Back to top

My first B game with my newly made Lizzie team. And of course, I draw my arch nemesis, Welfs. friggin razzin frazzin tree humpin fairies.

anyhoo. The game was quite entertaining, as my opponent a danish fella named zaiko, I hope, was a real sport. The actual game was boring as toast, with a few moments of note. My Krox knocking himself cold going for it was cute, Welfs actually killing a skink should result in joyful song in the halls of Lorien for ages.

The Wuss elves did no field much in the way of positionals, only one thrower and a catcher. No firggin Wardancers. Thank Nuffle.

In my own defense, I could have done better, a couple of misclicks did in my chance of avoiding a 3-0 shut out. In a fair spirit, with only my turn left, I just clicked TO rather than throw some cheap and pointless hits.

Hard to learn lessons with this game, since i've traditionally done poorly against Wuss Elves. My penchant for hard hitting teams notwithstanding, the high ag always nuffles me, and I never seem to get any luck even when I do get a juicy smakcdown.
Plorg

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2009 - 03:10 Reply with quote Back to top

You can add reports like this to individual matches....

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=2570675
Click the add/edit match report link at the bottom and put your text in there.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2009 - 03:15 Reply with quote Back to top

The more dead fairies there are.... the more pie there will be. Motivation FTW! Smile

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Titon

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2009 - 03:28 Reply with quote Back to top

You should be able to do a few more blocks against a 2 rr team (luck matters, of course) if u can´t get out a few elfs.... becomes hardest!!

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2009 - 03:38 Reply with quote Back to top

@plorq. Thanks for the link. What I mean by a match report is my take on the match, and a chance for coaches to critique/ suggest tactics for improving my game. Your link is more what I would call match stats. But they are important as well.
Paragon

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2009 - 03:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Jon_Guitard wrote:
@plorq. Thanks for the link. What I mean by a match report is my take on the match, and a chance for coaches to critique/ suggest tactics for improving my game. Your link is more what I would call match stats. But they are important as well.

I think you missed Plorg's point. You can add your own comments directly to that page, and it will be visible to everyone on the site. For example, here's a recently commented match:
http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=2570410
treborius

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2009 - 14:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Jon_Guitard wrote:

hey Jon, i happened to watch your game last night while trying to study some stuff Wink

...try protecting your skinks better, with st=2, av=7 and stunty they're prone to get injured

...of course you do this by avoiding contact with your oppo's players / keeping away from the trouble.

...you didn't do to bad with avoiding skink-contact, but failed to put your sauri in contact with those
elf - they're your st=4 - blockers and should go for every single 2d-block they can get or at least make
your opponent do lots of dodges (only 2+ for those pansies, but they'll still fail every once in a
while, especially with only 2 RR) - like Titon has pointed out, already.

...also every tied player can't Blitz / mark your skinks or at least has to dodge, first.

...if one saurus is not marked use him to blitz rather than your kroxi, esp. until your kroxi manages
to get block - you can't RR your kroxi's actions, so just use him to tie players (esp. useful 'cause of
prehensile tail) and if you have to use it for blitzing / blocking do it at the end of the turn 'cause of turnover-risk Wink

...then, when you're in control of the ball and not too much in trouble with the ball-carriers position, etc.
don't try to score that turn when you have no RR left and have to gfi or make handovers / passes -
just let your oppo do his stuff (if it's not to pressing on your ballcarrier) and score next turn with a RR
in back and some better chances Wink - i.e. let him try the risky stuff and take it easy when you're at
an advantage Smile
Jon_Guitard

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2009 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks tre. I started to see that pattern emerging about midway, and I was sloppy in my point and click a couple of key times. That is the way I try to play, ag4 has always worked against me, for some reason the little b**** never seem to roll 1's. I made a couple of risky moves that I shouldn't have either.

First game ever playing a Lizzie team, I've always wanted to try them. Steep learning curve, for all that they are a complex team. I'm sure I'll lose tons of games, but I play to have fun, so it's all good.
Mightypeon

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2009 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Against Elfs I have the following additional advice:

At low TR, make them do as many dodges as you can. Low TR elfs dont have much dodge, and if you force 5 Dodges per turn their limited rerolls will be burned through in no time.

if the enemy has limited amounts of Block, always make sure to mark the Block guys with your Saurus first.
A normal blockless S3 does not have such great odds at downing a Skink on a Blitz.

Dont be overly afraid of Blitzing with the kroxigor. especially if you can set up a jummy 3 dice Block (only needs 2 assists for that). You want to get that guard on the Krox soon, since your Saurus wont pick it up in the forseeable time.
Jon_Guitard

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2009 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I just played my second game with them. against dark elves. every skink got owned. 4 out of five were cas's. But to be fair, every block just went his way. Bashy teams like lizzies are hard to get going, but once you see a little progress, they can become real steamrollers.

three injured skinks by turn two is just luck. good or bad depends on which side of the die yer on. Especially since we threw no fouls at all, and he had no particular skills to help.
Jon_Guitard

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2009 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

quick question, I would really like so submit a report, but I can't seem to find the link to open that match report page. My search fu is weak today
Plorg

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2009 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=matches&coach=94506
Click a green D circle on the left of the row you want.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2009 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Jon_Guitard wrote:
My first B game with my newly made Lizzie team. And of course, I draw my arch nemesis, Welfs. friggin razzin frazzin tree humpin fairies.

you are heavily insulting my esthetical senses with your post...please dont use words like razzin, humpin or "wuzzelves", ... thank you
Jon_Guitard

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2009 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

you sir, are my hero. report sent.
@wreckage. Offending Welf's is like breathing. Try as you might, you eventually are going to have to do it. but you can rest easy knowing that the team in question has been retired. after a couple of games, Lizzies are not for me.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2009 - 09:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Against lizzies, the standardized tactic is to chase and hurt skinks, so the biggest part when you play lizzis is to protect them well, what is indeed difficult.

Lizzis improve their efficiency once sauri get block.