54 coaches online • Server time: 23:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Snappy_Dresser

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2009 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Snappy_Dresser wrote:
All of the problems presented with a major in [B] only apply if a team enters the major (as opposed to a coach with all his teams). I'm inclined to implement majors with, say, a 5 team minimum (from all different "categories") for entry, and let the one team coaches continue to play in the basic box.

As for championships (only the best coaches get in to the majors), I like that idea too, but it proved very unpopular the last time it was presented.

People who don't like Majors don't have to play in them.

People who don't like the Championship don't have to take any notice of it.
It pretty much works already just needs an option to filter out [R] results.

I don't think you read my post. Or possibly you quoted the wrong one?

"I hear that shadow is a douchebag"
-Mr Foulscumm
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2009 - 23:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Snappy_Dresser wrote:
koadah wrote:
Snappy_Dresser wrote:
All of the problems presented with a major in [B] only apply if a team enters the major (as opposed to a coach with all his teams). I'm inclined to implement majors with, say, a 5 team minimum (from all different "categories") for entry, and let the one team coaches continue to play in the basic box.

As for championships (only the best coaches get in to the majors), I like that idea too, but it proved very unpopular the last time it was presented.

People who don't like Majors don't have to play in them.

People who don't like the Championship don't have to take any notice of it.
It pretty much works already just needs an option to filter out [R] results.

I don't think you read my post. Or possibly you quoted the wrong one?

I must say I did not understand it.

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2009 - 08:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Ultimately I think the box is fine as is. All it really needs is for more coaches to man up and stop being scared to play games they may lose a couple of players or just not win.
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2009 - 08:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Zero1BB wrote:
Ultimately I think the box is fine as is. All it really needs is for more coaches to man up and stop being scared to play games they may lose a couple of players or just not win.

If you still think a lack of balls is the only reason why people don't play there you are sadly mistaken and have not read any of the threads about the subject. Believe me, there are plenty. Just take a day off and read them.

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2009 - 11:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:
Zero1BB wrote:

If you still think a lack of balls is the only reason why people don't play there you are sadly mistaken and have not read any of the threads about the subject. Believe me, there are plenty. Just take a day off and read them.

Let's take the maschism part away.

IMO, the box will never that many players down there. Whatever what is in it. Most of things have been fixed.

The 2 major point that may be labelled as remaining are:

->Not to have to play with all teams.
->Have tournaments

Both which you can discuss about their pro and cons.

Now past that, you need a specific mindset about playing here (eg, about team building, suffering cas and from time to time, matches that can be unfair -what doesn't make the division unfair, actually, as it is fairer than Ranked-)

Then because of that requiered mindset, the division won't get past ranked anyhow.

For exemple, whatever happens in B, I think you will never belong to B players because it doesn't fit your character, Cloggy.

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2009 - 15:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Zero1BB wrote:

Whatever the reasons, you can't force other people to play. There was a poll on what might encourage coaches to play more B and several of those options have been discussed in this thread.

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2009 - 08:35 Reply with quote Back to top

For what its worth as a newcomer what has attracted me to black box is facing a random opponent of broadly similar team strength without having to read through rosters and message people begging for games.

Not choosing which team I play with seems to have little to do with it. Allowing coaches to rest any of their teams if they don't feel like playing with them in no way hurts the spirit of the game

I think 15 min activation timer should be used if not enough coaches are there for the 30min one. Its frustrating having to wait a full 30mins for another game to start. (thats why i'm sat here reading this!)
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2009 - 12:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Molt wrote:
(thats why i'm sat here reading this!)

you see, you can always find something positive in a bad sitution Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2009 - 14:01 Reply with quote Back to top

What we would need for B is more coaches... But I dont have a solution to that problem Razz
Shrap

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2009 - 16:38 Reply with quote Back to top

you could have the whole year count as a tourney....with a min number of teams played maybe....winner gets a potion.
arw

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2009 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Shrap wrote:
you could have the whole year count as a tourney....with a min number of teams played maybe....winner gets a potion.

This idea could be modified but the essence- a price for winning regular games in BBox- isn't bad at all:
Seconded!
A year is too long though and the price should definitely be a BBox price - not to be used for non-BBox teams.
Nonetheless merging F and B would be way cooler...

To get more players to BBox however is not only about improving BBox. The most reliable way would be degenerating Ranked I guess ^^
On top of it we have to face the fact that BBox did the opposite: it improved Ranked!
Maybe it is just my personal impression. I came to believe that Ranked isn't that full of Sissies anymore!
Molt

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2009 - 03:23 Reply with quote Back to top

This is my solution:
My opinion is this:

Put an "Activate random team" link on the teams page that a coach can click. This will enter all your teams to the box without any preference weighting. Alternatively click the "activate" link next to your team (as before) to guarantee playing that particylar team. As an incentive to help get good matchups, give coaches with 3 or more teams an extra 10k winnings if they choose the random option.

Also allow coaches to rest 1 team for every 5 they own.
hellvis

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2009 - 04:47 Reply with quote Back to top

TheCetusProject wrote:
Rather than transfer from B to R, why not just make R tournaments open to B teams as well?

10000000 times this!

I would only play in [B] and [L] if this was possible.

I am also for graphical accolades, fluff and have a minimum number of different (in playing style) teams in order to play in [B].

I am totally against the use of TV (or TR for that matter) instead of TS though and also against not being able to indicate the preferable team.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2009 - 10:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like the full standings in Coach rankings!

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2009 - 11:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I would add higher minimum teams per coach and make them of different types to add a bit diversity to B. After all there is no bravery in just playing orcs

There was this disturbance in the water, then suddenly this giant testicle came out and grabbed me
 Jump to: