43 coaches online • Server time: 16:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
LUCiD|uk.

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2009 - 21:22 Reply with quote Back to top

id go Standfirm for no risk dodges for when he's got guard.
Snappy_Dresser

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2009 - 03:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't discount DT. I've seen it be a gamebreaker for dwarf coaches with the foresight to take it.

"I hear that shadow is a douchebag"
-Mr Foulscumm
mymLaban

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2009 - 03:10 Reply with quote Back to top

+ma
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2009 - 04:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Jon_Guitard wrote:

Blockers start with block tackle thick skull for those who don't know. this is also the first skill for the entire team.

oh boy... the fact that this sentence seriously confuses me.... does it mean im way too long on fumbbl?

ps: i've come to like first skill sidestep

movement 5 is practically never needed and when it matters its easy for your opponent to bind him in a tacklezone

stand firm is the obvious choice but i've come to realize that it is kind of a way to weaken a team, when taken as first skill: if put in a fight, you dont want your CD's to dodge. You want your player to develop fast and you will miss guard on him, wich is better imho, so: don't take as first skill

dodge is always good so there is really nothing to say against it

diving tackle/frenzy/leader these are second choice calls to begin with...
as such, with their usual weakspots, they are considerable

sidesteppers however proof to be very usefull in a direct face to face situation, aswell as in combination with other skills you can aquire later

Last edited by Wreckage on %b %11, %2009 - %05:%Mar; edited 2 times in total
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2009 - 04:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Dodge is not bad as it helps when he starts RECEIVING the Blocks from his opponent.
Your opponent must POW to get him down.
Stand Firm would better allow you to increase your CD mobility.
Get it if you roll a 2nd Double with this player.

+MA is great for CD's BUT doubles are more valuable.
On a 4+6... +MA is worth it in the long run.
Jon_Guitard

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2009 - 13:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I completely agree with you Catalyst. Dodge and SF were the two choices in the end, and I went with dodge for the simple fact that it would be unexpected, and not many opponents are going to immediately think of pitting their tacklers against it. +MA is good, But on MA 4 players who almost never handle the ball, it has limited mileage. (bad pun). Stand firm for sure as soon as I can apply it to the other CD's, or to him.

BTW, in the two following games, he proved his value, dodge kept him on his feet a few times, and he even pulled off a dodge to go blitz the ball carrier.
Grod

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2009 - 14:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Easy choice:

Take the +MA. A +MA CD blocker actually becomes useful for something other than standing on the LOS. He can chase things in the backfield a bit. He can keep up with a moving cage much better. He can reposition.

I would say that the number 1 aim for developing a CD team is to make it versatile. At high TR, CD teams suffer from lack of movement and ball handling. They are very easy to beat at TR>180. I don't think stand firm or Dauntless adds anywhere near as much as a bit of speed.

Oscar Wilde
Horst

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2009 - 14:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Standfirm!

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2009 - 12:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Every Dwarf or CD team should aim to get two SF or SS 'Beards/Dwarves (this can help set-up considerably, especially against Frenzy) and at least a couple of DT (extremely important to handle large, full-strength elf teams). Everything else is gravy. And DT is surprisingly useful against non-dodgy teams as well - especially since it's so easy to forget that the player is there...

Orcs do well to follow this plan as well. A Block/Tackle/DT orc lineman is perfect for sitting on the bench until you play a dodgy team.

I would not take Dodge on a Dwarf/'Beard, unless he already had SF or SS. SF is a much better tool for dodging with them anyway.

Become like any other sport, a battleground...”

—Benny Andersson & Björn Ulvaeus, Chess
Ivaneitor

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2009 - 12:53 Reply with quote Back to top

SF or dauntless. But I prefer to have one or two SF/guard blocking walls before going for dauntless. (CDs have the Big Guy and the 2 Bulls so dauntless can wait)
bloodbowljunky

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2009 - 13:35 Reply with quote Back to top

choices:

1. +MA
2. Dodge
3. Stand firm
 Jump to: