13 coaches online • Server time: 04:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Tripleskull

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2003 - 10:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Att: Mr_klipp

First u go on and on about peoples rules lawyering, while being the biggest rules lawyer urself. Then When u lose argumentation, AND some1 points to an official FAQ on the matter. U suddenly make it about the combo being overpowered. "sigh"

Dont know why I bother wrighting this tho, U r not realy one of those guys willing to face there own mistakes.
zenemuse

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2003 - 05:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Granted, i'm biased, because i have a Multi-block / Dauntless (and he just got block Razz ) player....
But i don't think it's over-powered. Using this player has come back to bite me in the ass almost more then it's done any good (and by any good, i mean something more then an arrow).

So many times have i wasted a prescious reroll on a failed dauntless roll. So many times have i been stuck taking a 3 dice block, in my opponents favor, and praying that my poor str 2 av 7 WE catcher doesn't get pulvarized. So many times have i wasted my blitz on a Multi-block, that got me no where.

It took me two doubles to get daunt and MB on that WE... two doubles that i've plenty of times wish i spent on other skills. Will i ever get two consecutive doubles again on another player? Not likely, but shit happens.

It's a fun combo, it's exciting, and different, and every time i throw a Multi-block, i hold my breath for that dauntless roll to go through. But is it over-powered?... i don't think so. The odd's are against you succeding. And in most cases, really against you actually getting the skill combo.

If a non-chaos team get's a Multi/Dauntless player... is it really overbalancing? You can say the same about any great combination of skills, but like most of those combo's, theres plenty of ways around it... (please don't foul my poor azeban Confused )

And besides, if you come across a team that has multiple multi-daunting players (chaos would be the most likely)... either play them, or refuse, if it's really that big of an issue to you.

Personally, i think the Risk vs. Reward on this skill combo is equal. If you take a bigger risk, you should get a better reward.
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2003 - 06:01 Reply with quote Back to top

nix wrote:
Att: Mr_klipp

First u go on and on about peoples rules lawyering, while being the biggest rules lawyer urself. .

Look up the definition of the term if you want to use it.

nix wrote:

Then When u lose argumentation, AND some1 points to an official FAQ on the matter. U suddenly make it about the combo being overpowered. "sigh"

Yeah, you see, if you actually pay attention, someone else was the one who said it was overpowered, I just said it was an easy combo to get for a player with strength access.

nix wrote:

Dont know why I bother wrighting this tho, U r not realy one of those guys willing to face there own mistakes.

I didn't make a mistake, nor did I lose the argument. The argument was that the rules as written in the LRB do not allow the combo to work. The fact that they decided in a FAQ later to make it work has no bearing on the initial argument, which was based on the rules in the book.

Frenzy uses the same wording, "an opponent", and in the same FAQ they say that that combo doesn't work, so they are not even being consistant in ruling.

The Finishing Touch
the_grey_ghost

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2003 - 07:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that we are looking at the rules very closely but not the practicalities. A dauntless player has totally psyched himself out so that he is ready to ram into a humungous ogre or so forth. Why could he have not psyched himself out enough to ram into two different people? I personally think that the problem does not lie with Dauntless being used to ram two people and one dice being rolled. It is with the assist being used against both players when it only applies to one due to both players being treated as the one block. You look at this practically how does the assisting nudge help offbalance the other player.

I suggest that the answer is to treat them as the one block whereby if there is only one assist on one player, then that only applies to that player not the entire block! Unless there is an assist on both players then the extra dice cannot be used. an easy way to implement this on the client would be to round down assists when using multiple block.
Zen

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2003 - 07:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I was just wondering.......... do we know excatly how many players are there out there with this combo? My guess is that less than 0.5% of FUMBBL players have this combo........ so if this percentage is so small... why bother arguing or even racking brains whether we should nerf the combo or not through the wonderfully written JavaBowl.

ps: I was bored.. hence I posted. cheers
Riilthorne

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2003 - 10:08 Reply with quote Back to top

My 1 cent is that to block 2 people you need a higher roll.

Good luck to them Smile
 Jump to: