43 coaches online • Server time: 17:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Twahn

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2003 - 01:09 Reply with quote Back to top

More forfeiting in the dodgy South East division...

Creepers defeat Exiled House 3-0
walkover...

Frillnecks defeat Prince Reagents 3-0
walkover...

-Burtoni and Tweakfu are scheduled to play their game tonight.

-Clay and Rennigeb tried but failed to play last night (now that Renni has returned from his honeymoon), but I'm confident they will soon.

-Snakefield is still waiting for the AWOL PLATYPUS, but given this game is not holding anything up, we'll give them a couple of extra days...

And that's it. No further overdue games. Let's all get stuck into some Bowl, like in the good old days! Very Happy

Last edited by Twahn on %b %09, %2003 - %01:%Dec; edited 2 times in total
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2003 - 01:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Rennigeb did not show last night, but the scheduling was tentative if he could get away from his new wife... *ahem* Smile

I probably won't be on myself until Friday night (possibly vry late Thursday) as Wednesday is my birthday and I will be with my wife and littl'ns so I think we will have to wait for a few days yet to resolve the Dragons - Anvils clash...
cataphract

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2003 - 00:16 Reply with quote Back to top

did something whack just happen with the ladder points?

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2003 - 00:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Yup. I just moved all the quitters to 0 points (Zons, Guard, and Legion) so that they'll be doen the bottom where they belong...

Also updated for the Adelaide Anvils' glorious defeat of those Blue Mountain Dragons last night! Smile

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
Davosaurus

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2003 - 00:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Seems so. The barrels of that forfeit gun must be running red hot. Three forfeits in the eastern regionals more than a week before the deadline. Not that I care and it is probably fair enough. Twahn must have kicked those teams that forfeited out of the comp.
Twahn

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2003 - 01:13 Reply with quote Back to top

It's not fair on the teams who have had forfeits to let teams that have not shown for 2 or more games in a row keep playing. The Regionals are in a sorry state and it's pretty much just a case of getting them over with so that the committed teams can rejoin for season 2 and have a far better time of it.

Faulcon

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2003 - 14:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Well Slumbering Skink defeated Thunder Blessing 2-0 today, despite ending the match with just the krox and 4 saurus on the pitch. After electing to receive the ball, Lev-ler-nae celebrated his return match by badly hurting a troll slayer, but the next turn saw him badly hurt himself along with a second skink. Fortunately new recruit Qnchdooieoe was on hand to collect the bouncing ball, and in the next turn dodged away from a longbeard to score the first. A touchback on the kickoff gave Thunder a good chance to reply, but they were unable to break through, falling on a failed gfi to lose possession. Qnchdooieoe once more on the spot nabbed the loose ball from under the nose of an opponent and then in two turns and with no rerolls ran 20 squares with 4 gfi, 4 dodges (including two from a tackler) to score an amazing individual effort under the posts right on half time. Early in the second half the third skink was carried off the field badly hurt but the lizards were able to tie up the ball successfully. When Qnchdooieoe was removed from the field knocked out the lizards gave up any pretence at playing the ball and moved to spoiling the dwarven attempts to score. These were successful though a saurus was KOd by the crowd after being pushed out and the dwarves fumbled a pickup on the line to miss out on a consolation td.

Qnchdooieoe showed great agility and obviously benefited from this as he gained +AG after his first match while blocker Ltrrsl was voted mvp and has trained his strength to enable him to break opponent tackles with brute force. The other saurus and krox remain sadly unskilled.
whitey

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2003 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

If the Skink can manage an 8-0 win next round, they'll tie up top spot...
Twahn

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2003 - 02:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Carlton United vs. Zen Adepts!!!

Duke Snakefield vs. Brother Mindful!!!

Round 13 is here and it's time for the Big Boys to fight it out for the Crowning Glory of any team's Blood Bowl career... The Title.

The Adepts are strongly outclassed in terms of Team Strength, but Carlton have historically never performed well against a Block Heavy team like this one.
Victory gives each club a good chance at the Prize of Prizes... Defeat could see both fail to qualify for next Season's Premier Division...

Whose Conviction will prove the stronger? Which team will come through with the goods? How many Hobgoblins does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

Find out TONIGHT, game time is 10.00pm Melbourne/Sydney time...

Last edited by Twahn on %b %15, %2003 - %04:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
neverborn

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2003 - 04:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm back and i hope to play dark lord sometime this week so that the regional will finally be finished.

Despite winning all my games so far bring it zon are currently in first place, and a loss could see me finish a low as third! So plenty will be on the line!
vigil

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2003 - 07:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't forget TONIGHT should also see the final Gentlemen game vs the illustious Darkfall Sinners! 9.00pm Melbourne/Sydney time.

One way or another tonight ends with a firm favourite for SWL champion - be it Brother Mindful, Dorian Gray, Duke Snakefield or Xavius Poisonbane. So be there for these two epic matches!
neverborn

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2003 - 11:07 Reply with quote Back to top

the game was played, nuffle hates me and it ended in a draw.

I suffered two last turn niggles to sour the game even further.

However, i did manage to win the SWL SouthEast Regional Division in season one, by a massive margin of one point!
Twahn

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2003 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Too much pressure in the race for the Title? Foul Zen magics? Maybe just a lack of Duke?

Who can say what caused the complete breakdown of coordination and playing talent that occured in the Carlton boys last night as they went down to the Adepts 2-1 in what was, nonetheless, a typically gutsy struggle.

The loss is pretty sure to see United fail to qualify for next season's Premier Division, though it's assured a place in the same for their opponents.

Sweeping alterations are being made to the qualifying rules as we speak to turn this around. There's got to be some reason to be bothered with whole Commish thing, doesn't there? Wink

Looks like the Title's still up for grabs, with all to be decided by the League vs. Sinners match up that didn't happen last night...

ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2003 - 23:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Dead rubber match between the Blue Mountain Dragons and the Warlizards is on tonight at something like 9:30 / 10:00pm tonight...

Should be interesting as both teams, with nothing of note to play for, may try some trick plays... some long bombs are sure to be seen tonight... well at least from me, those Stunty Skinks couldn't toss an empty beer can if they tried Smile
Faulcon

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2003 - 05:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Ssctuoee begs to differ.
 Jump to: