72 coaches online • Server time: 22:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
jarvis_pants

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2009 - 08:09
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Let me start by saying i love blackbox for noobs like me its an excellent way to get similar matched games at least it eliminates alot of the picking that goes on in R.

Being relatively new i still use tried and proven http://fumbbl.com/help:RaceStrategy

To create new teams. However a number of these teams i have put into B have been decimated or more experienced coaches tell me that nobody uses that line up anymore.

Was wondering if the pages could be changed to add a optimum blackbox squad. Or a black box rating for each of the setups.

Thanks.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2009 - 08:11 Reply with quote Back to top

8 mummies

3 DP skelingtons

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2009 - 08:18
FUMBBL Staff

Then give the mummies frenzy right?

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2009 - 08:26 Reply with quote Back to top

no. dp.

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2009 - 08:57 Reply with quote Back to top

jarvis_pants wrote:

Was wondering if the pages could be changed to add a optimum blackbox squad. Or a black box rating for each of the setups.
Thanks.

Feel free to contribute there. Find out what is good and write it down.

Actually, I always saw these lineups as guides to quickly build a team so you can play. YOUR lineup needs to suit you, not anyone else. Try to find that, it is why more useful in developing your playing style and setup.

E.g. I have been playing dark elves for ages... nearly as long as there is fumbbl online and way before that on TT. I looked at the DE rosters and thought: "Well they are not bad, but not what I want to do." So I tweaked it to suit me.

Do that and learn.

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2009 - 09:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't be discouaraged

In my opinion a lot of the Rosters in the help section are still pretty valid especially for the newer player.

If you are fairly new it may be worth playing a fair few Academy or Unranked games against more experienced coaches and ask for some constructive feedback on your playstyle.
jarvis_pants

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2009 - 09:12
FUMBBL Staff

Thanks for the advise i see that the rosters still seem pretty good i was really thinking a "blackbox specific started pack" lineup i got no problem putting my ideas forward but they will be very wrong Razz as can be seen from my win ratio.

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2009 - 09:22 Reply with quote Back to top

i doubt said ratio is due primarily to starting roster choice

Very Happy

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2009 - 11:47
FUMBBL Staff

Ohhhh the burn! Drop and roll, drop and roll.

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2009 - 11:59 Reply with quote Back to top

hidden clue: if you are able to win games, reduce your FF, and don't start at very high FF, it might work well

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2009 - 12:23 Reply with quote Back to top

hidden clue: if you are able to win games, start with a high FF, and watch it skyrocket, it might work well
pythrr

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2009 - 12:26 Reply with quote Back to top

... but which hidden clue is right?

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2009 - 12:45 Reply with quote Back to top

neither, sk8bcn uses a number phonetically in his his name, so his judgment cannot be trusted. And a quick check of my record indicates that I am rubbish at this game, thus my judgment cannot be trusted. By a simple process of elimination, the true hidden clue is to not win games.
jarvis_pants

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2009 - 13:08
FUMBBL Staff

Ok bored at work so i started with a few teams i know quite well anyone want to add there team ideas please do.

JARVIS PANTS BLACKBOX ORK SPECIAL

1 Troll
4 Black Orks
3 Blitzers
3 Linemen
2 RR
7 FF

A bashy dream team 4 blockers and a troll means 5 players with 4+ strength. 3 Blitzers as ball carriers the linemen are to create tackle zones. Don’t worry about the 7FF as all your players are now AV9. An apo should be on your list soon. Stay clear of the thrower he is slow MA5 and lower armor opponents will target him. Better to take sure hands on a blitzer or lineman. I like this lineup without goblins or throwers as it keeps the whole team AV9.

JARVIS PANTS BLACKBOX AMAZON SPECIAL

4 Blitzers
8 Linewomen
Apo
3 RR
7FF

AV 7 =DEATH so a apo and 12 players is a chance at staying alive. Leave the throwers and catchers as they will be dp magnets and burn rr’s. Save the rr for dodging line peeps and failed blocks and try the running game.

JARVIS PANTS BLACKBOX CHAOS SPECIAL

3 Warriors
8 Beast
Apo
2 RR
3 FF

Why the apo because av8 beasts love to die a dp will take your AV to 6 and who needs FF your apo should save you having to save for the extra player. By the way coaches cant decline games so feel free to load up on claw and RSC like I need to tell you. That’s why your playing box right!

JARVIS PANTS BLACKBOX DARK ELF SPECIAL

3 Blitzers
8 Linemen
Apo or RR
9 FF

Advantages 3 players starting with block and very quickly dodge making them nice ma7 blodgers. I would take the Apo rather than the rr even with av8 players will be hurt stay clear of throwers all your players have AG4 so these are a waist. Also be carefull of witch elves AV7 and frenzy makes these DP targets.

JARVIS PANTS BLACKBOX GOBLIN SPECIAL

12 Goblins
5 rr
Apo
Nobbla and Fungus
9ff
10k Cash

Lets race it trolls suck. Same st as a mummie and bh will drive u mad so get rid of them. Much better is Loads of gobbies with loads of rr’s a apo for when they fail that dodge and Nobba and fungus. Fungus is very underrated sure he'll eat your rr’s but stick him on LOS and watch the dwarfs crap themselves. Can also be useful for pushing your own players out of TZ he also keeps people distracted long enough for nobbla to get his chainsaw going. Pray for few cas and spend cash on more gobos and more fungus or nobbla.
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2009 - 14:01 Reply with quote Back to top

OK... I had my doubts when I saw the no-RR elves.. but after reading the gobbos I know you are just kidding and trying to missguide noobs.
 Jump to: