55 coaches online • Server time: 23:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2009 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

clarkin wrote:
I think it would be key to have this ready for initial testing before the official BB game goes fully live - if possible

um...

....why?....

when will people come to grips with the fact that the cyanide game is *not* competition in any way shape or form?....

--j

ImageImage
SeraphimRed

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2009 - 17:12 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
clarkin wrote:
I think it would be key to have this ready for initial testing before the official BB game goes fully live - if possible

um...

....why?....

when will people come to grips with the fact that the cyanide game is *not* competition in any way shape or form?....

--j

/Agree

Enhance YOUR FUMBBL

JockMcRowdy

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2009 - 17:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Possibly asked elsewhere but I'm lazy.

Will this new client mean that the site will start to fully move towards lrb5 with restructuring of leagues or are you aiming to simply develop the lrb5 division, I would be very interested in using the new client and playing online with the lrb5 ruleset, but I still consider lbr 4 a superior rules edition.

Oh and with only 8 (i think) teams coming out the box the Cyanide game is going to be weak, there will be months of teething problems anyway no matter how much its beta'd

If you are interested in joining please get in touch.
floppeditbackwards

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2009 - 18:37 Reply with quote Back to top

i would also like to help test this
BroadAsImLong

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2009 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

not sure when some people "decided" that cyanide's game wont be competition. i think that it will.

B
funnyfingers

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2009 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I definitely will be buying Blood Bowl for XBox 360.
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2009 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

BroadAsImLong wrote:
not sure when some people "decided" that cyanide's game wont be competition. i think that it will.

B

um...because the two games offer different environments....

not to mention that the cyanide game isn't even a complete game, nor will it be upon release....

what about people that want to play delfs or norse?....they'll definitely be picking up cya..wait a minute...

while yes, there will be a few people who leave fumbbl for cyanide, it will not make an impact to the user base here....

fumbbl is recruiting new players every day, and that won't cease just because someone else releases a product that, in the version that is scheduled to be released, is inferior to fumbbl...

this site has been around for what...6+ years now?...it's not going anywhere....

--j

ImageImage
floppeditbackwards

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2009 - 20:07 Reply with quote Back to top

if fumbbl doesn't have a usable lrb5 client when cyanides game comes out, it is quite likely that I will never visit this site again and i have heard a lot of people say the same

the idea that cyanide's game won't be competing with this site for players is blatantly ridiculous
peikko

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2009 - 20:22 Reply with quote Back to top

floppeditbackwards wrote:
the idea that cyanide's game won't be competing with this site for players is blatantly ridiculous

Beeing a beta tester for cyanide game Im happy to be blatantly ridiculous about this personally.
SeraphimRed

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2009 - 20:28 Reply with quote Back to top

peikko wrote:

Beeing a beta tester for cyanide game Im happy to be blatantly ridiculous about this personally.

Ditto.

Unless there's a radical change to the Cyanide offering the two will be rather different beasts.
The casual player may opt for Cyanides version whereas those that are here for the community and versatility will still play here.

I find the notion of anyone who believes there will be a mass exodus quite ridiculous.
Everyone wants something a little different from their Blood Bowl experience.

Enhance YOUR FUMBBL

Last edited by SeraphimRed on %b %22, %2009 - %20:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
floppeditbackwards

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2009 - 20:30 Reply with quote Back to top

i didn't say mass exodus. just competition.
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2009 - 21:31 Reply with quote Back to top

if fumbbl doesn't have a usable lrb5 client when cyanides game comes out, it is quite likely that I will never visit this site again and i have heard a lot of people say the same

ok...

have fun only playing 8 races...

i think the rest of us will enjoy playing a complete product, instead of not even 50%....

as peikko said....being a beta-tester, i'll be quite happy with "blatantly ridiculous" ideas...seeing as how it's not as ridiculous as you put it up to be...

cyanide is not competition, nor will it be until they have a complete product that offers *all* races at a minimum....which isn't even on the schedule...

for those of us who like playing other races like pro elves, delfs, amazons, rotters, norse, chaos dorfs, etc etc....we'll be sure to jump all over that cyanide project right?.....

--j

ImageImage
JockMcRowdy

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2009 - 22:06 Reply with quote Back to top

my favourite races by some distance are high elves and necro, which i dont think are present, so I wont contemplate purchasing until they are there. With the feedback they got from us at the GT last year I find the only 8 teams out the box a deal breaker.

Anyone want to take a stab at answering my questions a few posts back, or should I search on other threads?

If you are interested in joining please get in touch.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2009 - 10:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I too am a beta tester and enjoy the product but the "community" atmosphere is a bit lacking... I actually had a network failing disconnect during one game and the game was simply abandoned. No ability to reconnect and recommence the game... the disconnect was at my end and only in turn 2 of the game, so no big deal, but what if it was a league game and an early death had occurred?

I will say that the artwork in the beta test does have a Dark Elf character... they will come eventually.

Also the game takes alot longer... you can get a fumbbl game done reasonably quickly, but with the cut away scenes, the nature of the controls makes piece maneuvering being a bit more cumbersome the game can take the same time as a table top game. Not a huge time difference, but a difference nonetheless.

And all the fluff and history of fumbbl simply wont disappear.

In my mind they're valid competitors and I will play BOTH.
Calcium

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2009 - 10:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I can see an initial drop of players from FUMBBL, and when the cyanide crashes & burns on multiplayer online (which I think it will) then FUMBBL will once again stabalise. Such is the way of things.

We all like a shiny new toy initially, then we go back to our favourite 6 yr old toy and the shiny new one collects dust.

However, I'm open to both games. The last time I was as 1 sided about an issue is when I had a Spectrum+ and hated Commodore64's by default...