38 coaches online • Server time: 13:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2009 - 10:26 Reply with quote Back to top

JockMcRowdy wrote:
Possibly asked elsewhere but I'm lazy.

Will this new client mean that the site will start to fully move towards lrb5 with restructuring of leagues or are you aiming to simply develop the lrb5 division, I would be very interested in using the new client and playing online with the lrb5 ruleset, but I still consider lbr 4 a superior rules edition.

As far as I have understood, there will be a LRB5 division at first to test. When the client is final, the official divisions ([R], [B] and [U]) will move to LRB 5 and the LRB5 testing division will be replaced by a LRB4 division. What happens to [L] is up for grabs.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2009 - 16:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Spectrums rocked Smile

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
BloodBowlNutter

Post   Posted: May 04, 2009 - 12:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd love to test the cilent as I love LRB5 and LRB4 does my head in at times!!
Booch

Post   Posted: May 04, 2009 - 18:59 Reply with quote Back to top

If you're still looking for testers for the new client I'll be happy to help out!
frattibalboa

Post   Posted: May 09, 2009 - 10:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Booch wrote:
If you're still looking for testers for the new client I'll be happy to help out!

Me too
Ludovicious

Post   Posted: May 09, 2009 - 11:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Why are you guys signing up for testing? Wont this become public? /Points to this http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=16069
mighty_scoop

Post   Posted: May 12, 2009 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi LRB5-Fumbbler,

just wanted to ask if it's already possible to spectate lrb5 games with the new client. Right at the moment i'm working pretty hard and would enjoy it to take a look at the new client during a break (20 mins or so ... not enough for a game).
Thx for answer

mighty_scoop
McCloud

Post   Posted: May 20, 2009 - 20:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Kalimar : How long till game results get uploaded and teams can progress and earn skills?
Mnemon

Post   Posted: May 21, 2009 - 02:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd guess not before all bugs are out and all the remaining skills and whatever else is missing are added.

-Mnemon
SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: May 21, 2009 - 03:28 Reply with quote Back to top

mighty_scoop wrote:
Hi LRB5-Fumbbler,

just wanted to ask if it's already possible to spectate lrb5 games with the new client. Right at the moment i'm working pretty hard and would enjoy it to take a look at the new client during a break (20 mins or so ... not enough for a game).
Thx for answer

mighty_scoop

yes:
http://fumbbl.com/bbc.jnlp?spectate=1

Post   Posted: May 23, 2009 - 20:59 Reply with quote Back to top

feature request- as i understand we will be able to switch between various player icons etc, will we be able to do the same for pitch sets without having to start up the client, select a new pitch set, close client and then re-start? i'm thinking more towards for custom leagues etc ie in OBBA have a football pitch theme, in Star Wars have a SW theme etc etc
gansus

Post   Posted: May 24, 2009 - 11:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Er, i tried the link to spectate games, but it just tells me i have no matches open. Dunno if the problem is that there are no other matches being played at the moment or what. But, if the problem is exactly what the msg in the client says, then it makes no sense: i dont want to spectate my own games, but other people's

Any explanations, please?
Melmoth

Post   Posted: May 24, 2009 - 12:39 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:
JockMcRowdy wrote:
Possibly asked elsewhere but I'm lazy.

Will this new client mean that the site will start to fully move towards lrb5 with restructuring of leagues or are you aiming to simply develop the lrb5 division, I would be very interested in using the new client and playing online with the lrb5 ruleset, but I still consider lbr 4 a superior rules edition.

As far as I have understood, there will be a LRB5 division at first to test. When the client is final, the official divisions ([R], [B] and [U]) will move to LRB 5 and the LRB5 testing division will be replaced by a LRB4 division. What happens to [L] is up for grabs.

What about the "Old" teams then? Stickin to R and trasferred to LRB 5 ? Or resting in LRB 4 Division?
Kraark

Post   Posted: May 24, 2009 - 14:30 Reply with quote Back to top

.I dont think anything is really decided yet, as the client is really not that close to being a finished version. But I do figure teams could be changed over to their "new" counterparts. But I doubt it, would just take to much time when it really isnt that much of a bother to start over with a new team.

Post   Posted: May 24, 2009 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Some (if not most) teams don't REALLY need a transfer. But teams with history (Sleeper, Hellfishes, Bloodsea, Hellbound, etc.) can't just be restarted.