42 coaches online • Server time: 11:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BlackBart

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2009 - 02:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Yah, while we are on the subject of rules implementation, one thing that has always bothered me about the current client is it does not follow the proper rules for the Pro skill. Mainly being that you are supposed to be able to re-roll the actual Pro roll if it fails. Please implement this correctly, as it seriously nerfs Pro the way it is currently done.

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2009 - 02:48 Reply with quote Back to top

mwilli72 wrote:
... Shouldn't these stakes also give a +3 to a cas roll against any player (no matter what team) that has the 'undead' trait? In this case I'm thinking specifically of the Forest Goblin Stikka's going against Strig Lords and Vamplings. ...
<snip>
... Again, it seems to leave out Strig Lords and Vamplings. If it's decided that stakes should help against them also then I'd like to see it be correct in Kalimar's client.

Um, I think you're missing the fact that stunty leeg teams aren't LRB teams, which is why the the rulebook doesn't make reference to forest goblins or strigoyan teams.

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2009 - 15:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there any news on when tests can be started? I am rearing to go!

On1

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2009 - 23:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I used to be an atheist, now i believe in Kalimar.
Khudzlin

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2009 - 08:21 Reply with quote Back to top

BlackBart, the worst nerf to Pro in the client is that it lets you use it only when the player who has it is active: not during the opponent's turn nor for the receiver of a pass (or thrown stunty trying to land)

imo, if you're willing to use a RR on pro, you should consider using the RR on the action in the first place

there are other things that need to be corrected in the client to make it a fully lrb5-compliant client, rather than one full of little quirks (i wouldn't mind a fully lrb4 compliant, either)
Irgy

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2009 - 09:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Khudzlin wrote:
imo, if you're willing to use a RR on pro, you should consider using the RR on the action in the first place

Often true but not always. An example scenario is a last turn desperate play for a td, where you fail an early roll in a long sequence of moves with a pro player. If keeping the reroll increases the chance of success of the rest of the play by more than a factor 1.5 (which it typically will for desperate plays) then you are better off trying to preserve the reroll by using pro.
Khudzlin

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2009 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

hence the word "consider"

my point is that the possibility to use pro on a non-active player, including in the opponent's turn, has far more impact than the possibility to reroll pro
mwilli72

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2009 - 19:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Emrys: Yes, you're right, I had forgotten about that. I would still like to see the Stab action get the modifier against any undead in the new client though.
stej

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2009 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Out of interest, what, if any, statistics will the new client log for post match analysis? I'd quite like to see a table of number of rolls with cchance of success X vs successful rolls at that chance of success etc. Id also like to see a breakdown of what block results you get, number of armour breaks vs rolls etc etc.
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2009 - 20:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Developer Update:

Sorry for being so silent during the last couple of days, but first Christer than me were on vacation around the easter holidays. We're both back to work now and had in fact a very productive session today.

The client opens up with a single click on fumbbl and I was able to play my first game using the server running on the site with teams and icons coming from the site.

I'm currently setting up proper logging to be able to respond and fix all the hickups your tests are certainly going to dig up. On the feature side I'm working on player and team statistics to have something to show when the game does end. Plus I'm testing to improve stability to a point where I trust the code enough to let you all give it a spin ...

Last edited by Kalimar on %b %24, %2009 - %20:%Apr; edited 2 times in total
Alf115

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2009 - 20:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the update.
WardenUSA

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2009 - 21:01 Reply with quote Back to top

AWE-some!
McCloud

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2009 - 21:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the update!
Royston

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2009 - 21:18 Reply with quote Back to top