33 coaches online • Server time: 09:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2009 - 11:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello to all you BloodBowl Fans out there,

as the new LRB5 Client is getting closer to its first public testing (my best guess right now is the second week of May) there are some things that I still need but cannot provide myself.

Perhaps some talented individuals from the community could help me with missing icons and sounds. Those icons and sounds I do have right now are all borrowed from the old client and I don't even have an idea who designed them (perhaps someone of you knows ?).

What I need:

1) Sidebar Icons

I only have an icon for the apothecary, the wizard and "Get The Ref" so far. Those icons are 50 x 40 pixels in size. I'm not particular fond of those 3 so if anyone does a full set in a completely different style it'll be fine with me. Icons are mainly needed for inducements (see LRB5 Rulebook on pg. 28 ) Bloodweiser Babes, Bribes, Halfling Master Chef and Igor plus those mentioned above (so 7 in total).

2) More sounds

Spectators (and players) in the new client can currently make the very same noises as in the old one. That's /cheer, /boo and /hurt. Those sounds are WAV files of less than 100K in size. I miss a /ref command playing a "ref, reeeeef, reeeeeeef" call or an /evillaughter playing, well, an evil laughter. Or what else you can think of. I don't want to go overboard there, but some more variety would be great.

3) Player icons and portraits

Several teams got completely new player types in LRB5 that I don't have icons for yet. Those teams are Norse, Goblins, Dark Elves, Ogres and Nurgle. For each player the client needs 4 icons: home team (red) standing and moving, away team (blue) standing and moving. Icons sizes are fixed 28 x 28 for "normal sized" players, 38 x 38 for Big Guys and 20 x 20 for Stunties. Portraits are exactly 114 x 177 in size.

3a) Norse

The Norse team has 3 new player types: Runners (normal), Ulfwerener (normal) and Snow Troll (Big Guy). Here is what the current player icons look like:

and here are their portraits:

3b) Goblins

The Goblin team has converted several Star Players to regular roster entries, namely Bombardier (was: Bomber Dribblesnot), Looney (was: Nobbla Blackwart), Fanatic (was: Fungus the Loon) and Pogoer (was: Scrappa Sorehead). Regular Goblins are Stunties, so they are 20 x 20 in size. The Goblins with secret wepaons are still stunty but 28 x 28 (normal) in size because otherwise too much detail is lost. So the icons look good (just using the old star player icons):

but portraits are wrong (mainly the titles):

3c) Dark Elves

Dark Elves have 2 new player types: Runners (normal) and Assassins (normal). For Assassins I can probably reuse the Horkon Heartripper icons but should runners really look like the old throwers ?

and the current portraits:

3d) Ogres

Ogres get Snotlings instead of Goblins which are even smaller (titchy) but should still use the 20 x 20 size I guess. I have no idea how they should look like though - isn't there a snottling team in Stunty Leeg ? But there - if I remeber correctly - Snotlings are several small players in one field.

3e) Nurgle

The Nurgle team redifines Rotters as Zombies with Decay and Nurgle's Rot (plus access to Mutations), as such they would need a new icon, I think. Pestigors are basically Beastman, but as they have Nurgle's Rot as well they should look a bit different from the "typical" Beastman as well. And the old Rotters are called "Nurgle Warriors" now.

and the portraits:

Thank you for your help,
Kalimar

ModEdit: removed unintentional smiley. --veron

<Edit: missing Images added>

Last edited by Kalimar on Apr 15, 2010 - 11:35; edited 7 times in total
Khudzlin

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2009 - 12:30 Reply with quote Back to top

yes, there are Snotlings in Stunty Leeg

there are also Goblin Cheaters, who are Goblins with on-roster special weapons (Chainsaw, Pogoer, Fanatic) -- i have a feeling the lrb5 Goblins have been inspired by them, so using those icons/portraits would be very appropriate

you can also take a look at the icons used by Deaf's client

and don't forget Nurgle among the teams that have new player types:
Rotters are now the linemen
Pestigors are like the old Beastmen (but maybe they should look different)
Nurgle Warriors are like the old Rotters
the Beast stays the same
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2009 - 12:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I would be a little careful with the sounds that are introduced.

The 2 you mention sound nice enough, but anything that borders on giving advice to players such as /foul, should be avoided.
DonTomaso

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2009 - 12:41 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:

The 2 you mention sound nice enough, but anything that borders on giving advice to players such as /foul, should be avoided.

Seconded.

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2009 - 12:42 Reply with quote Back to top

For Goblins i recommend the icons of Goblin cheaters. You can find them here: Ultimate FUMBBL Pack

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2009 - 12:47 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:

boooooooooooo... i strongly disagree....

every interaction can be understood as some kind of advice.....
on fumbbl you can chat with whoever you like anyhow all the time... it's good to keep the spectators commentary separated but it's a total shot over the edge to disallow Specs to the say they want fouls.... of course they want fouls!... speccs always want fouls....

....if you would make a sound for "don't foul" that would be sth else... it's also not reasonable because if people in a stadium would start crying "don't foul" all of a sudden the players on the field most likeley would just hear "foul" fouL"

....please make this game even more awsome then Skijunkies really awsome client was and put more sounds into it....
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2009 - 12:53 Reply with quote Back to top

If you're going to use the Cheater icons, they might well look a bit weird with those other icons you're planning to use.

Best off using the old icons as a complete set?

Worth a try..... Wink

And I agree with Duke on sounds.
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2009 - 12:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
Best off using the old icons as a complete set?

Well it's all a matter of personal taste of course, but I find most of the aforementioned set pretty ugly myself. I do like the icons used by the old client in general, however. So I would rather complete this icon set. But - as I mentioned - I have no idea who did those and whom I could approach for this. Therefor this posting ...

<Spelling edited>

Last edited by Kalimar on Apr 30, 2009 - 13:27; edited 2 times in total
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2009 - 13:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Fair dos. Was worth a try, I can't stand the new ones. Wink

No doubt I'll be able to tweak it on my machine at a later stage anyway.

It's a shame BlackNWhiteDog hasn't been around for a bit, he'd be a great place to start.
RC

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2009 - 13:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Lets get a Arnie "Get to da choppa" sound byte. I don't know how usefull it would be but dam funny Very Happy

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2009 - 13:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Working in other version with bigger player and in the Snow troll Wink
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2009 - 15:12 Reply with quote Back to top

@Ivaneitor: more of that, please! Very Happy

Where did the miniature come from ? Are there official LRB5 miniatures ? I thought Games Workshop somewhat stopped supplying the game before LRB5 ...
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2009 - 15:16 Reply with quote Back to top

And while we are at useless filmquotes - I want a 'Did you get the memo?' from Office Space.
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2009 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Just to clear this up: the sounds - just as the icons - need to be original creations. So if you are going to create a sound with a movie quote at all (which I actually wouldn't prefer) you need to do it in your own voice not record it from the movie in question.
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2009 - 15:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I can take photos of my Nurgle team to make playerpics from.

Hopefully this can be done during this weekend.
 Jump to: