36 coaches online • Server time: 11:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Dodge
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kalimar

Post   Posted: May 09, 2009 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

@Nighteye: thanks for the input! Could you make your postings proper bug reports as defined here, please? Helps with the tracking.
Nighteye

Post   Posted: May 09, 2009 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Kalimar wrote:
@Nighteye: thanks for the input! Could you make your postings proper bug reports as defined here, please? Helps with the tracking.

Sure, i was just under the impression we should post all reports here.
Kalimar

Post   Posted: May 09, 2009 - 18:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Nighteye wrote:
Sure, i was just under the impression we should post all reports here.

Sorry for the confusion. There were conflicting posts between me and Christer on that topic, but we sorted that out.
gansus

Post   Posted: May 09, 2009 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

This is a question about the LRB5 client and not reporting a but, but it might be interesting for more people and future developing: is it possible to espectate matches, same as before? Where should we find the matches being played to do so???
BlackBart

Post   Posted: May 09, 2009 - 22:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Another question, will it be possible to play offline, hotseat style?

Post   Posted: May 09, 2009 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Theres a Q&A thread for these sort of question. Look further down in this forum.
On1

Post   Posted: May 10, 2009 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok whenever your opponents needs to make a choice i notice you get a little pop-up telling you what opponent is doing.

This pop-up has an "ok" button, clicking the "ok" button will remove the pop-up. This is the basics, but please consider the problems that might arise from having this button. Let's say i block an opponent that has sidestep. A pop-up would appear "waiting for opponent to sidestep" let's say i want to click "ok" to that . But then right before i click "ok", opponent makes his sidestep the pop-up disappears and instead i click "yes" to follow up.. This is not what i wanted to click Smile

another example: Coin toss. "Waiting for opponent to choose heads or tails" i try to click "ok" to remove the pop-up. but "oh noes!!" opponent just chose head and lost the toss... i now accidentally clicked "kick" and opponent is receiving. Grrrr... stupid pop-up Smile

(and yes i know i could just learn from this, and not click the "ok" button.)

My solution to the problem, would be to make the pop-up semi-transparent, with no interaction available. (no "ok" button)

Good work Christer and Kalimar. Me likes the effort!
Nighteye

Post   Posted: May 10, 2009 - 19:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Kalimar have you been updating the client? It feels like quite a few of the bugs we have been reported so far are now gone. It would really help us if some changelog is posted.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: May 10, 2009 - 19:42 Reply with quote Back to top

On1 wrote:

My solution to the problem, would be to make the pop-up semi-transparent, with no interaction available. (no "ok" button)

or you could just remove it all along since it doesn't help anyhow but blocks the sight on the screen...
Kalimar

Post   Posted: May 10, 2009 - 20:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Nighteye wrote:
Kalimar have you been updating the client? It feels like quite a few of the bugs we have been reported so far are now gone. It would really help us if some changelog is posted.

Nope, not yet. I will keep you informed. I've been working on a lot of bugs and I am getting ready to rollout soon. Thanks for your excellent reports by the way. Your reproducing of certain errors has been most helpful!
Nighteye

Post   Posted: May 10, 2009 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Kalimar wrote:
Nighteye wrote:

Nope, not yet. I will keep you informed. I've been working on a lot of bugs and I am getting ready to rollout soon. Thanks for your excellent reports by the way. Your reproducing of certain errors has been most helpful!

ah ok. Ive just seen stuff we had problem with yesterday suddenly working today. Mainly throwins and touchbacks
On1

Post   Posted: May 10, 2009 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
On1 wrote:

or you could just remove it all along since it doesn't help anyhow but blocks the sight on the screen...

Yeah wreckage, perhaps just show the "waiting" info in the info window?
Ludovicious

Post   Posted: May 10, 2009 - 22:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok. now Ive tested two different linux, Debian and Mint, both latest version, both with at least 1.6+ java versions.

My problem is that I dont see icons for handling turns and the dice icons (i can click them though, but imagine yourself closing your eyes every time you chose a block die... not funny. Other than that, the game seems to run smooth. Sound is a bit off at time too though.

So dear fellow linux users. please report back if you have any ideas for a solution or a fix for this.
gansus

Post   Posted: May 11, 2009 - 12:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I suppose i am totally dumb, as i thought i could start a game simply by clicking on the "Alphatest" button next to one of my d5 teams. But i then get one window with the client and no team on any side, and i cant "create game" or whatever, as only choice in "game" many is "game statistics". Can someone plz help me??????
Ludovicious

Post   Posted: May 11, 2009 - 13:51 Reply with quote Back to top

To Gansus

1. you have to have an opponent.
2. you and your opponent agree to a game name.
3. fill in your password
4. you both type that game name where it says game.
5. you both then create the game.
 Jump to: