50 coaches online • Server time: 17:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BlackBart

Post   Posted: May 09, 2009 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Some of you may have an error when you try to launch the client. Which says basically cant launch, if you click details it shows something like this:

An error occurred while launching/running the application.

Title: BloodBowlClient
Vendor: www.balancedbytes.com
Category: Launch File Error

Unsupported JNLP version in launch file: 6.0+. Only versions 1.0 and 1.5 are supported with this version. Please contact the application vendor to report this problem.

----------
This occurs if you are using an older version of java... this can happen even if you have the newest version installed, because for some reason if you install a new version of java, it keeps the old versions too. So this can cause these problems.

To fix this you may need to goto your web browser's options and point it to the new version of java under mime types x-java-jnlp.

If you use opera web browser you can fix this by going to:

Preferences|Advanced|Downloads

Scroll to application/x-java-jnlp-file and edit it to goto the proper version of javaws.exe

I am not sure about other web browsers.

Post   Posted: May 09, 2009 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

As a further note.. please keep in mind that the SkiJunkies version does NOT work with the latest version of java very well.

Post   Posted: May 10, 2009 - 12:47 Reply with quote Back to top

there is also an option to go to the folder where latest version of java is installed, then in \bin folder, then runing javacpl.exe

under java tab you can choose lower view button (there are two Very Happy) and chose which version of java will be enabled (or disabled)

Post   Posted: May 11, 2009 - 11:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Er, dunno if this has to do with the problem or not: i click on "Alphatest" in the fumbbl overview but it then shows the client window, but with no players on it at all (i cant chose opponent team or whatever, either). Any ideas????
gansus

Post   Posted: May 11, 2009 - 11:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, and the window says conexion established, too... To be precise, it says this :

BloodBowlClient Version 0.2.0
Connecting to fumbbl.com/213.64.182.36:2223 ...
Connection established.
BlackBart

Post   Posted: May 12, 2009 - 01:10 Reply with quote Back to top

That just means it is waiting for you to start a game, you and your opponent must both put in the same game name for it to start.

Post   Posted: May 12, 2009 - 01:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I think I had the same issue earlier gansus where the Start/Join game dialog just doesn't ever show up (despite saying connected) so you're left with only the main client window.

Seems to be showing up now though. *shrug*

Enhance YOUR FUMBBL

Nighteye

Post   Posted: May 12, 2009 - 12:21 Reply with quote Back to top

If you are using any non english letters you wont be able to start up a game. Might be the problem too.
SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: May 13, 2009 - 03:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, i am working now for days to be able to run the client. The problem is that there is no official Java 1.6 for Apple PPC-s (i have an iBook G4 PPC).

First i installed Virtual PC to be able to run Windows XP emulated, but it is slow as hell (to see the control panel takes appr. 1.5 mins).

Then i found (i was so glad first) and installed the one and only development version of Java 1.6 which was hard to find:

OP: Mac OS X 10.4.11 (Tiger)

java -version:
Code:
java version "1.6.0-dp"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0-dp-b88-34)
Java HotSpot(TM) Core VM (build 1.6.0-b88-17-release, interpreted mode, sharing)

Unfortunatly the client doesn't run with it.

Now im thinking on removing the whole system to be able to install a debian or gentoo linux onto a different partition. The question is: Will the client run with OpenJDK or IBM Java 1.6 PPC?

I will never buy Apple again.

Last edited by SzieberthAdam on %b %13, %2009 - %10:%May; edited 1 time in total
Kraark

Post   Posted: May 13, 2009 - 07:55 Reply with quote Back to top

You can't intal windows 7 RC (Which you should be able to find for free if you search for it) on another partition? I have never used anything other then windows (Shame on me!) so I got no idea how to help you otherwise. Sad

ps. With free I mean that W7 is still in beta and sort of handed out to everyone that want's to test it. It is a Relese Candidate though, so it should be quite stable.

Last edited by Kraark on %b %13, %2009 - %10:%May; edited 1 time in total
SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: May 13, 2009 - 10:48 Reply with quote Back to top

It wont work on powerpc chipset like mine, only on iX86. Linux could be the only solution as i know.

Post   Posted: May 13, 2009 - 12:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I too get this error (Unsupported JNLP version in launch file). I'm using windows XP.

Which version of java should I install that will run the LRB5 alpha client AND the normal LRB4 client?
BlackBart

Post   Posted: May 15, 2009 - 17:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Clarkin,

Im not sure there is a version that can run both. But what you can do is install 2 versions.
I use 1.6.0_07 for the LRB 4 client.
and 1.6.0_13 for the Alpha client.

If you have both versions installed, it is real easy to switch between the 2 versions on the computer.... just goto control panel, and click Java. goto the Java tab, then look under "Java Application Runtime Settings" and click the view button. Then you will be given a choice to pick the version you want to use.

It is much easier than it sounds.

Post   Posted: May 15, 2009 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

The new client will run with any Java 1.6 Version so 1.6.0_07 should be fine. The JNLP enforces 1.6+ so Version 1.6 upwards.
 Jump to: