21 coaches online • Server time: 04:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: May 10, 2009 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Any chance of getting these implemented as they are tournament playable rosters
gandresch

Post   Posted: May 10, 2009 - 13:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I think, this is one of the last steps, after the alpha. When the clients works somehow correctly, the new teams will be available for sure.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: May 11, 2009 - 04:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I second this.
sehou

Post   Posted: May 11, 2009 - 05:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Great, 'cause Slann are a promising breed. Gotta love them ag4 Leap ma 7 catchers!!
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: May 11, 2009 - 15:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I second this!
kn00b

Post   Posted: May 11, 2009 - 15:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the new rosters are garbage and they should've stopped at 12. Wink
Grumbledook

Post   Posted: May 11, 2009 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I asked christer and he said no as they aren't on the games workshop site.

So I then asked when stunty division is getting deleted as it was odd theses are there whilst the pact, slann and underworld are BBRC and NAF approved.

wait and see I guess, I'd like them added fwiw
Kraark

Post   Posted: May 11, 2009 - 18:27 Reply with quote Back to top

The stundy division dosen't really have anything to do with this as it is a fumbbl thingy in its own league and nothing else. However I agree that the new teams should be added as the developers and some if not all of the big tournaments seem to allow them.

However this can be changedwhen the rest of the bugs/layout is fixed or when lrb6 officially come out. I dont really care about any of the teams. They do however bring a unique rookie team layout.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: May 11, 2009 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Plus - aren't these three races LRB5+ or 6 and we're aiming at 5?

In the fullness of time comes all things...
Grumbledook

Post   Posted: May 11, 2009 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

the changes that will be introduced into 6 will be really minor and it is due out in november which I imagine won't be too long after the client is fully ready (if indeed it is ready before LRB6 at all)
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: May 11, 2009 - 19:47 Reply with quote Back to top

True, true. But still, let's get 5 sorted before we go for 5+? May as well.

Boy, if most of 5's alterations were controversial, 6... Whilst there isn't a lot of changes, even I can't defend some of them. Wink

I note your avatar there, Grum, so I hope you get me. LRB5 + is kinda like the ELV's and most people that I read over at TBB are the Aussies. They kinda have a closed minded view to <i>anything</i> that may be a step backwards or kill aspects of the game they are poor at, and some of us lot refuse to acknowledge there can be <i>any</i> good in them. I like to think I'm balanced...

Although, in Rugby, the traditionalists will win becuase we have stroke. In BB, they have a much smaller voice, and never had a chance. Whilst progress comes to them, I can't totally blame them for feeling a bit miffed their undoubted experience and value is ignored.

But anyway.
Gordreg

Post   Posted: May 11, 2009 - 20:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Is it just me who doesn't like the Slann? Since they've got a role as limited numbers of fat old frogs ruling over the Lizardmen and all the old Slann teams got reinvented as lizardman teams, re-introducing them seems something of a retrograde step...
Nighteye

Post   Posted: May 11, 2009 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Gordreg wrote:
Is it just me who doesn't like the Slann? Since they've got a role as limited numbers of fat old frogs ruling over the Lizardmen and all the old Slann teams got reinvented as lizardman teams, re-introducing them seems something of a retrograde step...

You cant really compare the Blood Bowl setting with the normal warhammer fantasy setting. They are 2 different worlds really.
Grumbledook

Post   Posted: May 11, 2009 - 20:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the changes from 4 to 5 and 5 to 6 on the whole, nothing really screams out as horrible in my eyes (unlike stuff in 4)

and yes nighteye is right Bloodbowl is bloodbowl, don't bring warhammer into it!

at the end of the day since the original LRB, the game on the board (or pitch if you like) has essentially remained the same. Finally the handicap system has been sorted out, but blocking, moving around, passing, caging etc is is the same game at the core of it.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: May 11, 2009 - 20:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Indeed, differences aren't huge, it is the same game underneath. I'm not having a go, just saying, they aren't all great or all horrible. I can't abide most of the 5 --> 6 changes, for instance Khemri is a total brainless farce. But it's not like we won't all get on with it anyway. Until they've been through a few million games in an online capacity, we'll never know how good the new rules are anyway, since tt holds such a low % of BB played. Probably accounts for at least part of some peoples 5+ resentment.

But anyway, digression over on my part. Wink
 Jump to: