42 coaches online • Server time: 11:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: May 11, 2009 - 20:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Slann are fun to play. They are an AWESOME defensive team. They are Amazon ready with loads of Tackle (though no Zon team will play against them in Ranked). They can shutdown an Elf or Human passing game if played right. They are also loaded with Leap for busting Cages.

They aren't too slow and a good balanced team can be make from them. Imagine a cross between an LRB4 Norse and Human Team with Leap and better AV but no Throwers. That's Slann in a nutshell. I can't wait. The Norse roster changes a bit with LRB 5 to be a little like a faster Necro team without Regen. Slann fill that tactical void that some people actually ENJOY playing with additional strategies to employ.

I am also looking forward to the unique team building possibilities of Chaos All Stars. Lino's that you can give almost ANY SKILL YOU WANT on a regular roll and 3 BIG GUYS on the pitch at the same time. Not to mention the impact the Renegades can have.

The possibilities and combinations are virtually endless. Almost any viable AG3 based strategy can be used and then some. A TTM option, a Passing game, loads of Guard, Claw and Mighty Blow, access to DP and Sneaky Git.

The option to really add an element of CHAOS to your game with an Ogre a Minotaur and a Troll bringing Bonhead, Wild Animal and Really Stupid into the mix. What a Line of Scrimmage! Think about the 3 dice Block potential you have when all 3 get Guard.
SillySod

Post   Posted: May 11, 2009 - 21:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Gordreg wrote:
Is it just me who doesn't like the Slann? Since they've got a role as limited numbers of fat old frogs ruling over the Lizardmen and all the old Slann teams got reinvented as lizardman teams, re-introducing them seems something of a retrograde step...

I agree. However, the team is pretty fun so it doesnt really matter. You quickly get used to not thinking about the big fat toadlike Slann while using the smaller learner froglike Slann.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: May 12, 2009 - 03:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I second this!!
SillySod

Post   Posted: May 12, 2009 - 14:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I pronounce Hogshine as king of the Underworld Smile

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Hogshine

Post   Posted: May 12, 2009 - 14:30 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
I pronounce Hogshine as king of the Underworld Smile

QFT

btw, what's the underworld team? I can't be bothered with google... Is that the random goblin/skaven/everythingelsetheycouldthinkof thing?

OK, I looked at it now. I don't get it, basically really bad skaven with no gutter runners, but loads of mutating goblins? Sure, I'll be their king. I like silly team designs Smile
SillySod

Post   Posted: May 12, 2009 - 14:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep... not very strong, not totally useless, able to hand out a few suprises, and a little bit ugly.

Just like you Very Happy

Tinkywinky

Post   Posted: May 12, 2009 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Nighteye wrote:
Gordreg wrote:
Is it just me who doesn't like the Slann? Since they've got a role as limited numbers of fat old frogs ruling over the Lizardmen and all the old Slann teams got reinvented as lizardman teams, re-introducing them seems something of a retrograde step...

You cant really compare the Blood Bowl setting with the normal warhammer fantasy setting. They are 2 different worlds really.

Except of course all team design so far is based on Warhammer, but that's just coincidence I guess.

Post   Posted: May 12, 2009 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Tinkywinky wrote:
Nighteye wrote:
Gordreg wrote:

You cant really compare the Blood Bowl setting with the normal warhammer fantasy setting. They are 2 different worlds really.

Except of course all team design so far is based on Warhammer, but that's just coincidence I guess.

Well, it is but not really. It's an alrenative humor sort of warhammer fantasy word, if you have read any of the BB novels you will understand what I mean. But the end point is, much of the story is simply dropped for fun and game balance.
SillySod

Post   Posted: May 12, 2009 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Mentioning the BB novels in any kind of background debate is a swift way to lose the debate Wink

Royston

Post   Posted: May 12, 2009 - 23:22 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
Mentioning the BB novels in any kind of background debate is a swift way to lose the debate Wink

Are said novels a good read or the big steaming pile of faeces I suspect them to be?

Post   Posted: May 12, 2009 - 23:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Royston wrote:
SillySod wrote:

Are said novels a good read or the big steaming pile of faeces I suspect them to be?

The ones I read weren't particularly great. I almost enjoyed reading them in spite of myself, but they were pretty badly written and I think SillySod could've come up with better plots. Well, similar plots anyway.
Grumbledook

Post   Posted: May 13, 2009 - 00:16 Reply with quote Back to top

the underworld team come from second edition blood bowl, as do the other two for that matter
Royston

Post   Posted: May 13, 2009 - 00:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I am looking forward to playing as Underworld, I've always liked the idea of them. Slann too seem quite interesting being different to all the other teams out there.

Come to think of it, Chaos Pact - 3 BGs at once, sweet.

Post   Posted: May 13, 2009 - 01:05 Reply with quote Back to top

sillysod loves those big guys
Hogshine

Post   Posted: May 13, 2009 - 01:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Royston wrote:
I am looking forward to playing as Underworld, I've always liked the idea of them. Slann too seem quite interesting being different to all the other teams out there.

Come to think of it, Chaos Pact - 3 BGs at once, sweet.

Slaan look like a very interesting team, I quite like them even if they are a bit strange (for want of a better word).

I'm not so keen on Underworld or Chaos Pact, but then again they could be very cool. The marauders certainly make Pact interesting, and mutated goblins could be pretty sick.
 Jump to: