46 coaches online • Server time: 17:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Khudzlin

Post   Posted: May 18, 2009 - 14:35 Reply with quote Back to top

haven't tried this version yet

i'm thinking about a few options that are available from the right-click menu in skijunkie's client: displaying either team's rosters and conceding the match come to my mind

btw, regarding concessions, the penalties (FF, winnings and MVP loss, star exodus) do not apply if the conceding coach was unable to field 3 players for a kick-off (this applies only if the coach concedes at the kick-off, not if he decides to play anyway then changes his mind) -- the match is still a loss in any case, of course
Zhluhur

Post   Posted: May 18, 2009 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey there,

I've done a quick "polishing" of Christers Mockup for the 1024x768 Screen.

Hope you like it.

http://i43.tinypic.com/k00ec1.jpg

Best regards,
Zhluhur

Post   Posted: May 18, 2009 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Me likey!

Would it be possible to have icons for RR's? I rather dislike the numbers...

Zhluhur

Post   Posted: May 18, 2009 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Its more a space problem. You need the space to display up to 10 re-rolls. (who ever purchases so many, but still)
The screen is packed with chat pitch and players.

Post   Posted: May 18, 2009 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

the number of rerolls can go much higher than 10, with fast scoring and reroll generating kickoff events, so numbers become necessary, unless you intend to use icons that represent multiple rerolls
PhrollikK

Well ofc it would get crowded. But a stack of RR's and a number on top perhaps?

Shadeknight

Zhluhur wrote:
Hey there,

Hope you like it.

Best regards,
Zhluhur

i like that a lot.

Post   Posted: May 18, 2009 - 21:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Zhluhur wrote:
Hey there,

Hope you like it.

Best regards,
Zhluhur

I have to say I like christer's original version better. That is just to dark and weird for me.
SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: May 18, 2009 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I like it.

Post   Posted: May 18, 2009 - 22:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Ludovicious wrote:
What would be really ace would, be a theme selector for chat and log.

I have a dark theme om my comp and so the colours (look, an u. ref. to a previous thread) of the fonts look like distorted neon, only readable if my eyes are at the excact level of the line im reading.

seconded...it's a purely cosmetic thing, obviously, and should be one of the last things to touch upon, but it'd be really nice to have a customizable theme ability with the client, and the ability to create new color themes with some simple xml coding or something...

one thing i did notice...while the spectating mode improvements have been really great, unless i'm missing something, if i want to swap matches, i have to close out and restart the client to get the game chooser, correct?....it'd be nice to have the ability to stop spectating a match and jump to another one without closing the client...i've never been a big fan of programs that require a restart to swap functionality, so the more that can be done within the client without restarting, the better, imo

--j

ImageImage
Khudzlin

Post   Posted: May 18, 2009 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

you have to start a new client to spectate another game, but you don't have to close the old one... just like skijunkie's client

i agree it would be nice to be able to change games without starting a new client
Nighteye

Post   Posted: May 18, 2009 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Khudzlin wrote:
you have to start a new client to spectate another game, but you don't have to close the old one... just like skijunkie's client

i agree it would be nice to be able to change games without starting a new client

Aye, you can be logged on to as many games as you want. You just cant log on to the same game twice, so no more spectating yourself.
Nighteye

Post   Posted: May 18, 2009 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh and thats right. Feedback on the new improvements.

The pathing and automove really looks nice. Looks like a very useful tool for those standard moves that doesnt require any rolls. Its stll a bit bugged though, but thats a different matter.

I also like the new icons on the popup action menu. Id still like the different actions to be reordered a bit. I'd like to have the "stand up and end turn" to be on top for example.

And good work for finally implementing a ping sound at all turnovers and during setup, it was really missing.

Now to just work on that volume feature Wink

edit: forgot some stuff.

The new pass/handoff handling is GREAT, simply GREAT. Always annoyed me that the old client didnt do that properly. Its gonna take alot of getting used to, and i bet there will be loads and utter loads of whine from people that forgot to choose the proper action.

Also the /spectators command looks like a fun little command, certainly makes sure you cant lurk as spectator anymore.
Zhluhur

Post   Posted: May 18, 2009 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Kraark wrote:
Zhluhur wrote:
Hey there,

Hope you like it.

Best regards,
Zhluhur

I have to say I like christer's original version better. That is just to dark and weird for me.

Thats understandable. I used the work I did some years ago to build up that GUI. It would be nice to change between different themes. Its not so very difficult to build new ones.

Post   Posted: May 18, 2009 - 23:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Well i really like the auto move thing, really speeds up the mundane moves. popups are really nice too, dunno maybe a little bigger or thicker border to make em stand out might be nice.
 Jump to: