46 coaches online • Server time: 15:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Christer

Post   Posted: May 19, 2009 - 09:35
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Nighteye wrote:
The pathing and automove really looks nice. Looks like a very useful tool for those standard moves that doesnt require any rolls. Its stll a bit bugged though, but thats a different matter.

I have already made a few fixes which will show up in the next version. However, please write a bug report about the bugs you have found so I can verify and fix them too.
darkwing2k6

Post   Posted: May 19, 2009 - 11:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Nighteye wrote:

In regards to the context menu where you select what action to take, i have very often accidentally clicked end turn instead of say going for it. This might be one of those thing you just need to get the hang of, but the two buttons are very close to eachother, and its easy to missclick. Some kind of line separator, separating the end turn action from the other actions would be really nice. If you missclick any other action, you can just deselect the player and start over, but not so with end turn.

i've not played using the new client yet (so i could be talking complete gibberish here) but from what im reading would it be possible to add in a little pop-up window for end turn that says "Are you sure you want to end turn? - Yes/No" - just like the old client? if it already has this then just ignore me and il crawl back into my cave Smile
Kalimar

Post   Posted: May 26, 2009 - 11:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello BloodBowl-Fans out there,

the latest Release (25th of May) contains several Usability changes. There is a new Block Choice dialog (Block dice going to the sidebar are icons now, colored according to the side that chose the result), there are Key bindings for almost everything (player choice, action choice, movement, blocking, pushback, all dialogs), Hand Over needs one less click to use and we have full Fumbbl Games page integration (so you can see running games and spectate them with a single click). I would like some feedback on that (aside from bug reports) if possible (good for my motivation).

Greetings, Kalimar
Kraark

Post   Posted: May 26, 2009 - 17:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, just noticed that if you give the wrong pass and ask for a list of open games it dosent give the correct error message, it only says "no game for you". Haven't been able to play a game yet.

Post   Posted: May 27, 2009 - 14:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Greetings Kalimar. Just tested latest version and other than reporting bugs id like to make a request. the new keybindings are great, but would you please please consider also making the numpad usable for movement (as they are in the LRB4 client)

The new blockdice popup is very nice as well btw Smile
xcver

Post   Posted: May 27, 2009 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

can the client be directed through proxy? and if yes, could this be included in the settings?

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2009 - 10:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello BloodBowlFans out there,

I haven't received a single line of feedback on the new replay functionality so far.
And there I thought that would be a really cool feature Wink

Just a hint: you can even spectate / replay your own games as long as you are not playing actively (not connected to the game as a player). To give an exampe: you play for a while, your kid is restless and you need to postpone the game till later and agree with your opponent to drop off. Before restarting the game the next day you connect as a spectator and replay the unfinished game to see what has gone before - all possible.

And: all the games played in the latest version so far are replayable. Just join as a spectator, list the open games. Pick one and switch to replay mode.

Want to give it a try ?
I'd be glad to hear from you!

Greetings, Kalimar
Sinner

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2009 - 10:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi there,

I would love to, but 1) there are not many games to spectate, because effectivly there are not many games played in d5. 2) I cannot play myself as I do not have the time.

I fear the first hype has died down and ppl are settling back and waiting for the rest of skills to get in. Additionally: it is summer vacation time Smile

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2009 - 10:34 Reply with quote Back to top

@Sinner: thanks anyhow for the reply. But as I have mentioned above you can spectate and replay games that are not currently being played (either because they are finished or because the players have dropped off). And I agree with you about the "hype" that hasn't been all that big in the best of times. I hope that interest re-ignites when result uploading is finished (so that teams can actually improve).
Sinner

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2009 - 11:02 Reply with quote Back to top

okay.

How do I display the list of running/unfinished games?

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2009 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/bbc.jnlp?spectate=1 there.

Sadly there aren't any open games available right now.
thegoodnamesaretaken

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2009 - 01:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Kalimar wrote:
I hope that interest re-ignites when result uploading is finished (so that teams can actually improve).

You can pretty much bet that it will start to see a LOT more use once team progression is working.

I played a few games when the beta first started, but playing brand new starting teams can get old fairly quick. I'm sure I'm not the only one eagerly awaiting team progression before I dive back into beta testing.
Sinner

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2009 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay,

I just played around with replay functionality. So this is stuff I noticed on my Win XP machine (java -version says Java 1.3.1_01, but Java Control Panel says 1.6.0_13, better):
- in game selection please show current turn/half and probably whether there was a move in the last 20 minutes meaning: yes it is actively played!
- in game selection the fields are editable (funny as it is, it does not impact game loading...) on a double click
- a return to start |<< should remove all displayed block dice
- I wonder whether I am alone there, but I think skipping setup phase would be neat. Just pop before kick off. But thats just me...
- oh, just noticed the |<< and >>| are not doing what I exspected: they move you to end of turn... AHAAA. A little hover help would be great... and of course a button to move to beginning and one for end.
- Pressing end of turn in setup should move to end of setup and not end of turn

Other than that... great feature!
-

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2009 - 15:51 Reply with quote Back to top

i think autoswitch to spec mode when you catch up with the game would be a nice feature too

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2009 - 10:49 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
i think autoswitch to spec mode when you catch up with the game would be a nice feature too

Yeah, like timeshifting on a HDD-VCR when you ff the ads Smile

<edit>
Just had a peculiar feature in mind: Could you add (priority way behind Pluto) something like an event record that shows on a timeline touchdowns, injuries and probably turnovers of the ball. Like you see the turns and the event on that turn. So a spec that just joined is wondering why there are so many injuries can jump directly to that turn. But play features come first of course.

Another would be to show on a player in the injuries who hurt him (probably let the hurting player glow red or something...) and the other way round of course.

All minor or no priority though - just feature requests
</edit

Jump to: