43 coaches online • Server time: 12:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Dodge
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Shephard

Post   Posted: May 11, 2009 - 16:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Played a few games last night, reported a couple of issues that were found (mostly which amounted to a lot of "me too!").

Talking with the guy I was playing and testing with, we agreed that perhaps the interface layout could use a tune up. The specific example we had last night was when we were noting that the turn counters were advancing incorrectly after a touchdown. The information we were trying to compare were on opposite sides of the screen. This might not seem like a big deal, but from a user interface perspective, I would think that you would want related information clustered together.

Would it be possible to have three main data areas: the team benches on opposite sides of the screen like they are now, and an area for meta-game information, such as score, turn counts, rerolls and rerolls used, and any other global game statuses? Like on a bar across the top or bottom?

I'm not trying to be <i>overly</i> critical: I think the work done thus far is excellent. But I'm also one of those software engineering interface theory nerds who thinks that UIs should feel natural to use and pull information from. Using the new program last night, we both noticed that getting game state information as we were trying to pin down the problems we were seeing was a bit disjointed.
 Jump to: