22 coaches online • Server time: 01:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Gollummen

Post 10 Posted: Dec 08, 2003 - 02:04 Reply with quote Back to top

A few friends and I are starting a BB league. I am playing human and I am just making my team. I was thinking of something like this:

1 x Thrower 70k
2 x Catcher 140k
2 x Blitzer 180k
5 x Linemen 250k
1 x Ogre 120k
3 x RR 150k
9 x FF 90k

= 1.000.000

I hope to be able to buy my apoc after a few games.

What do you think? How would you do it?
Twahn

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2003 - 02:14 Reply with quote Back to top

1 less Ogre, 1 less Lineman, 1 less Fan, and 2 more Blitzers. That's my favourite lineup...

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
Rimmer

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2003 - 02:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Drop the ogre...

I like Twahns idea.

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2003 - 02:49 Reply with quote Back to top

i dont like ctcher at all , so -2 catcher,-2 ff and +2 blitzer
bonefaith

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2003 - 02:50 Reply with quote Back to top

err -4 ff
Twahn

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2003 - 03:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Humans without Catchers? Pah!

If you don't like Catchers, you should probably just make an Orc team...

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
vigil

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2003 - 03:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Go with Twahn's setup. Always start with 9FF, especially if you're new. You'll need the money for more players.
Jugular

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2003 - 13:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Try your current lineup there is nothing wrong with it. The changes suggested here are just peoples personal taste of how to play human teams. Getting ur BG early is often a good plan as he can gain Block more quickly. Asking for help on team creation is kinda pointless unless the advice given explains why those differences are preffered, and the ensuing style of play is understood and enjoyed by the team creator. Experience is the best way to temper ur team creation skills. Personally I like the idea of more blitzers as I prefer their higher MA for creating longer 'corridors' for catchers to run through. Having block on the team is exceptionally useful in a rookie league. You might like to look at ur likely opponents choice of race as in a small league this is vital to ur team creation
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2003 - 13:58 Reply with quote Back to top

lthough Human teams are not my forte i can see that they have many different playing styles... with 4 blitzers they can bash competently and 4 decent catchers give them a more than able passsing game. linemen are cheap and dependable and they have access to arguably the best big guy... the ogre. humans are great at swithching their gameplay depending on their opponents. against elven teams the human advantage is thaier bashing game whereas vs orcs and chaos they can hold their own with their ogre while running rings around the opposition with 4 catchers.
Having an ogre from the start is a necessity because a) he needs block asap and b) he can become a serious pain to the other team if used wisely. blitzers are more than capable of scoring TD's early on with ma7 and block so you can afford to have less catchers from the start as they will get SPP's like crazy once in your roster. with an ogre and lots of blitzers in the starting lineup you should easily be able to get 2 cas per game and with ma 7 blitzers it isnt too hard to score so your FF should go up quickly. this will make it easier to win matches and increase your winnings at the end of the match.

the lineup i would use is:

1 ogre x 120k
3 blitzers x 270k
1 catcher x 70k
5 linemen x 250k
1 thrower x 70k
2 rerolls x 100k
9 ff x 90k

2 rerolls requires careful play but can pay good benefits. first thing you should buy is an apoth, a player and then sink money into rerolls as it will help to keep your TR down and possibly get you more winnings. you may feel you need to get more players if tey drop like flies but humans are quite cheap compared to elves so they can recover much more quickly. it is true that humans can be hit hard at the start but once they get going they are the most diverse team in the bloodbowl universe! i havent had the patience yet to develop humans fully yet!

i would develop 2 catchers into devensive ball retrievers with strip ball and dauntless. they still have the scoring potential of a catcher but are formidible ball retrievers because of ma 8 dauntless. the other two catchers should be turned into a scorer and a protector. both should be able to protect each other by getting skills like diving tackle shadowing etc and they should be kept together.as before they are still catchers and can still score with ease. personally i see no point in giving them sprint or sure feet as they will never become one turners. spreading the SPP's around your catchers is always the best plan in long term team development.
with the blitzers i would have 2 ball retrievers with strip ball and tackle etc in lieu with the 2 catchers make a great defensive potential. the other 2 blitzers should be made into player removers, with mighty blow and things to help out the ogre or remove pesky wood elf catchers.
the ogre is also good as a diversion as he can cause cas. the opposition may try to tie your big guy up with 2 or 3 players in fear that he may kill someone or may concentrate on taking him down. this draws players away from his main attack or his defence so it is plain to see that it is good to have an ogre
the throwers should be developed differentlyt also. one should be offensive and the other defensive with dump off and block etc. the offensive should be purchased first and given skills like accurate or strong arm to make long passes a real possibility.
a lino with DP is also great incase you come across any piling on teams or if a decent player happens to go to ground. the other linos should be given block (obviously!) and one should be given kick, which is very very useful.

this is what i would do if i ever started up a human team again! in my opinion if your opponent doesnt know what you are going to try then that is your biggest advantage. humans have diversity in bags so be diverse in your play!!! Smile
oeuftete

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2003 - 14:52 Reply with quote Back to top

There's always the user guide for this kind of info:

http://fumbbl.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpWiki&file=index&pagename=HumanSetUp

Myself, I used the setup you suggested at the start for my faction team, and it has served me very well. I'd do the exact same again.
Jahira

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2003 - 15:09 Reply with quote Back to top

5 rr
3 Blitzers
9 FF
1 thrower
Rest Linemen
Give you the oppotunity to get some real nasty linemen, that is the backbone of your team anyway.
Also make's winning games in the first few rounds easy, as you have rr's to hammer away and don't need saving up for em.
Keep's you tr low for a while, but still you team rox.
Jahira

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2003 - 15:12 Reply with quote Back to top

OHH and then BTW
browwnrob_ni Wrote: personally i see no point in giving them sprint or sure feet as they will never become one turners.

Never? look at this player: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=461715
Mordachai

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2003 - 16:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to add the fact that you can score 1 turn TD's with move 8...

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2003 - 09:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah but its quite hard to make the necessary 2 pushes.
Franz

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2003 - 09:35 Reply with quote Back to top

With move 8 you need quick snap, but whit MA 10, or MA9 sprint it's possible without quick snap.
 Jump to: